The AV Chewing Gum Club vs General Hynes ResilientWeAre Crew Feb. 2 GDT

Derek21

I figured I'd make one of these for fun. With appropriate names for the two Hudson rivals. For sure, a big game between the two clubs. Four points separating 2nd from the 2nd wildcard that has the Devils and Pens tied with Pittburgh holding 2 games at hand. They're all in action as hockey resumes. A little preview of the big month that lies ahead with some cool storylines featuring Team RelentlessWeAre and the Coyotes.

I refer to John Hynes as the General Hynes because he reminds me of one. A no nonsense coach who gets it done. And the #ResilientWeAre is the Devils Twitter rallying cry. The Rangers is just AV chewing his gum aimlessly much like his line combinations and loyalty to the fourth line and Girardi/Staal. 

People are wondering why the NHL has no juice at all this season and is more under the radar than usual...it's this. I'm pumped for this game, but the fact that this is our 2nd meeting and the Rags 1st trip to the Rock all year IN FEBRUARY is a joke. We need more rivalry games, more blood n' guts. 

• Like 1

People are wondering why the NHL has no juice at all this season and is more under the radar than usual...it's this. I'm pumped for this game, but the fact that this is our 2nd meeting and the Rags 1st trip to the Rock all year IN FEBRUARY is a joke. We need more rivalry games, more blood n' guts. 

Absolutely right. Couldn't agree more '7'. They need to go back to the unbalanced schedule. I don't give a sh!t if we play Calgary twice. Give me more games against the division.

Will be there tonight (only my second game of the season).  Might go again this Saturday with my daughter.  Still trying to indoctrinate her. 

Should know by March 2 if the Devils really have a shot at a playoff berth.  Schedule is as about as friendly as it's going to get for a team like this one (14 games, 9 at home), and they're playing a lot of teams that are right around them in the standings (three against the Rangers, two against the Flyers, one each against the Isles and Hurricanes). 

LGD!

2 hours ago, '7' said:

This has been my biggest complaint all along. How can you have a schedule where you play Edmonton twice in a 5-day span and not one home-and-home with a classic rival? The Rangers and Devils do meet again at MSG in 5 or 6 days. They play 3 times this month and that's it. The Rangers also have yet to see the Pens. But will do so once in February and 3 times in March. And they already faced the Islanders twice at Barclays. And host them twice. No back-to-backs. 

It's a big game for sure tonight. More so for the Devils considering their situation. But there isn't as much juice. That is created by the schedule.

Just now, '7' said:

I would go back to the immediate post lockout arrangement of 8 games with division rivals. That really helped kick those Ranger/Dev Ranger/Isle Isles/Ranger Pens/Flyers rivalries back into high gear. It needs to happen.  

That felt like too much.  6 feels right. 

11 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I agree with this.  6 is the sweet spot.

I dont think you can have 6 with the new format?

For the Metro for instance- 7x6- 42 (division) 3x8=24 (conference)= 66. 1x14 (West)= 80

I actually like this and you can add the extra 2 games in the division.

The only teams that NJ draws well against the West is Chicago and maybe Minnesota because of Parise, so it'll definitely help ticket sales having 4 more Rangers, Islanders, Pens and Flyers home dates.

Edited by SMantzas

27 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I agree with this.  6 is the sweet spot.

It is amazing how a couple games either way makes such a huge difference.  Four feels like way too little, six feels just right, eight feels like way too much.