GDT: New Jersey @ Winnipeg

Quinn01

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "All the stress this holiday Im glad I bought a Hyundai" commercial?! I always dance to that one. I know all the words.

Actually no although those get on my nerves too. (I must sound like a grumpy old man). The ones I'm talking about I think are from 2010 and they were inescapable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g947151eKQo

well i think there's a need... IMO it shows that we'll NEVER be safe in the playoffs with Marty in nets... its hard to play when you know that any shots can go in like that.

Can we MAKE the playoffs first before we worry about what our goaltending may or may not do? It's not exactly a lock yet although being eight over is nice. And fwiw, Marty has one goal allowed in four of his last seven starts and two (in regulation) in one of the other three. Moose only has two and one allowed in his last two starts as well.

This next stretch is key to try to get some seperation - six in a row at home over the next three weeks and ten of thirteen at home, while not leaving the tri-state area. I don't think the Devils even leave the Eastern time zone again this season other than the April game in Detroit.

I want to shut the gate closed right on the fvcking woman's face on the Citi commercial

wouldn't mind her slipping off that rock and plunging to her death.

Actually no although those get on my nerves too. (I must sound like a grumpy old man). The ones I'm talking about I think are from 2010 and they were inescapable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g947151eKQo

ugh, hipster shlock

my god, that one drives me more crazy than the chick who left the goddamn gate open

Yeah that one really pisses me off. I remember one Prudential one 2 years ago with a father talking to his son that used to get on my nerves that they showed a million times.

Edit: Found it:

Edited by Quinn01

Can we MAKE the playoffs first before we worry about what our goaltending may or may not do? It's not exactly a lock yet although being eight over is nice. And fwiw, Marty has one goal allowed in four of his last seven starts and two (in regulation) in one of the other three. Moose only has two and one allowed in his last two starts as well.

This next stretch is key to try to get some seperation - six in a row at home over the next three weeks and ten of thirteen at home, while not leaving the tri-state area. I don't think the Devils even leave the Eastern time zone again this season other than the April game in Detroit.

Hard to say if Marty and Hedberg can continue their better play of late, but at least they've been turning in some good ones.

Yeah, the schedule's been imbalanced for a while...now it FINALLY evens out. I'm not expecting the Devils to tear it up, but I'll be happy as long as they don't have a diastrous homestand...I'd take 3-2-1 over the next 6...obviously I'll hope for better, but they're 13-5-1 over their last 19, and have three toughies coming up in the Bruins, Rangers, and Flyers...they're probably due for a little bit of a downturn.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Does anyone else agree that it's stupid for their fans to be doing the Maaaaaaaaarty chant when the score is 0-0 in the first?

Just makes you look like a joke if you lose.. This team is still the Thrashers - a bunch of losers

I believe they were still doing the chant when we went up 2-1. I couldn't figure that one out at all...

Does anyone else agree that it's stupid for their fans to be doing the Maaaaaaaaarty chant when the score is 0-0 in the first?

Just makes you look like a joke if you lose.. This team is still the Thrashers - a bunch of losers

I thought them booing Kovy was a joke. It felt so forced...I understood the Thrasher fans in Atlanta doing it, but those fans in Winnipeg have no connection to Kovy whatsoever. How exactly did Kovy ever break their hearts, or hurt them?

A lot less stupid than chanting "you suck" after a goal when your team is down by 3 goals and last in the conference.

I just wish someone would close the damn gate. Then we can get back to talking about FOOTBALL. Coz we're MEN. Talking about FOOTBALL. A game played by MEN. For MEN. :rant:

Lmao. +1. How he hasnt gotten sued for that and being "sexist" is beyond me. Seems like something "theyd" be all over.

Absolutely. It always pisses me off.

Hard to say if Marty and Hedberg can continue their better play of late, but at least they've been turning in some good ones.

Yeah, the schedule's been imbalanced for a while...now it FINALLY evens out. I'm not expecting the Devils to tear it up, but I'll be happy as long as they don't have a diastrous homestand...I'd take 3-2-1 over the next 6...obviously I'll hope for better, but they're 13-5-1 over their last 19, and have three toughies coming up in the Bruins, Rangers, and Flyers...they're probably due for a little bit of a downturn.

schedule definately toughens up. Rags are playing well and the isles are no push over for us for some reason. we have 9 games left against those two . flyers bruins toronto buff all good skating teams if we want a good seeding we need to take care of the NY teams

I just wish someone would close the damn gate. Then we can get back to talking about FOOTBALL. Coz we're MEN. Talking about FOOTBALL. A game played by MEN. For MEN. :rant:

Does anyone listen to those r-tards?

Speaking of r-tards: Jets fans boo prominent players of all visiting teams. I guess they feel more important that way or somesuch. They're still the Thrashers.

schedule definately toughens up. Rags are playing well and the isles are no push over for us for some reason. we have 9 games left against those two . flyers bruins toronto buff all good skating teams if we want a good seeding we need to take care of the NY teams

I am waiting for the game after next against the Bruins. I want to see how we bounce back against the trashing we got the last time.They'll be at the end of a 4G road trip in 6 days starting with Canes tonight.

Edited by Anhkheg

I am waiting for the game after next against the Bruins. I want to see how we bounce back against the trashing we got the last time.

good point, imo, we will be much better and give them a good game. we can skate 3 lines with them, we maybe 2-1/2 lol. they buzzed us pretty good, but some of those goals were flukie.

and we need to beat the rags a few times

i really like those quotes, especially coming from zach

Captain Zach Parise said before the game he and his teammates would "run through a wall" for DeBoer the way things have gone in the first half.

"It means a lot coming from him," DeBoer said. "Here's a guy everybody in the hockey world has a tremendous amount of respect for. So it's nice to hear. I think Zach Parise would run through a wall for anybody based on his character, but it's nice to hear that."