2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Kracken is SOOOOOO lame..... Seattle Pilots or fvck off.

It would be funny as hell if they brought this song back (with some lyrical tweaks of course...starting around the :19 sec mark (or about the same amount of time it takes teams to put one past Cory)):

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Especially when Arizona, Carolina, and Florida can't seem to gain any steam. Arizona to Houston, Carolina to Quebec, and Florida to...Salt Lake(lol).

I could see Florida or Carolina to Quebec at some point down the road, but it could be a while.... the Panthers are locked in to their lease for I think another four years, and I think the NHL will do everything possible to make sure the Canes stay in NC. I mean, they’ve been bending over backwards for Arizona for years now, so I have to think they’d do the same for a franchise with a Cup win to their name.  Arizona to Houston is a slam dunk though, that could be done by next season. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

As a teen of the 90's, I vote for the Seattle Grunge. 

;) 

Here are your

SEATTLE

BLACK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE SUUUUUNS...

And of course any opponent who gets penalized gets serenaded by Alice in Chains' "MAN IN THE BOX" over the PA System...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Just read that the cap is rumoured to go up to 83m next year... I mean godamnit WHY do they keep raising it?! there's still teams struggling to reach the floor. There's no reasons other than giving some leeway to the top teams to get better and better. And it's raising the players salary and we'll be heading into another lockout soon enough

If I'm a fan of a team that's near the ceiling I would love to have the extra room.  As a bottom feeder cap wise there's no need for it.  

I think the expansion to Seattle is very exciting for the league, Seattle is a great sports town and I think the NHL is going to do really well there, especially since there's quite a few WHL teams playing in Washington already with the Thunderbirds, Spokane Chiefs, Everett Silvertips, Tri-City Americans, and then the Winterhawks down in Portland. Vegas was the risky expansion move for the NHL, but I think Seattle is a shoe-in success, really excited for 2021.

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 1

Reaves hits Wilson again, this time in the second, he gets tossed for a “blindside” hit on the piece of sh!t.

i don’t agree with the refs st all, contact was the freaking chest and he is literally skating into Reaves. The hit is late absolutely, but if he didn’t admire his pass, he would have seen Reaves

6 hours ago, jagknife said:

Reaves hits Wilson again, this time in the second, he gets tossed for a “blindside” hit on the piece of sh!t.

i don’t agree with the refs st all, contact was the freaking chest and he is literally skating into Reaves. The hit is late absolutely, but if he didn’t admire his pass, he would have seen Reaves

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

• Like 1

So for what it's worth, Winnipeg beat the Islanders last night 3-1 after the Isles were up 1-0 in the 3rd, making that 4 wins in a row for the Jets.

The Lightning scored 5 goals against the Wings last night and beat them with their 3rd string goalie.

The Panthers shut out and beat up on a good Bruins team, 5-0.

Just wanted to point out how a few of the teams that we recently lost to have been playing lately beyond how we played them.  We know our team has issues, but I truly believe we're victims of some pretty bad luck and essentially just 'wrong place wrong time', as well.