Let's start a pool of where Brodeur will end up

roomtemp

That makes sense. Bishop is their guy. Pretty sure the Lightning feel comfortable with him. What does Brodeur coming in do for Ben Bishop? Like Ray Ferraro said on radio today:

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 5h

Ferraro "it's almost ludicrous to say Brodeur will go somewhere and be a mentor. When has he ever been a mentor?"

Is Tampa Bay an ideal spot if Marty gets what he wants...absolutely. But I don't think going there for 20 games is what he wants.

Ferraro is an idiot. Brodeur was never a mentor because he was never in the position to be. Last year was probably the only case ever. (Not saying it actually was, but it was the closest thing in 20 years).

Until last year, the organization never cared, bothered, or tried hard to come up with a succession plan to Brodeur. Weekes, Schwab, Vanbiesbrouck, Hedberg, even Clemmensen, etc. Not guys you groom as the future or guys Marty could "mentor".

As an experienced NHLer Ferraro should know better and shut the fvck up because he just looks and sounds dumb.

Marty is getting a rude awakening right now. Sad to see but it is what it is.

I wonder if he thought he'd be signed by now, if he thought it'd be quick.

Unfortunately for him I don't think teams really know what he is now...he can't be your #1, but he doesn't have much experience backing up, so who knows if he can do that.  And he's 42.  And probably still looking for some coin. 

Not sure how this ends.  Like the above post says, maybe the Leafs. 

I wonder if he thought he'd be signed by now, if he thought it'd be quick.

Unfortunately for him I don't think teams really know what he is now...he can't be your #1, but he doesn't have much experience backing up, so who knows if he can do that.  And he's 42.  And probably still looking for some coin. 

Not sure how this ends.  Like the above post says, maybe the Leafs. 

I don't think Brodeur ever intended to sign Day 1.  I think he wanted to take his time and wait for all the offers to come in, then evaluate them, talk to the GMs, etc.  Now he's under the delusion that there will be lots of teams interested in his services.  Plus he doesn't want to get caught up in the 'frenzy' - there's only a few more opportunities for him to say to the media how exciting free agency is, and to be 'the big name' in free agency.  He'll still generate headlines by his unsignedness. 

St. Louis is still a theoretical landing spot; I forgot about them.  But boy are potential destinations closing out fast.

We'll know tomorrow, I think.  If Brodeur's still giving optimistic interviews, he'll sign somewhere eventually.  If he's not talking to the media at all, his opportunities will have closed up.

Edited by Triumph

I think he definitely expected a lot more interest than there's been so far.  Even if he didn't expect to sign on Day 1, I don't think he expected 15 goalies to sign before him.  

Yeah, probably not going to drag out...either Marty will have a new team within the next couple of days or will have to wait for a goalie to get hurt during the season if he insist on trying to hang on.

I don't think Brodeur ever intended to sign Day 1. I think he wanted to take his time and wait for all the offers to come in, then evaluate them, talk to the GMs, etc. Now he's under the delusion that there will be lots of teams interested in his services. Plus he doesn't want to get caught up in the 'frenzy' - there's only a few more opportunities for him to say to the media how exciting free agency is, and to be 'the big name' in free agency. He'll still generate headlines by his unsignedness.

St. Louis is still a theoretical landing spot; I forgot about them. But boy are potential destinations closing out fast.

We'll know tomorrow, I think. If Brodeur's still giving optimistic interviews, he'll sign somewhere eventually. If he's not talking to the media at all, his opportunities will have closed up.

I was thinking St. Louis too but i think they are goin to give Jake Allen his chance. I forget the exact number but I think he was over .930 in the AHL last year.

LeBrun tweeted that Brodeur talked with Pittsburgh and Tampa and there wasn't a fit, and that he's prepared to wait 'all summer [if necessary]'.  Boy, and I thought I was told that there were 6 teams interested and he was guaranteed to go somewhere.

LeBrun tweeted that Brodeur talked with Pittsburgh and Tampa and there wasn't a fit, and that he's prepared to wait 'all summer [if necessary]'.  Boy, and I thought I was told that there were 6 teams interested and he was guaranteed to go somewhere.

Wasn't a fit with his salary demands, his role, the amount of games, his ability to tell the coach when he plays, the guaranteed Habs home games....or was it all?

This is exactly why I get frustrated every time he speaks. This is tough to watch, it sounds like he could have signed with a team or two but he wanted more money. I thought he just wanted to play....

Please just retire, it was a fun and memorable last game as a Devil. Go out on that note.

There might have been six teams interested until they talked with him lol...Toronto was supposed to be hot for him early on but that cooled significantly.

He can wait all summer if he wants, all the chairs are getting filled quick.

Lol Marty... don't be greedy on top of that

• Pierre LeBrun: Hearing the Penguins did speak with Martin Brodeur but they couldn’t make the money work

When I saw this, I realized Marty must have went off the deep end completely

He is trying to dictate playing time AND making financial demands?!?!?

Just hang em up #30, it was a great run

He can't think that he's still going to get paid 4.5 or 5 million a year.  THAT's delusional.  I hope Cory understands this thing that Brodeur doesn't seem to get.  This nagging fact that there's only 60 spots, if there's one available, you take it, especially if your reasoning is for "the love of the game".  If players would be in the NHL for simply and only the "love of the game", we would see a lot more players on lower salaries regardless of the team.  That being said, back to Marty. 

I can't imagine that he's asking for that much money, but I don't think he has enough experience in the free agent scene and isn't nearly aggressive enough.  I'm sure Pittsburgh was looking at all the available options. 

"We can sign Marty Brodeur for 2.5/3million per year or we can sign someone like Greiss, who's younger, better, and cheaper than Brodeur." 
"You sold me! Mr. Lemieux!"

I feel for you Marty, I really do.  I can imagine that being a free agent 'tender is very different to being a skater free agent.  Just simply less jobs out there.