GDT: 6/23 and 6/24- NHL Draft

Derlique

So are we all holding our breath for Hague/Timmins today?   I've seen Hague quite a bit from watching McLeod's games with Mississauga but past that, I'm just going off of the ratings in the Hockey News.  

There are a couple of other defenseman rated in the 40's by both ISS and the Hockey News: Marcus Phillips (Owen Sound) and Dylan Samberg (Minnesota Duluth commit) 

Just now, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Devils select Center Jesper Boqvist from Brynas in Sweden. 

Interesting that they had a Boqvist jersey ready for him. I know they make up a few name plates, but it shows the had some definite interest in him. I'd love to see the other name plates that had ready just in case. 

I am liking this write up, sounds like some more time and he might have gone higher in the draft.

http://thehockeywriters.com/jesper-boqvist-2017-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Quotables

“The left-shot forward has great speed with offensive skill. Boqvist (6-0, 179) is a very good skater with good first-step quickness and balance. He’s a skilled puck carrier, and effective in traffic.” – Mike G. Morreale, NHL.com

1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

Anyone hearing rumbling of Hamonic to Flames?

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

BREAKING TRADE:

Calgary Acquires D Travis Hamonic from the Islanders. Details still being worked out, more info soon