Fl pansy Cats @ Devils 7PM EDT Hanukkah Night

msweet

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see. We're now 8-0-2 in games where we score first this season. Finally we have a team that doesn't blow leads. Despite those who under DeBoer claimed that our lead-blowing was normal, you can see how nice it is to hold leads.

On the other hand, we still can't score an empty-net goal. 

Great win.  Yea we got dominated in terms of possession, but they didn't have many high quality chances.  Panthers have a big team and are relentless on the forecheck.  Great job on the Devils of holding their ground and not breaking.

Shots: 36-18 Panthers

Corsi: 52-30 Panthers

Edited by Mike Brown

a good win, o beat these types of teams and the top lines continue to produce. that was an egregious stick hold on rico with the net empty. that should have been called. right in front of the linesman

BUT LIEK WE DUN EVEN HAS A SINGLE TOP SIX FORWARD ON DIS TEAM

ha that's sounds like mike fransessa if he ever did talk hockey

Schneider won this one.  I mean, the offense got some breaks, but they were really not good all game.  Luongo didn't play that hot either.  

They miss Travis Zajac for sure, I'm not sure what can be done about that.

if he is out an extended period of time, they have to pull a center from albany. maybe blandisi gets a look. the problem is that even if he has a scoring touch at the next level, he won't be the defensive force that zajac is.

outshot by nearly double and still wins handily? team has "15-16 stanley cup champions" written all over it

the team has "14-15 Calgary Flames" written all over it so far.

Schneider won this one.  I mean, the offense got some breaks, but they were really not good all game.  Luongo didn't play that hot either.  

They miss Travis Zajac for sure, I'm not sure what can be done about that.

As fun as this has been, there's some guys performing well above expectations, from a pure production standpoint.  Cammalleri is on pace for 91 points and 82 GP (as we know he usually misses about 15 games per season, and he's cracked 80 points twice, the last time in 2009).  Stepniak is on pace for 64 points (he's had some bursts in his career, but nothing like that sustained over a full 82 games), Henrique 70, Palmieri 61...

Maybe this is one of those seasons where the Devils get some serious puck luck throughout (God knows it's gone the other way quite a bit in recent seasons), but there's plenty that points to this team slowing up offensively. 

As fun as this has been, there's some guys performing well above expectations, from a pure production standpoint.  Cammalleri is on pace for 91 points and 82 GP (as we know he usually misses about 15 games per season, and he's cracked 80 points twice, the last time in 2009).  Stepniak is on pace for 64 points (he's had some bursts in his career, but nothing like that sustained over a full 82 games), Henrique 70, Palmieri 61...

Maybe this is one of those seasons where the Devils get some serious puck luck throughout (God knows it's gone the other way quite a bit in recent seasons), but there's plenty that points to this team slowing up offensively. 

Well yeah but the 3rd line isn't going to go without scoring all year.  Josefson was finally on for his 2nd 5 on 5 goal of the year last night.  I agree that the 1st line will slow down and this team will go through a rough patch as a result, but there's also been some parts of the team that haven't been hot at all that are kinda due to heat up just a bit.

Well yeah but the 3rd line isn't going to go without scoring all year.  Josefson was finally on for his 2nd 5 on 5 goal of the year last night.  I agree that the 1st line will slow down and this team will go through a rough patch as a result, but there's also been some parts of the team that haven't been hot at all that are kinda due to heat up just a bit.

Whatever more they get from the third line, it won't be much.  Hopefully they get some more goals from the defense too, though expecting much more than last season's 26 is probably not feasible (they're on pace for 24). 

They're averaging 2.48 GPG through 27 GP (minus shootout goals).  I'm not saying a huge dropoff is coming, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was more in the 2.30-2.35 range from here on out (if that high). 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976