2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Marty was most certainly generational.

Oh for sure, but that wasn't predicted for him when he was drafted.  Hell, Trevor Kidd was the #1 goalie on a lot of draft boards that year.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh for sure, but that wasn't predicted for him when he was drafted.  Hell, Trevor Kidd was the #1 goalie on a lot of draft boards that year.

True. It brings to mind Lou’s old quote that if he knew how good Marty was going to be, he would’ve traded UP for him and not down lol. 

Edited by MadDog2020

On 12/14/2018 at 3:43 PM, Devilsfan118 said:

Grumble grumble.

I wouldn't quite agree with that assessment. Sure, he's not McDavid, but I think he's right in there with Matthews and Eichel, only thing Hughes doesn't have that those other two do is size as Hughes only stands at 5'10".

EDIT: For the record, I would put Hughes below Matthews and above Eichel. If you have a player sandwiched in between those guys, you have yourself an elite, star #1 center either way.

Edited by CommonDreads

Maybe Quenneville would consider a GM position? Seattle?  He will be paid 6 mil through next year.

Why would he want to take on a team with a mediocre D and a town famous for cheese whiz on a sandwich? 

17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

My guess is this Quenneville to Philly thing is a done deal, it somehow leaked, and since Hakstol hasn’t actually been fired yet, everyone has to deny everything until Hakstol officially gets the boot. 

Psh it’s totally cause he has a verbal deal to oust Hynes at season’s end and be the savior of Newark.

.... and then I woke up

22 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Hakstol was officially canned.

This is fvcked up. TSN literally had an article just this AM with a team spokesperson saying Hakstol was still the coach. They should have just been upfront about it and let him go as soon as it leaked instead of attempting hardcore damage control. They look like tools.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This is fvcked up. TSN literally had an article just this AM with a team spokesperson saying Hakstol was still the coach. They should have just been upfront about it and let him go as soon as it leaked instead of attempting hardcore damage control. They look like tools.

I'm going to completely speculate that there was some legal stuff in Hak's contract that had to be worked out before they could publicly announce his termination.