Devils hinting at new uniforms in solicitation email

'7'

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah it took a while for the authentic Edge jerseys to be available to the public... I don't get it though. It's an opportunity to make money- why would authentics not be available? I mean it's so stupid... You're basically refusing people's money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To clarify, the "authentics" sold currently in stores are not really the same jerseys the players wear on the ice.  They are made of slightly different materials (cheaper, thinner) and are made in Indonesia instead of Canada where the on-ice Edge 2.0's are made.  That's why the authentics currently sold in stores are known as Indo-Edges or Indo's for short.  They still carry the $250-350 retail price tag though.  To get the real on-ice Edge 2.0's you either have to purchase game-worn or game issued jerseys, get team overstock or purchase from the very small handful of suppliers like Jersey Baron on eBay.

Next year, it looks like the on-ice authentics might not be available for sale through those handful of retailers like Jersey Baron on eBay so the only route would be game worn/issued or team overstock.

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah it took a while for the authentic Edge jerseys to be available to the public... I don't get it though. It's an opportunity to make money- why would authentics not be available? I mean it's so stupid... You're basically refusing people's money.

I recall there were some issues that players were having regarding the Edge V.1 jerseys being too tight around the wrists and sweat pouring into players gloves, and players complained that when they fell on the ice they would slide a lot farther and faster because of the fabric...it was harder to recover. The NHL knew fans would wear these to their beer leagues and pond hockey and they didn't want the backlash until the players were satisfied.

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

To clarify, the "authentics" sold currently in stores are not really the same jerseys the players wear on the ice.  They are made of slightly different materials (cheaper, thinner) and are made in Indonesia instead of Canada where the on-ice Edge 2.0's are made.  That's why the authentics currently sold in stores are known as Indo-Edges or Indo's for short.  They still carry the $250-350 retail price tag though.  To get the real on-ice Edge 2.0's you either have to purchase game-worn or game issued jerseys, get team overstock or purchase from the very small handful of suppliers like Jersey Baron on eBay.

Next year, it looks like the on-ice authentics might not be available for sale through those handful of retailers like Jersey Baron on eBay so the only route would be game worn/issued or team overstock.

With the small handful of suppliers like JB, NHL.com, and others selling retail authentics with only very slight differences. 

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

I recall there were some issues that players were having regarding the Edge V.1 jerseys being too tight around the wrists and sweat pouring into players gloves, and players complained that when they fell on the ice they would slide a lot farther and faster because of the fabric...it was harder to recover. The NHL knew fans would wear these to their beer leagues and pond hockey and they didn't want the backlash until the players were satisfied.

May be just me, but that sounds like a wicked good time. 

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

That's correct and almost all teams switched to Edge 2.0's 2-3 months into the 07-08 season.  The fabric is a lot thinner and stretchier (the "Edge" material was a proprietary blend of fabrics one of which I heard was spandex) and was supposed to keep the water out.  It also like you said kept the water in (more and more players were opting to switched jerseys between periods as they would get soaked in them) and the cut was a bit too tight.  Also, equipment trainers complained as the material tore and pulled very easily so they were spending more time on repairing the jerseys than what they were used to (great for game worn collectors as they showed more wear).  While most teams switched during the 07-08 debut season, some teams continued to wear them for longer (I think I heard Edmonton wore them up until 2011-ish but since I am not a collector of them I will have to check that).

The current Reebok Premier line of replicas are actually more in line with the Edge 1.0's in terms of look, feel and cut than the current Edge 2.0's.  Not sure why Reebok never updated that in the almost 10 years in between

11 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

That's correct and almost all teams switched to Edge 2.0's 2-3 months into the 07-08 season.  The fabric is a lot thinner and stretchier (the "Edge" material was a proprietary blend of fabrics one of which I heard was spandex) and was supposed to keep the water out.  It also like you said kept the water in (more and more players were opting to switched jerseys between periods as they would get soaked in them) and the cut was a bit too tight.  Also, equipment trainers complained as the material tore and pulled very easily so they were spending more time on repairing the jerseys than what they were used to (great for game worn collectors as they showed more wear).  While most teams switched during the 07-08 debut season, some teams continued to wear them for longer (I think I heard Edmonton wore them up until 2011-ish but since I am not a collector of them I will have to check that).

