No Devils Awards This Year

DevsMan84

According to TG and Chere, Lou said the Devils are not doing team awards this year.  Sucks that they aren't but I am not shocked either.

That being said even with this crappy season almost at a close, I think it will still be fun to see people's opinions on who should win the awards if was held.  The categories are MVP, Player's player (hard to do when we aren't in the locker room) and Unsung Hero.  If anyone wants to add other categories by all means go for it, but below are mine:

MVP: Schneider

Player's Player: Gomez

Unsung Hero: Bernier

MVP - Schneider

biggest pleasant surprise - Kinkaid (Larsson/Bernier close 2nd)

most disappointing - 3 way sh!tshow - Brunner/Ryder/Zajac

most worthless pos - Sestito

biggest skill deterioration - Elias

biggest "screw you guys I'm going home"- Jagr at the end

Bull, there SHOULD be an MVP because Cory was the team.

This more than anything. The Devils Team Awards don't mean much, but it would have at least given management the chance to recognize Cory's contributions this year. MVP isn't even the right word; sometimes Cory looked like the ONLY player out there.

Biggest loser - Lou. 4 out of 5 seasons missing the playoffs.

Seems like Teflon Don to me, no matter what he does he seems to get more controll..

he fies coaches for losing streaks in season.. this is a multi season losing streak and he's still here.. WHY??

Yeeesh. They brought in a defenseman twice as bad to replace him.

That's seriously the kicker.

We weren't even allowed to enjoy Salvador's absence, because an even worse version of him was immediately signed and essentially gifted quality minutes.

Lou clearly over values "toughness"

Not sure if anyone agrees, but suspending the awards almost feels like a little petty...like Lou is punishing his players and kicking them when they're down (and I think a lot of them DID try), and being a dick just for the sake of being a dick.  I get that the team isn't very good, but I think Schneider deserved team MVP, just because...that guy had to deal with a lot this year, and still found a way to play well for much of the season.  And I think you could've made someone Player's Player and Unsung Hero...not everyone on the team is guilty by association.     

Not sure if anyone agrees, but suspending the awards almost feels like a little petty...like Lou is punishing his players and kicking them when they're down (and I think a lot of them DID try), and being a dick just for the sake of being a dick.  I get that the team isn't very good, but I think Schneider deserved team MVP, just because...that guy had to deal with a lot this year, and still found a way to play well for much of the season.  And I think you could've made someone Player's Player and Unsung Hero...not everyone on the team is guilty by association.

Absolutely Cory Schneider deserves recognition as the MVP. Gomez also needs recognition for hanging around, working hard and staying positive. Unsung hero, Bernier. Biggest Lousers, Devils Fans. Worst performance, LOU.

fan fest was cancelled due to rain.

If it had been sunny it would've been canceled due to risk of solar radiation poisoning.

Outside of Draft Day, fan fests have never been anything special.  Just a place to stand around, listen to a DJ or a no-name cover band and pay for arena food at arena prices, just outside.  I find myself having more fun in one of the bars/restaurants than I do in that plaza most times.

Not sure if anyone agrees, but suspending the awards almost feels like a little petty...like Lou is punishing his players and kicking them when they're down (and I think a lot of them DID try), and being a dick just for the sake of being a dick. I get that the team isn't very good, but I think Schneider deserved team MVP, just because...that guy had to deal with a lot this year, and still found a way to play well for much of the season. And I think you could've made someone Player's Player and Unsung Hero...not everyone on the team is guilty by association.

I disagree, this team had a LOT of mail it in efforts this season, both pre and post coaching change - the last two games among them where they were content with being clown props for the Rangers and I'm glad Lou finally showed some form of dissatisfaction with this team...of course it better go beyond symbolic gestures like this in the offseason. There's a reason this year's team was much worse than last year even with better goaltending/SO success that goes beyond talent.

Now the posters on the other hand THAT's a bit petty, those are for the fans. Not having the players and coaches on the poster giveaway it's like the team put as much effort into that as they did into a large number of games this year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

4798, but is it that the team was mailing it in or are they just that bad? I truly think it's the latter (which like I said, is pretty frightening). Without the goaltending they got this year, they could've finished in the bottom three. But I don't think I've ever felt for a player as much as I have for Cory. What a sh!tstorm he's in.

I disagree, this team had a LOT of mail it in efforts this season, both pre and post coaching change - the last two games among them where they were content with being clown props for the Rangers and I'm glad Lou finally showed some form of dissatisfaction with this team...of course it better go beyond symbolic gestures like this in the offseason. There's a reason this year's team was much worse than last year even with better goaltending/SO success that goes beyond talent.

Now the posters on the other hand THAT's a bit petty, those are for the fans. Not having the players and coaches on the poster giveaway it's like the team put as much effort into that as they did into a large number of games this year.

Lets be honest- who the fvck wants a poster of this team and these coaches? The organization did everyone a favor on that one.