Devils to play games in Europe next season

Daniel

1 hour ago, EdgeControl said:

this makes so much more sense that the NFL in london or germany.. hockey is in their DNA,, do you swedes have a real NHL rink or just  those oversized football fields with ice LOL  and no advertising on the jerseys please 

It's still an NHL game and the NHL does not allow that amateurish garbage yet. There will be no ads on jersey

Edited by '7'

32 minutes ago, Derlique said:

Wait, why don't they just play a home-home? Why is there just one game there? Seems like kind of a waste

That would make much more sense. Each team "loses" a home game in their arena, and they don't make that trip to play one game. I like it. 

Both teams will be playing two games, but the Devils and Oilers will play in Switzerland and Germany respectively in the preseason. I wonder what exhibition means in this instance. Will they play one of the top teams from those countries' respective leagues? That will be pretty cool, has that been done before?

1 hour ago, Steven M. said:

Both teams will be playing two games, but the Devils and Oilers will play in Switzerland and Germany respectively in the preseason. I wonder what exhibition means in this instance. Will they play one of the top teams from those countries' respective leagues? That will be pretty cool, has that been done before?

Back in 2008 and 2009 there was a small thing called the Victoria Cup, in 2008 the Rangers played Metallurg Magnitogorsk from the KHL and in 2009 the Blackhawks played Zurich from the Swiss league, I don't think the NHL has done this since then though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's cool that the Devils are finally getting some recognition by the league, but it sucks that we have to lose a home game vs. the Oilers.  They only come in once a year, and I really enjoy watching McDavid play in person. 

I am willing to bet that the Devils put this game down as the lowest tier for STH tiered pricing so they have to refund us the least amount of money for this game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I am willing to bet that the Devils put this game down as the lowest tier for STH tiered pricing so they have to refund us the least amount of money for this game.

Well it’s against the Oilers...

Edited by mfitz804

Swedish Devils fans , any recommendations on areas of Gothenburg to stay?

Also have any of you taken a child to an event at the scandinavium before? 

Typical the first year the Devil's would play in Europe would be when I will have an 18 month old!!!!!

2 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

It's cool that the Devils are finally getting some recognition by the league, but it sucks that we have to lose a home game vs. the Oilers.  They only come in once a year, and I really enjoy watching McDavid play in person. 

A small refund is better than nothing, like this pre-season when they just ignored the fact that we only had 2 home pre-season games instead of 3 and didn't give us a credit or anything. 

7 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Which is hilarious cause if it was the actual home opener it would at least be mid-tier pricing (probably no higher cause it's the Oilers).

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:24 PM, Satans Hockey said:

A small refund is better than nothing, like this pre-season when they just ignored the fact that we only had 2 home pre-season games instead of 3 and didn't give us a credit or anything. 

You know, I totally forgot about that.   Why would they play with fire on things like that?  You know someone with too much time on their hands is going to bring a consumer fraud suit against them because they didn't get a refund for that game, or because they keep f'ing around with the credits from the sell-back games.

Edited by Chuck the Duck

7 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

You know, I totally forgot about that.   Why would they play with fire on things like that?  You know someone with too much time on their hands is going to bring a consumer fraud suit against them because they didn't get a refund for that game, or because they keep f'ing around with the credits from the sell-back games.

To me its more the principle of the whole thing, even if it's only a preseason game why try to pull a fast one on the people spending the most money up front on the team, just give us the damn credit back.

I actually got a list of prices for buybacks before the season and I've kept track of the price for the buybacks in an excel sheet for this year because sadly you can't trust the team to do the right thing when it comes to them. 

Which is hilarious cause if it was the actual home opener it would at least be mid-tier pricing (probably no higher cause it's the Oilers).

I think it would be the highest tier if the game was here- home opener, plus McDavid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Anyone manage to get tickets? Only ones left are £200 a ticket. I can't afford that these days with a kid. 

Gutted. 

Yes i bought tickets for 100 each. It was a bad system, had trouble to get the tickets at first.

9 minutes ago, hrasvalg said:

Yes i bought tickets for 100 each. It was a bad system, had trouble to get the tickets at first.

The website it terrible. It would be better if it just told you what was available. 

I will persist. But not looking good. Congrats on the tickets. 

Got my ticket for the Gothenburg game today!

Can't figure out the damn website for the Swiss game though... it says "currently not available"... is it not on sale yet? Sold out? What's the deal?

https://www.ticketcorner.ch/new-jersey-devils-sc-bern-bern-tickets.html?affiliate=TCS&doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&key=2145090%2410620681&jumpIn=yTix&kuid=403061&from=erdetaila

1 hour ago, Kulags said:

Got my ticket for the Gothenburg game today!

Can't figure out the damn website for the Swiss game though... it says "currently not available"... is it not on sale yet? Sold out? What's the deal?

https://www.ticketcorner.ch/new-jersey-devils-sc-bern-bern-tickets.html?affiliate=TCS&doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&key=2145090%2410620681&jumpIn=yTix&kuid=403061&from=erdetaila

Sold out. 

Sold out before the Oilers game, but it's a smaller arena so not surprised. 

• 5 months later...