2016 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

It will be interesting to see what overrated prospect drech the rags overhyped and got the idiot Hurricanes to bite on. You know teams just bend over backwards to make sure the lordly Rags get their guys for zilch

DuClair is the real deal, plus the fact that they haven't had a first round pick for hat seems like forever means that teams are giving the Rags a fairly hard bargain.   

This time around, seems like the Rags didn't have to give up much.  Of course, Staal hasn't had a great year, he's truly a rental, and the Canes probably didn't have much else in the way of options.  

Good trade for the Rangers, although I still think it's not enough. And there's no way he can re-sign him.

Canes definitely lost this trade by retaining half of Staal's salary; like bowing down to your New York big market overlords just to make them happy. I'd be pissed if I were a Canes fan.

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

DuClair is the real deal, plus the fact that they haven't had a first round pick for hat seems like forever means that teams are giving the Rags a fairly hard bargain.   

This time around, seems like the Rags didn't have to give up much.  Of course, Staal hasn't had a great year, he's truly a rental, and the Canes probably didn't have much else in the way of options.  

Dreger's saying Eric Staal would only waive his NMC/NTC to go to the Rangers.... per usual... like always.... every time.

So yeah they fit a square peg into a round hole and Rangers come out winners.

Edited by DJ Eco

Wait, people dont think the Rangers gave up a lot?

2 seconds is a ton considering they dont have much in the way of draft picks the next few years. Also, Saarela is a good prospect. Look up his numbers in one of the best men's league in the world. Staal is a good player but he isnt the Eric Staal of 2006, or even 2010. I still dont see how they're getting by TB or WSH with that defense

Why this every time? What is so fvcking special about NYC/NYR? Is it the money they think they can get?

I think most of the whiny cocksuckers like St. Louis and Staal who demand to only play for the Rags just enjoy losing more in NY than they enjoy losing elsewhere. More to do to get your mind off of the disappointment of perpetual underachievement.

3 minutes ago, SMantzas said:

Wait, people dont think the Rangers gave up a lot?

2 seconds is a ton considering they dont have much in the way of draft picks the next few years. Also, Saarela is a good prospect. Look up his numbers in one of the best men's league in the world. Staal is a good player but he isnt the Eric Staal of 2006, or even 2010. I still dont see how they're getting by TB or WSH with that defense

1 minute ago, CommonDreads said:

Upon further examination, Saarela is a legitimate prospect, 31 points in 46 games in the Finnish league and 7 points in as many games in the World Juniors this season, still think Carolina should have held out for Buchnevich but Saarela actually is something legitimate.

Yeah, Rags fans on hfboards are pretty upset.

Feeling better now.

Yeah I guess I didn't know much about the prospect they gave up but all my Rangers friends are reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally pissed. Saarela seems to be pretty highly regarded. I take back my previous comments about this being a Rangers landslide win.

Edited by DJ Eco