2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

4 hours ago, bobilly45 said:

I'd rather keep kk and trade a healthy cory...  kk has far more upside

...let's dial that back just a little bit.

We've seen exactly 1/2 of a good season by KK.  I love the guy, don't get me wrong, but there's very little indication to me that he has "far more upside" than what prime Cory is/was.

• Like 4

You know, this whole day I've been feeling like Tavares was leaving. But now that the clock struck midnight and he hasn't said a word that's a little suspicious to me. I mean, why let the clock expire without telling Isles fans anything and making an announcement out of respect for them? Why the deafening silence, who in the process could be keeping a lid on...

image.png.cf7edef656b1d4182de1a30165681d10.png

*SHUDDER*

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I still think he's leaving but we'll see soon enough. 

In all seriousness, what might have happened is Lou just didn't feel like telling anyone JT isn't coming back. 

On our side, I just hope he doesn't go to Toronto or TB, it'd be hell to have to deal with a stacked team in the East like that for the next xxx years. 

On the Isles side, the fans have already all turned on JT for how he's handled the situation. Lou can now really play hero if he can trade for Panarin. 

3 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

In all seriousness, what might have happened is Lou just didn't feel like telling anyone JT isn't coming back. 

On our side, I just hope he doesn't go to Toronto or TB, it'd be hell to have to deal with a stacked team in the East like that for the next xxx years. 

On the Isles side, the fans have already all turned on JT for how he's handled the situation. Lou can now really play hero if he can trade for Panarin. 

yeah but even if they land panarin... losing Tavares still hurt cause then they could have had both of those guys minus whoever they'd trade for panarin. And they still dont have a goalie

i read a rumour from a french media saying we were looking into Pacioretty and that Mojo could be part of the deal. Obviously not sure if its legit or not but it's the offseason. Fun to debate about the what ifs

d810c5330ec74a5c7e3f9e36d2c28a97.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i mean Pacioretty has been one of the best scorer in the NHL over the last few seasons. Still he'd get sh!t on by fans constantly. wherever he goes he'll be so godamn motivated to leave that circus. Also well i like Mojo but im certainly concerned with his health

i mean Pacioretty has been one of the best scorer in the NHL over the last few seasons. Still he'd get sh!t on by fans constantly. wherever he goes he'll be so godamn motivated to leave that circus. Also well i like Mojo but im certainly concerned with his health

I’d have to imagine other pieces would be involved on our end... and Pacioretty needs a new contract. I would hope an extension would be agreed upon in advance of any deal involving consequential assets.

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I’d have to imagine other pieces would be involved on our end... and Pacioretty needs a new contract. I would hope an extension would be agreed upon in advance of any deal involving consequential assets.

i heard he wants a lot though. He's been underpaid for so long not even making 5m a year and staying in a 30-40 goals range every season. He wants to get paid and i understand. He's 29 though.. but his best asset is his shot and if you have that you can perform for longer usually

• Like 1

I think I would have to consider that. I like Johansson, but God knows if I’ll ever be able to play to his former potential. I guess it would depend what the rest of the deal entailed.

Because the trade is definitely not one for one.

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Not that i fully think that the rumours is true. somehow landing a guy like Skinner or  Pacioretty is interesting... i still feel we need to bulk our D first

Generally speaking yes, unless you’re talking about forwards of that caliber, in which case you have to take them when you can. Our offense is neither that prolific or that deep that we can pass on guys like that.

1 minute ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Any other Instagram users seeing an influx of spam Devil's accounts trying to follow you?

Big time.  

Every time I like something Devils related I get at least a couple follower requests.

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Generally speaking yes, unless you’re talking about forwards of that caliber, in which case you have to take them when you can. Our offense is neither that prolific or that deep that we can pass on guys like that.

Yeah, but my guess is that to get the ones that are available it would pretty much be a zero sum proposition.

12 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Any other Instagram users seeing an influx of spam Devil's accounts trying to follow you?

Yep. And I have to add... Some of the people in those comment threads are the dumbest people on earth. 

Apparently Appleby signing in Manitoba is a huge loss and Ray is tanking the season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yep. And I have to add... Some of the people in those comment threads are the dumbest people on earth. 

Apparently Appleby signing in Manitoba is a huge loss and Ray is tanking the season. 

The curse of being a relevant team again.

With success comes the bandwagon fans.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

I liked this, and particularly the part that highlighted the sh!t that went down following the Buffalo game. What a bunch of sh!t.
I liked the change in tone. From the beginning where analysts are saying we'll miss playoffs to trading Rico. Good recap of the teams year.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk