Yandle/Summers/4th to NY Duclair, 1st(16), 2nd(15), & J. Moore

ghdi

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Rangers win the cup then the Rangers win the cup. Who gives a sh!t?

Pretty sure most of us do, I can't speak for everyone but I live in New York and have never met a more self-entitled fan base in my life. Most that I have met(not all, that wouldnt be fair because I love Derek21) are completely ignorant to the game and think they are better than everyone else. If they won, I would have to move to another state(or continent) Edited by Louismydad

Pretty sure most of us do, I can't speak for everyone but I live in New York and have never met a more self-entitled fan base in my life. Most that I have met(not all, that wouldnt be fair because I love Derek21) are completely ignorant to the game and think they are better than everyone else. If they won, I would have to move to another state(or continent)

Try dealing with fans who have "24 cups" on a daily basis then we' ll talk about self-entitled fan base lol

Edited by SterioDesign

Pretty sure most of us do, I can't speak for everyone but I live in New York and have never met a more self-entitled fan base in my life. Most that I have met(not all, that wouldnt be fair because I love Derek21) are completely ignorant to the game and think they are better than everyone else. If they won, I would have to move to another state(or continent)

I don't get along with half the fanbase. But there are some extremely knowledgeable and passionate NYR fans who aren't thrilled about trading Duke. I have noticed that most of my disdain comes with the know it all analytics corsi people. I find them obnoxious. 

I don't get along with half the fanbase. But there are some extremely knowledgeable and passionate NYR fans who aren't thrilled about trading Duke. I have noticed that most of my disdain comes with the know it all analytics corsi people. I find them obnoxious.

Same here, on one of the other Devils fan boards I lurk in, whenever I come across a statistics no it all it really bothers me

I am not entirely sure that the Rangers liked what they saw in Duclair this year. He was their top LW prospect, but perhaps they are cashing out at the time they think his value his highest. The Rangers have a few offensive-minded defensemen coming up in their system, but Yandle gives them that immediately. I also suppose that with the amount of forward prospects they have, parting with Duclair was a price they could afford to pay. As far as their picks go though, they are betting the house. They just traded away their most dynamic forward prospect and the ability to draft one in the near future.

Individual trade threads?

I normally agree 100% but a trade like this to the Rags is somewhat significant and we don't have a trade deadline thread for around the league this year.

Edited by Neb00rs

It's not a great team as is and they overpaid for a guy who is overrated at even strength. If Girardi had been in the deal, as was rumoured, it'd been much better, but that dcorps is gonna be brutal. Sather is the best at making bad deals disappear, but this is bad for NYR.

It's not a great team as is and they overpaid for a guy who is overrated at even strength. If Girardi had been in the deal, as was rumoured, it'd been much better, but that dcorps is gonna be brutal. Sather is the best at making bad deals disappear, but this is bad for NYR.

I'm guessing Sather is hoping a better team can cover up for Yandle's deficiencies.  Hard to believe the guy is a -55 combined this season and last.  He's had the worst +/- on his team by a considerable margin both years.  Would love to see that number fleshed out, as to why it's SO bad.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I'm guessing Sather is hoping a better team can cover up for Yandle's deficiencies.  Hard to believe the guy is a -55 combined this season and last.  He's has the worst +/- by a considerable margin both years.  Would love to see that number fleshed out, as to why it's SO bad.

Mike Smith + poor shooting. 49% Corsi.

I am not entirely sure that the Rangers liked what they saw in Duclair this year. He was their top LW prospect, but perhaps they are cashing out at the time they think his value his highest. The Rangers have a few offensive-minded defensemen coming up in their system, but Yandle gives them that immediately. I also suppose that with the amount of forward prospects they have, parting with Duclair was a price they could afford to pay. As far as their picks go though, they are betting the house. They just traded away their most dynamic forward prospect and the ability to draft one in the near future.

I normally agree 100% but a trade like this to the Rags is somewhat significant and we don't have a trade deadline thread for around the league this year.

well for a 3rd round pick in 2013 to stick around for as long as he did while he could still play juniors. It means they liked you quite a lot IMO

Eh. It's one of those trades that either will work or backfire killing their future. Sather is back to his old ways of tossing away prospects and picks like they grow on trees. I can't believe they gave up Duclair. I guess that means Miller is staying. There's talk they want to bring in the talented Russian Buchnevich to Hartford. Russians are always a risk. I already wrote one post on the deal. 

Sather Risks Future For Stanley Cup

These were my thoughts as soon as I saw the deal details. But I thought, ehhh, I'm a Devils fan so maybe I'm looking at it too negatively.

But glad I see your post here so I don't think I'm too crazy. Duclair's gonna be a stud. If they don't make the Finals again this year, it spells some potentially rough years ahead for the franchise as Lundqvist begins to decline. No first round pick between 2012-2017 will have similar ramifications to what we're seeing the Devils going through right now.

Good trade for the short term, bad trade for the long term.  This is exactly what teams who think they are a piece or 2 away from a Cup away will do.  I thought they were coming out of the East before this trade (provided the Queen returns for the playoffs), and I think this has only strengthened their team. 

Edited by Chuck the Duck

I miss when we did this often; rather than the constant pressure to consolidate threads and readership into irrelevancy. 

I honestly think the best method would be to appoint one person as the arbiter of what trades end up in the Deadline Thread and which get their own threads.  But that requires a lot of coordination - the person who's doing it also has to be a moderator.  You don't want threads of Brian Flynn to Montreal for a 5th, but you also don't want this stupid discussion about whether a trade of an All-Star D requires its own thread.

I honestly think the best method would be to appoint one person as the arbiter of what trades end up in the Deadline Thread and which get their own threads.  But that requires a lot of coordination - the person who's doing it also has to be a moderator.  You don't want threads of Brian Flynn to Montreal for a 5th, but you also don't want this stupid discussion about whether a trade of an All-Star D requires its own thread.

Yep; and that used to happen...   someone would just consolidate the thread to the general deadline thread; same thing with dupe posts, etc.   There wouldn't be bickering about proper forum etiquette...

We need....  we need....    the unseen hand!

I meant during his time in the NHL this year.

Well thats what i meant too but how can you judge and see this you don't like so early... well i mean, your expectations has to be reasonable.

But at the same time if you guys remember, i posted early in the season that Duclair had a really bad attitude and it was well known in the Q. Maybe it translated to the NHL or god knows.

Cause really how can you bring in a 19 years old straight in the NHL, have him play for a few months and give up on him cause you didnt like something? It simply doesnt add up

JUST NOW!!

Zids traded to detroit for a 3rd!

Edited by SterioDesign

As much as I would hate to admit this, the Rangers have really no competition in the Eastern Conference.  Granted, if the Islanders played the Rangers, the adrenaline could boost the Isles past the rangers.  I also think the only team that could beat the Rangers on "heart factor" would be the Habs.  But pound for pound, no team can compete with the Rangers other than Pittsburgh, but they suck.

As much as I would hate to admit this, the Rangers have really no competition in the Eastern Conference.  Granted, if the Islanders played the Rangers, the adrenaline could boost the Isles past the rangers.  I also think the only team that could beat the Rangers on "heart factor" would be the Habs.  But pound for pound, no team can compete with the Rangers other than Pittsburgh, but they suck.

I think the Isles and Tampa Bay disagree. Montreal too this year, maybe. Although I agree Pittsburgh can't get it done against the Rangers.