What’s your max offer for Tavares

Daniel

1 hour ago, mikemarc1 said:

Per Daily News, Devils aren’t one of the 5 teams. (Not sure how accurate this report is or if it’s just speculation)

Sharks, Leafs, Knights, Lightning and Stars are the 5,

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/islanders/ny-sports-20180623-story.html

I can’t see how the Lightning are included.  Very little cap space and Kucherov will be getting boku bucks soon.

I can’t see how the Lightning are included.  Very little cap space and Kucherov will be getting boku bucks soon.

Kucherov signed an extension already. EDIT: no he didn’t. He signed a three year extension in 2016, so you’re right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

for all we know maybe the simple fact that we're in his division took us out. 

Like you know... you always feel bad to dump a girl for someone else.... but you always feel a little worst if it's like... her sister or something

You must be the guy who use the most analogy about girls (and most of the time dumping or dating) and hockey. I see a pattern there.. 

Are you ok? : ) 

Yikes, are you two dweebuses really bantering back and forth in Taylor Swift code?  Why don't you both just cozy up somewhere and make each other mixed Taylor Swift tapes while you're at it?  Mixed tapes were all the rage back in 1989. 

Dammit, now I just did it too.  Look what you made me do!  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

As far as JT goes (and Carlson for that matter)...I can't get too bummed about "losing" players that were never really ours to begin with.  Not much Shero can do if JT simply doesn't have much interest in becoming a NJ Devil...or if the Caps suddenly find a way to clear out enough cap space to keep Carlson.  And it's not like every offseason is going to be full of big splashes.  Still kids in the system coming up too. Also sounded like Shero was kinda hinting at not really dipping into the high-priced UFA free agent pool anyway...quite possibly because he suspected that he knew his chances at bringing in JT and/or Carlson weren't great to begin with.

Shero had done a great job at making "from out of nowhere deals" though.  I get the feeling a mid-tier signing or two (or trade) is coming after July 1.  Probably guys we've barely discussed.

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As far as JT goes (and Carlson for that matter)...I can't get too bummed about "losing" players that were never really ours to begin with.  Not much Shero can do if JT simply doesn't have much interest in becoming a NJ Devil...or if the Caps suddenly find a way to clear out enough cap space to keep Carlson.  And it's not like every offseason is going to be full of big splashes.  Still kids in the system coming up too. Also sounded like Shero was kinda hinting at not really dipping into the high-priced UFA free agent pool anyway...quite possibly because he suspected that he knew his chances at bringing in JT and/or Carlson weren't great to begin with.

Shero had done a great job at making "from out of nowhere deals" though.  I get the feeling a mid-tier signing or two (or trade) is coming after July 1.  Probably guys we've barely discussed.

You’re probably right. Although I would’ve liked to see an impact player being signed, it’s looking grim. Although now Carlson’s agent is saying they are taking calls. 

Bottom line, we won’t know until ink is on paper. 

FWIW this was just posted within the past half hour: 

David Pagnotta‏ @TheFourthPeriod

To reiterate on Tavares: Vegas and San Jose are 2 of the 5 teams he will speak with starting tomorrow. The other 3 teams have been speculated but not yet confirmed (so I won’t bother until I know for certain). Isles are still in mix and have pitched an 8yr, $88M deal

Edited by LittleBallofHate

11 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

FWIW this was just posted within the past half hour: 

David Pagnotta‏ @TheFourthPeriod

To reiterate on Tavares: Vegas and San Jose are 2 of the 5 teams he will speak with starting tomorrow. The other 3 teams have been speculated but not yet confirmed (so I won’t bother until I know for certain). Isles are still in mix and have pitched an 8yr, $88M deal

Isn't it pretty safe to say 1 is Toronto? They have been rumored almost since day 1 of knowing there was a list of 5 teams he was going to meet with.

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Why would he limit himself to 5 teams? And Vegas? Theyre still building a prospect pool. Hopefully  Ray is working on Carlson.

Vegas might have won the cup if you added him to their current roster...

Just now, Nicomo said:

Still don’t get why he’d want to go to the Stars. 

I don't really get it either. A team who just missed the playoffs, he wouldn't play with Seguin or Benn much other than on the PP i guess. He'd play on a line with Radulov and Elie? 

You'd think he'd want to go where he'd be the #1 centre for sure for at least a few years. 

if Tampa find a way to sign Tavares it would be the ultimate "fvck it we're going for it" and fvck the consequences... they have to sign JT Miller and Paquette this year... both will get a raise. Then next season Kucherov is due for a biiiig raison, gourde, point are due for a good raise too, Mcdonagh and stralman may get a raise too.... then they need to make sure they keep money for Sergachev for the next season... but i guess back then they can just use Callahan's money for that.

Anyway.. hopefully they can't make it work cause fvck.

32 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

if Tampa find a way to sign Tavares it would be the ultimate "fvck it we're going for it" and fvck the consequences... they have to sign JT Miller and Paquette this year... both will get a raise. Then next season Kucherov is due for a biiiig raison, gourde, point are due for a good raise too, Mcdonagh and stralman may get a raise too.... then they need to make sure they keep money for Sergachev for the next season... but i guess back then they can just use Callahan's money for that.

Anyway.. hopefully they can't make it work cause fvck.

Tampa gets the least of my sh!ts. Boston is rumored to be on that list and I'll be looking for the nearest fvcking bridge if that happens. fvck the Bruins.

9 hours ago, Nicomo said:

fvck me, Tampa? Might as well start planning the parade down there if that happens. 

Nashville too.   Imagine this top 6 in front of that defense.    

Forsberg-Johanssen-Arvidson

Fiala-Tavares-Tolvanen 

My guess is they would move Turris?   

8 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Tampa gets the least of my sh!ts. Boston is rumored to be on that list and I'll be looking for the nearest fvcking bridge if that happens. fvck the Bruins.

it would be hilarious tho cause Habs fans has been saying they could get Tavares for months now. Eventhough it would make absolutely NO SENSE for him to go there. So the Bruins getting him would be a major blow to their non-sense