New Jersey Devils' Lineup/Roster Thread 2015-16

Triumph

Third jersey is inevitable, but I don't think we get a logo change anytime soon. If it even a fraction of the fanbase thought it was outdated, and people were tweeting the owners about it, I'd say "okay, maybe they think about changing it". But not even a fraction or minority of fans think that, it's not something you see any Devils fan say. The logo was abstract enough to have become surprisingly timeless over the years. Props to the designers for that. A ton of 80s sports logos have failed at that.

From that era of non-original 6, I think the Devils, Flyers, Whalers, and Blues truly nailed it. Most other teams didn't.

Green accents might be kind of cool.  Maybe just on part of the NJ crest. 

Actually thought the old Rockies logo was pretty sweet (Colorado flag cut into the shape of a mountain).  Doubt those uniforms would've survived much longer had that team remained in Denver though.  They have a very 70s feel to them. 

It wouldn't surprise me much if new unis have been already been discussed and proposed within the organization, with renderings and mockups presented (with an actual Devil as part of a crest), but were all shot down to date (I think if the franchise DOES ultimately decided on a major change, they'll be very cautious about what gets approved).  The argument against such a thing having happened behind the scenes is that nothing has ever been leaked...but these owners seem open to a lot of change and I don't think they fear exploring "What if we" scenarios, no matter how "No way!" such scenarios might seem to us. 

I'll just add that I hate it when words are spelled out on jerseys so I'd be against one that said Devils or New Jersey on them. I also think out current logo is perfect so if there is a new jersey in our future I hope it's just a minor tweak of the current logo (as many have already said). I'm not really a fan of the red and greens even though they are part of our history. Maybe just add some small green piping to the red and blacks somehow.

Black shoulders with small green piping (dark or forest green) and a red base. Same logo. Or opposite with Red shoulders with small green piping and a black base.

Edited by Jerzey

I think our current jerseys with the retro ones being the third jerseys are fine enough.  If they want to add the white retros I can be down with it too.  I don't want them to go the way of the Lowell Devils-like crest or anything with a picture of an actual Devil.

Just remember, there are plenty of fans who would love these things.  I see people post pictures of mock-ups of 3rd jerseys and almost all are black and many of them have either a picture of the Devil, an outline of the state, the word DEVILS spelled out or a combination of the three.  IMO not one mockup have I ever seen looks even remotely good, but there are many fans who seem to love them.  Remember, these are the same people who are buying and loving those Accelerator and Cross Check jerseys.

Bad news ahead of tomorrow's humongously important game, per TG:

Michael Cammalleri has been placed on IR due to an upper body injury.

John Moore may also not play tomorrow due to a lower body injury.

Jon Merrill remains out through at least the end of this week.

Tomorrow's looking promising. Great....

Edited by DJ Eco

Bad news ahead of tomorrow's humongously important game, per TG:

Michael Cammalleri has been placed on IR due to an upper body injury.

John Moore may also not play tomorrow due to a lower body injury.

Jon Merrill remains out through at least the end of this week.

Tomorrow's looking promising. Great....

Just tremendous.... [emoji849]

On 1/29/2016 at 10:00 AM, DevsMan84 said:

This is the Cardiff Devils btw.  They are a Welsh professional hockey team.

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/

Not gonna lie, I absolutely hate any notion of us using that logo as ours.

Take the skating devil in the D in Devils Den and I could live with that. Maybe with the D also in the logo. But idk, the Cardiff one rubs me the wrong way.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:19 PM, Martyisth3b3st said:

What the fvck? Again?

Cammalleri is really maddening that way...even though you KNOW he's going to miss his 15-20 games (just like the Geico commercials, it's what he does), it's still frustrating when it happens. 

Possibilities (some more possible than others):

Calgary

- Michael Frolik - RW - 27 years old - 5 year contract

Carolina

- Phil DiGiuseppe - LW/RW - 22 years old

- Victor Rask - C - 22 years old

- Elias Lindholm - C/LW - 21 years old (highly doubt this)

- Jeff Skinner - LW - 23 years old

Take from this list what you will. I think trading for any of these guys is a bigger move than going for Drouin and probably costs a pretty penny (Frolik the least).

Edited by DJ Eco

Haven't really been following Carolina much this season but looking now, it's unbelievable how balanced their scoring is. 7 players have 24 or more points. The current 3rd line of Skinner-Rask-Lindholm have 29/30/24 points respectively. And ditto on the top 2 lines. Justin Falk leads with 33 points. Everything has clicked for them offensively.

Edited by DJ Eco