2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

14 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

GTFO.  He'll go right back to the same player he's always been as soon as he has a new contract and starts next season.   These writers have too much time on their hands with two off days between each game.   

DSP has never put this much effort into playing when he was with us.  And other teams. I would never sign him

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

The first 10 minutes will be critical.  I expect they'll make a huge push at the beginning just like last game.   If it's still 0-0 or if Washington manages to pop a goal like they did on Monday right after the James Neal miss, it's probably goodnight.   

I still don't know how Vegas wasn't up at least 2-0 in Game 4 heading into that 1st period penalty kill where Oshie eventually scored.    

Agreed.  If the Caps strike first, I think Vegas will fold like a cheap tent.  Not intentionally, but their willpower will be all but gone.

1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

DSP has never put this much effort into playing when he was with us.  And other teams. I would never sign him

Also agreed.  He was pretty flat when he played for us.  No spark, and very much the "ups and downs" he himself mentioned in that article.  I would not be surprised at all if he went back to 5G 15A next season, new contract or not.

This handful of goals in the Final hasn't fooled me, when I watch him play I still see the same player we had last year, Smith-Pelly is a fringe 4th liner and anyone would be a fool to pay him more than that. I'll take my heavy dose of Noesen and Coleman in the bottom 6 over DSP, thank you very much.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 11.01.12 AM.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

This handful of goals in the Final hasn't fooled me, when I watch him play I still see the same player we had last year, Smith-Pelly is a fringe 4th liner and anyone would be a fool to pay him more than that. I'll take my heavy dose of Noesen and Coleman in the bottom 6 over DSP, thank you very much.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 11.01.12 AM.png

I don't know what half of those things are, but Noesen's bars are longer and I assume that's good. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Generally good yes, in this case very good :P

As the chart suggests, I don't think those two even compare. Noesen is a prototypical 3rd/4th liner in today's NHL. Coleman too. I hope we keep both for a long time. 

2 hours ago, Crisis said:

Except for the first game.  Didn't he score twice or something?

I feel like he had something stupid like 7 goals in his first 10 games here.

And then promptly disappeared for the rest of the year.

6 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Agreed.  If the Caps strike first, I think Vegas will fold like a cheap tent.  Not intentionally, but their willpower will be all but gone.

Also agreed.  He was pretty flat when he played for us.  No spark, and very much the "ups and downs" he himself mentioned in that article.  I would not be surprised at all if he went back to 5G 15A next season, new contract or not.

not here, but I seen people talk (Twitter) as if there will be a line out the door to sign DSP?..........................................nah

1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

not here, but I seen people talk (Twitter) as if there will be a line out the door to sign DSP?..........................................nah

What are these people thinking?  We all know he is not worth what he may be asking for  (for all the above reasons that have been posted here)!  After a 16-point regular season, not matter what he has done in the Finals, WSH would do well to cut ties with him and then easily replace him.

Edited by aclc79
  • Like 1