Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

20 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Parise is heating up right in time for the playoffs. 13 SOG, 5G in his last two games.

Know what former NJ Devils I'm really interested in?  Jaromir Jagr, the 44-year old just scored his 25th of the season tonight against Tampa.  

BRING HIM BACK SHERO.  JUST DO IT.  

Are we a playoff team if we have Jagr's 25 goals?  The guy just does not show any signs of slowing down.  He's going to be the next Chris Chelios.  

On 3/26/2016 at 3:14 AM, RizzMB30 said:

It definitely needs to be looked at.  You CANNOT have a replay system and still get the calls wrong.  That is fvcked up beyond belief.  It was discussed elsewhere on the board, but it has been brought up that it can slow the game down and coaches often use it as a "timeout with benefits".  I remember reading a possible solution to it, but I can't remember what it was and who suggested it atm. 

Until they update the technology, they'll continue to get calls wrong even with all the replays. The Lundqvist save was hard to tell. I was at the game and thought initially the puck was halfway across. Plus it's in his glove. But the final replay basically confirmed it crossed. The Bergeron one on Luongo looked pretty clear. Even though I'll take it because it helped my goalie win, it was the wrong call. Officials also must be in the right spot to see. But if they wave it, they know they have replay. But the system is flawed due to technicality. 

12 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Also, with two points tonight, McDavid has 45 points in 41 GP. That puts him at 90 points over a full season. He is scoring at 1.10 P/GP which is 2nd place in the league (Kane). This kid is fire, and should no doubt get the Calder.

He won't get it. It's a two horse race between Panarin and Gostisbehere. As much as I love Panarin, he plays with Kane and Anisimov. Best line in hockey. Gostisbehere is awesome. He has a lethal shot and always gets it through. Is amazing at keeping pucks in. What might he project to? The Flyers really lucked out with Ghost. The Sabres have two 20-goal scorers. Eichel who has 23 and 50 points. And Sam Reinhart, who is up to 21. Those two could combine for 70 next year.

1 hour ago, Derek21 said:

He won't get it. It's a two horse race between Panarin and Gostisbehere. As much as I love Panarin, he plays with Kane and Anisimov. Best line in hockey. Gostisbehere is awesome. He has a lethal shot and always gets it through. Is amazing at keeping pucks in. What might he project to? The Flyers really lucked out with Ghost. The Sabres have two 20-goal scorers. Eichel who has 23 and 50 points. And Sam Reinhart, who is up to 21. Those two could combine for 70 next year.

Despite your assurance, I don't see any reason to believe that it's a "two-horse race." 

I think the Calder is between Larkin, Panarin, and Ghost.  Outside chance Eichel gets nominated, but I have to admit while he doesn't have a ton of help out in Buffalo I thought he would be doing a little better than what he has done.  Still is an amazing player though.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:54 AM, RizzMB30 said:

Know what former NJ Devils I'm really interested in?  Jaromir Jagr, the 44-year old just scored his 25th of the season tonight against Tampa.  

BRING HIM BACK SHERO.  JUST DO IT.  

Are we a playoff team if we have Jagr's 25 goals?  The guy just does not show any signs of slowing down.  He's going to be the next Chris Chelios.  

No more going back to the former Devils well.  I am done with this line of thinking.  He wasn't producing/caring much the last few months in NJ so who knows what he would have done here.  Happy Jagr was good for us, pouty Jagr wasn't.

On 3/27/2016 at 0:54 AM, RizzMB30 said:

Not sure. Because that'd have a dent in how our roster was set up with Stempniak and Palmieri at RW getting top-line minutes. At least one of them wouldn't have had the season they had, if Jagr is here; possibly both.

What a amazing diving play by Gostisbehere to set up Giroux for the winner in OT. The play was dead. He dives and then somehow passes it to open Giroux for winner. Ghost is my favorite rookie. I want him to win the Calder. 

• Like 1

Devoted a post to the ending in Philly with a nice GIF of Ghost's play. And the wild ending in Detroit. Red Wings nearly blow a 3-0 lead after an ENG against determined Buffalo. Wow. 

http://newyorkpuck.com/2016/03/28/video-of-day-gostisbehere-dive-sets-up-giroux-ot-winner-red-wings-hang-on/

Bonus: Who is your Calder pick? Why? Mine is Ghost. I believe he's had the most impact. 

i truly don't get it... guys like Hayes, Vesey and Schultz just decide to fvck over the team who drafted them and sign with another team. Leaving the team with nothing but no one really calls them out or anything.

But a guy like Drouin who's asking for a trade cause things are just not working out is getting dragged in the mud like crazy?

I don't know but at least if you get traded the team get something in return.

So, does Duncan Keith get suspended for his swing to the face of Coyle last night?  It's funny because I saw one angle that actually looked like it could have been an accident, the way he was flipping over from his back to his stomach and bringing his stick around through the air and to the ice, but there's just no way the stick contacts his face like that, just too coincidental.  Plus his reaction after, it seemed like he knew what he did and almost had no remorse for it either and didn't care that he was ejected.

This isn't as bad as the Brashear incident or even Chris Simon, but it's pretty close. A reckless and purposeful swing of the stick to the face/head like that probably deserves a 5-10 game suspension. 

On 3/30/2016 at 3:05 PM, NJDfan1711 said:

So, does Duncan Keith get suspended for his swing to the face of Coyle last night?  It's funny because I saw one angle that actually looked like it could have been an accident, the way he was flipping over from his back to his stomach and bringing his stick around through the air and to the ice, but there's just no way the stick contacts his face like that, just too coincidental.  Plus his reaction after, it seemed like he knew what he did and almost had no remorse for it either and didn't care that he was ejected.

This isn't as bad as the Brashear incident or even Chris Simon, but it's pretty close. A reckless and purposeful swing of the stick to the face/head like that probably deserves a 5-10 game suspension. 

He's been offered an in person hearing, so they can suspend him for six games or more (but he can also appeal it). I think he gets five games, ie rest of regular season.

On 3/30/2016 at 10:57 PM, SterioDesign said:

i truly don't get it... guys like Hayes, Vesey and Schultz just decide to fvck over the team who drafted them and sign with another team. Leaving the team with nothing but no one really calls them out or anything.

But a guy like Drouin who's asking for a trade cause things are just not working out is getting dragged in the mud like crazy?

I don't know but at least if you get traded the team get something in return.

On 3/30/2016 at 11:01 PM, Zubie#8 said:

I hate the NCAA loophole, it screws teams over and favors big market teams

Agreed 100% with both of you.

Parise has had 10 points (6G 4A) in his last 6 games to make it look like he's actually had a half decent season. The Wild better enjoy Parise being decent while it lasts, the contract is going to start looking like a long-term albatross very soon.

37 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Parise has had 10 points (6G 4A) in his last 6 games to make it look like he's actually had a half decent season. The Wild better enjoy Parise being decent while it lasts, the contract is going to start looking like a long-term albatross very soon.

The contract will be real bad when he has a Modano like drop-off around 35.  That's what I'm expecting at least; his last two to three years will be ugly.  That being said, I don't see any reason why he can't be successful past 35.  Contract will still suck at that time tho.  I actually love the fact the NHL started to limit the length on contracts.  It was desperately needed.

Suter? I'm not sure will have a similar drop-off.  They will just need to find a d-man to take his ice-time if they want him to last.  

52 minutes ago, sokar said:

wonder if he will be back in time for the playoffs

second concussion of the year, too

if standings stay put, of course the rangers would get a team going to their backup for the post season. Granted in this case, it might be a blessing for the Pens

Edited by jagknife