GDT - Devils vs Flyers 1/13/18

NJDfan1711

I know it's a day early, but f*ck it, it seems we're all jonesing for some Devils hockey, and I tend to forget to check here on Saturdays just being busy with normal weekend chores, so here it goes.  

How will this team respond after a week long break?  Logic suggests they should be well rested, and hopefully have had some time to study up on the Flyers, who, amazingly, we haven't faced yet this season.   A win is pretty important here if you ask me - on the one hand we're only 6 points ahead of them, so a loss puts them just 4 behind us, while a win would give us space and make it 8 (and yes, I know we have a game in hand).  There's enough teams jockeying for position with us at the top of the Conference, we don't need to make it harder by adding these idiots into the equation too.

I've said it before but I'll say it again - we have a full and healthy roster, which I think bodes really well for us.  This team is talented.  We need to put together a nice winning streak here and really show that we're capable of playing above-average hockey for a significant and consistent basis.  

• Like 4

I am very much ready for some hockey. Quite a contrast from last season, where I would have appreciated the break from the nightly torture that was Devils hockey. 

I hope we run straight over them and never look back. And oh yeah, let's have round two between Wood and Simmonds too. 

LGD

• Like 6

Bye-bye, bye week. 7 games in 13 days before, wait for it...4 days off for the all-star break.

And this bye week hardly did much damage in the standings.  Devils hockey withdrawals are coming to an end.   This team should be ready to bank some wins and points.  I just get the feeling this group is really holding itself to standards internally that are high.  And they expect to play accordingly.  I think some of the mistakes get cleaned up and really think that the 2nd line is going to produce this 2nd half, and that's going to be a huge difference maker.

Can not wait for this game, drop the puck already.   

Edited by Jersey Sure
  • Like 5

LGD!!!  :evil:  I am so ready for Hockey - let's hope the guys are refreshed & ready to kick some Philthy *ss! 

Posting this TG article on the draft - nothing really new in the article but it goes through Ray's decision to select Nico (it was written today since it's the first Nico v Nolan match): https://www.nhl.com/news/devils-happy-with-no-1-pick-nico-hischier/c-294875508?tid=277548856

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

"

Some began hounding him, asking, "Who are you going to take?"

Shero eventually gave in to one reporter and said, "OK, I'll write it down on a piece of paper."

He took out a pen and wrote, "Vontae Mack no matter what," folded the paper, and handed it over."

That's gold

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"

Some began hounding him, asking, "Who are you going to take?"

Shero eventually gave in to one reporter and said, "OK, I'll write it down on a piece of paper."

He took out a pen and wrote, "Vontae Mack no matter what," folded the paper, and handed it over."

That's gold

Yeah that's great stuff from Shero. I'm just surprised he went Vontae Mack over Bo Callahan. [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Sounds like the kids are anxious to get going too - from Mike Morreale: 

image.thumb.png.4a1b78f75f244bf339c393efc3f79c6f.png

definitely a good sign for the culture and what you want to want to hear, them wanting to practice more and having to be reigned in. . . they love to hockey

• Like 4

Excited for tomorrow. I'll be at the Temple basketball game at 2:00, a party for the Eagles game immediately after (yes, as much as I hate the NFL, I'm jumping on the bandwagon), and then I'll be heading somewhere very public in red and black to troll Flyers fans. 

I agree with the sentiment that I definitely have enjoyed these breaks these past handful of seasons, but I'm itching for some hockey right now. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jersey Sure said:

Bye-bye, bye week. 7 games in 13 days before, wait for it...4 days off for the all-star break.

And this bye week hardly did much damage in the standings.  Devils hockey withdrawals are coming to an end.   This team should be ready to bank some wins and points.  I just get the feeling this group is really holding itself to standards internally that are high.  And they expect to play accordingly.  I think some of the mistakes get cleaned up and really think that the 2nd line is going to produce this 2nd half, and that's going to be a huge difference maker.

Can not wait for this game, drop the puck already.   

Seven points behind the Caps with four games in hand, and just one point behind the Blue Jackets with five games in hand.  No complaints...sure, would be great if the Devils can re-take the Metro down the line, but it's not imperative that they do...and right now the Caps are just a better team.

Agree, been jonesin HARD, this week has felt like a friggin' MONTH.  Won't get to see this one tonight, but excited nonetheless.  LET'S GO DEVILS!

14 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I totally forgot we're playing Nolan. Is he healthy and in the lineup?  Watch him score against us.  <_<

He's playing...pretty much nothing in the way of glamour numbers lately, and from things I've read about him, it sounds like he really wasn't quite ready to be anywhere near the player the Flyers (and others) think that he'll be in time...they gave him second-line duty earlier on this season, and it was too much to ask of him.  Maybe he'll be like Parise was in his first season, when it started to come together for him late.  Not that you EVER judge anything by the first year, but man am I glad that Nico's looked much more at home in the NHL right away than Nolan...not because I care that much about what Nolan's done, but more because I think the last thing we needed is feeling like we somehow lost again.  It just feels like in what's been a series of right choices, Shero made another when he took Nico.

• Like 2