Devils looking to add offense in the offseason

mfitz804

1 minute ago, ghdi said:

You'd have to add to get either of them. Kiss the #11+ goodbye to get Draisaitl or Hall w/ Severson as a part of the package. Potentially a package no one whose of a fan of this team should encourage be done at this point if its Hall. Unrealistic either of them get moved in the first place.

If we're dealing with Edmonton, expect it to be Yakupov or RNH.

I really dislike the idea of offering up Quenneville as a +. 

Exactly. I'm not interested in RNH or Yak at the expense of Severson + 11th + Quenneville, or something like that, but I might for Hall or Drai. 

I'd really rather just not trade with Edmonton. 

What about Severson for Nuke?

7 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Exactly. I'm not interested in RNH or Yak at the expense of Severson + 11th + Quenneville, or something like that, but I might for Hall or Drai. 

I'd really rather just not trade with Edmonton. 

What about Severson for Nuke?

I agree that we should not be giving up Severson +11 OA but RNH doesn't belong is the same sentence as Yak.  I would actually put him right there with Drai.    

I honestly wouldn't give up our 2nd for Yak at this point.  Not interested in that reclamation project at all.   

6 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I agree that we should not be giving up Severson +11 OA but RNH doesn't belong is the same sentence as Yak.  I would actually put him right there with Drai.    

I honestly wouldn't give up our 2nd for Yak at this point.  Not interested in that reclamation project at all.   

Yeah I absolutely didn't mean to imply that RNH and Yak have tombs same value. I should have just left Yak out of that sentence.

Dont want to trade Severson, Quenneville, Boucher or any of our young guys. Id rather stick with them for now and really see what we have. (especially with guys like quenneville, boucher, severson). 

Not saying they will all pan out but these are the guys (and guys like them) you need on your team producing in the salary cap era to compete. 

We arent getting Hall or Draisatl. These packages with Severson would get us Eberle or Yak, or RNH if we overpay even more grossly. The fact that RNH is a former no1 has grossly over rated his value versus his production imo. Do not want either, at least at the price the oilers think they are going to get for them imo.

Edited by Toasterleavins

2 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I would do disgusting things to have Hall on this team. If the package is 11+Severson, you take it and run. Fast.

11 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

...............................how disgusting.............???

Yes please do tell... 

I'm not looking for Severson to be moved, but there are definitely some offensive players out there (Hall and RNH being two) that I'd definitely include Severson in a deal for. We need offense badly, and to get a really good forward, we have to give up something good. Unfortunately, that probably means Severson. 

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

They've gotta make him the centerpiece of their organization, right?

With Stamkos leaving.. he's going to be their next generational talent.  

i figured Kutcherov would be that guy now, he wants 7.5 m per year too

3 hours ago, Triumph said:

Bjugstad is 6 foot 6 - you never buy low on a guy like that.

Agreed.  I'd like to see Shero inquire if he's available though.  

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The link doesn't really say who's involved except that LA is looking for a defenseman and mentions Larsson, Severson and Merrill as possibilities. 

Well if they are willing to trade Toffoli or Tanner Pearson for Merrill + i'd certainly listen

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Well if they are willing to trade Toffoli or Tanner Pearson for Merrill + i'd certainly listen

I would guess it would be Tofolli for Severson and something else, if it's Toffoli.  Guy put up 30 goals last year and is 24, so I doubt they want Merrill for him. 

Just now, Daniel said:

I would guess it would be Tofolli for Severson and something else, if it's Toffoli.  Guy put up 30 goals last year and is 24, so I doubt they want Merrill for him. 

i know but we live in a world where Erat brought Philip Forsberg... and Luke Schenn brought JVR... so who knows lol

I don't really want to give up on Severson yet, and I don't know much about Toffoli, but since a lot of people seem to be really high on him, I wouldn't mind doing that deal straight up, hoping that Helgeson or Santini can become 2nd or 3rd line NHL d-men either this season or the next.

I can't imagine they would do Toffoli for Severson unless they are really worried about what theyre going to have to pay TT at the end of his entry level deal.  .  Value wise, Severson for Pearson probably makes the most sense but I would rather just keep Severson.   

1 minute ago, SMantzas said:

Yeah, I do that in a heartbeat. I bet NJ would have to add a bit though

Only thing that makes me think that's all it would take is that a lot of teams seem down on RNH for whatever reason.  Reportedly, St. Louis rejected an offer of Shattenkirk (a guy that St. Louis is defnintely losing next year anyway) for RNH.  Apparently Columbus didn't want him either.