Tim Sestito Goal Watch 2014-15

Triumph

A fair question would be... Does a shootout goal counts? Lol

So whats more likely here....

A) that hes the lone scorer in a 5-1 loss

B) gets the game winner

If, after all of the team's shootout struggles, Tim Sestito scores in a shootout, my head is going to explode.

He's played 89 games in parts of 7 seasons, all of them as a forward, and he has yet to score a goal.

since 2011-2012, the Devils have 249 GP from forward call-ups from Bernier, Gionta, Mills, Sestito, Veilleux, Zalewski, Zharkov, Butler, Anderson, Pesonen, Boucher, Janssen, Tedenby, Sislo, Whitney.......and there are a total of 11 goals from the group -- six of those goals coming from Bernier and Janssen.

Speaks volumes about the ability of Devils management acquiring and drafting players.

Sestito Watch 12/23:

I'd rank this a 2 on the Sestito Almost Scored scale.  He didn't have a shot and he probably didn't have an attempt.  He was on the ice briefly with Cammalleri and Jagr though, and he was about to attempt a shot when the play was whistled because the net was dislodged.

Sestito Watch 12/23:

I'd rank this a 2 on the Sestito Almost Scored scale. He didn't have a shot and he probably didn't have an attempt. He was on the ice briefly with Cammalleri and Jagr though, and he was about to attempt a shot when the play was whistled because the net was dislodged.

I'm gonna go out on an Andrew Peters sized limb and say that if the net hadn't been dislodged, that shot wouldn't have gone in.
  • Like 1

Classic Devils fringe guy. He's well rounded enough to play in place of an injured regular but he's so far from skilled it's hilarious. He's blue collar, works for every inch and usually makes the right play.

I don't hate him, it's just not a good sign for the franchise if he's the first guy you call up

I fvcking hate this guy and can't understand why he's still here and always gets called up.. He's a waste of space and time and effort..

He's not that bad. He's a decent skater and is ok positionally for a 4th line role. He's not my first choice to make the team, but he doesn't hurt us to the point where he deserves the hate directed towards him that he garners.

He's not that bad. He's a decent skater and is ok positionally for a 4th line role. He's not my first choice to make the team, but he doesn't hurt us to the point where he deserves the hate directed towards him that he garners.

I don't even think he's 4th-liner material.

It's a foreign concept to us Devils fans recently, but 4th liners can actually be expected to contribute on rare occasions.  Look at the CGBG in 2012, that was a bitching 4th line.  6 points in 90 games is unacceptable for an NHL player.

your exactly right. I feel the same way. Plays his heart out . Plays harder than a lot on the team and dosent hurt us. good on pk

I don't even think he's 4th-liner material.

It's a foreign concept to us Devils fans recently, but 4th liners can actually be expected to contribute on rare occasions.  Look at the CGBG in 2012, that was a bitching 4th line.  6 points in 90 games is unacceptable for an NHL player.

I think the idea that a 4th line contributing is a little overblown.  The only teams that have 4th liners that contribute even just semi-regularly are the top teams in the league.  By and large the 4th liners on teams are just there to provide "energy" and to give the top 2 lines some rest so they don't play massive minutes.

The CBGB line in 2012 also got a bit on a hot streak at the exact right time we needed them.  Outside of that playoff run they haven't contributed much at all in terms of scoring, but they did the job that most 4th liners are expected to do which I just stated above.

Sestito is fine and I get why he is up here (which is pretty much there isn't a whole lot of better options).  He is not great at anything really but not particularly bad at anything either. 

I think the idea that a 4th line contributing is a little overblown.  The only teams that have 4th liners that contribute even just semi-regularly are the top teams in the league.  By and large the 4th liners on teams are just there to provide "energy" and to give the top 2 lines some rest so they don't play massive minutes.

The CBGB line in 2012 also got a bit on a hot streak at the exact right time we needed them.  Outside of that playoff run they haven't contributed much at all in terms of scoring, but they did the job that most 4th liners are expected to do which I just stated above.

Sestito is fine and I get why he is up here (which is pretty much there isn't a whole lot of better options).  He is not great at anything really but not particularly bad at anything either. 

I dunno, I might've overstated my point a bit - but I still think a 4th liner shouldn't be a complete zero in the offensive zone (unless he's your typical 'fighter' type).

Edited by Devilsfan118

• 2 weeks later...