The current Reebok Premier line of replicas are actually more in line with the Edge 1.0's in terms of look, feel and cut than the current Edge 2.0's.  Not sure why Reebok never updated that in the almost 10 years in between

Because the only people who buy them are people who don't know any better. And a LOT of them. 

Edited by mfitz804

I've bought a couple of authentic Edge 2.0's from Jersey Baron, dude has the hookup. I'll message him at the appropriate time to get the 411 on what the deal with the new authentics is.

We're do for a change.  When was the last? '88? I liked the mock jersey by Backhanded Devil (Twitter). Leaving logo alone, looked a lil more like Hawks/ I like our shade of red. Different than B.C. Red wings, 

I don't mind and will buy a new jersey regardless. 

Maybe its time folks! We're kinda starting from close to scratch anyway.  

4 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

We're do for a change.  When was the last? '88? I liked the mock jersey by Backhanded Devil (Twitter). Leaving logo alone, looked a lil more like Hawks/ I like our shade of red. Different than B.C. Red wings, 

I have no faith that they won't completely F up the redesign, especially if they leave it to Adiddas.  Our look is clean and simple.  There's nothing wrong with it and can only get worse IMO.  I hope I'm wrong and they come up with something great, but I truly doubt it.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:32 AM, vadvlfan said:

We've missed the playoffs 6 times over the last 7 seasons. If a redesign brings back sustained success.... then they can come out with rainbows for all I care.

On 3/25/2017 at 9:32 AM, vadvlfan said:

Last major change was in 92-93 when they replaced the green with the black and changed the striping and shoulder yokes a bit.

4 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Listening to people bitch and moan about uniforms with the product on the ice is like complaining about a hang nail when you just got your arm severed.

We have MUCH BIGGER PROBLEMS than uniforms kids.

I know.  How dare we talk about something else related to the Devils that is not 100% dedicated to the on-ice product.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Listening to people bitch and moan about uniforms with the product on the ice is like complaining about a hang nail when you just got your arm severed.

because the on ice product is really affected by what people speak about on here

2 hours ago, mikepeluso8 said:

FIRE OPEN DISCUSSION 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Apparently a message board about a team is only to contain discussions in regards to on ice personnel only, not the entire franchise being open for discussion... who knew?

Talking about off ice things makes the Devils less depressing.

1 hour ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

Talking about off ice things makes the Devils less depressing.

Seriously. And having a great jersey is one of the only thing the franchise has going for it atm. Other than the HoF'ers, the jerseys/color scheme was one of the first things that drew me towards the Devils when I first got into hockey.

5 hours ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Seriously. While we're at it let's ruminate over the new laces on the skates.

Edited by Beezer34

While we're on the topic of off ice matters, I had a bad dream the other night that Lou left Toronto and demanded he become GM of the Devils again, which ownership acquiesced to.. After his press conference his first decisions were to revert back to low numbers on jerseys, send all the young players to the minors, and then he announced the signing of nearly every ex-Devil still in the league and recently retired as his starters. I saw Peter Harrold, Mike Mottau, Bryce Salvador, and Marek Zidlicky in their present state on defense followed by Dainus Zubrus, Brian Gionta, Stephen Gionta, and Brian Rolston on offense (and Rolston was given a huge contract). Then, thankfully... I woke up.

Edited by slasher72

I think this is a nice break from the rest of the topics that are being discussed and beaten to death.

I really don't know how many permutations of 1) Devils suck 2) Expansion Draft 3) Entry Draft 4) Shattenkirk 5) Cory vs Kinkaid you can have in here to where it is still fresh.

• Like 2