GDT: Ottawa at Devils Game-5 5/5 8:00 PM

thelastonealive

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 game from elimination, nobody expects us to come back, not even us fans. But I hope the Devils go out there tonight and play their best hockey and win their last game at Continental Airlines Arena before they go back to Ottawa and you know what...

Always...

LETS GODEVILS! :koolaid:

"You have to believe in who you are and what you are and what you have," he said. "Our feeling is we have to execute, but I believe in that group in that room. I believe that we have the abilities to get it done."

Lou Lamoriello

This has been an interesting season to say the least. If you think about it, it's really not surprising the position the Devils are in right now considering that this team has done everything the hard way this season. With that being said though, this team has also answered the bell every single time when their backs were against the wall.

They aren't the best Devils team ever as far as skill and execution are concerned but I truly believe that they are a tight group of players who really care for one another. I have been wrong plenty of times before but for whatever reason I have sensed something special about this season's team.

Maybe, just maybe, the Devils will finally be able to put the pieces together and play a solid 60 minute game and get the team firing on all cylinders. I know it's a long shot but if my hunch is anywhere near correct, then there is no way that the players in the Devils locker room will let each other down.

Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom before you can start to get things going in the right direction and make that climb back up. They have come way to far to just give up now without a fight.

Get it done boys!!!!!! Time to make some history!!!!!

BELIEVE !!!

"For whatever reason, when our backs are to the wall, when we're in our most desperate situation, the true team shows up," said Jamie Langenbrunner, whose Game 2 overtime goal is the Devils' lone winner in this series.

"I believe in that group in that room, and I believe we have the ability to get it done," Lamoriello said.

"We played terrible that game (in 2000). That's a whole different scenario," center Scott Gomez said. "Everyone was feeling sorry for themselves. Everyone was moping around. Here, it's a different mentality. We know what's at stake."