2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

29 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yup.  Rico scores a goal in the first off a Vatanen turnover, scores another early in the third on a Palmieri penalty (the eventual GWG), and then an empty-netter for hattrick.  

This is ridiculous speculation.

Wait, what? Lovejoy is out?

Then it will DEFINITELY be a Palmieri penalty in the 3rd. Carry on. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Canes got Nino Niederreiter from Min for Victor Rask. I was kinda hoping Ray could get him here but it's even worse he is Hurrilame now.

You're seeing your fair share of "tweak/little shakeup deals" around the league.  Ray clearly prefers that any potential shakeups will happen from within, with players already here.  But I think that he sees that one or two of those kinds of trades probably aren't going to move the needle that much this season. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You're seeing your fair share of "tweak/little shakeup deals" around the league.  Ray clearly prefers that any potential shakeups will happen from within, with players already here.  But I think that he sees that one of two of those kinds of trades probably aren't going to move the needle that much this season. 

Probably not but I hate whenever the Rags/Canes/Flyers/Panthers get better.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

Serious question who are we willing to move that might bring back a player that will contribute at the nhl level?

At this point the guys I wouldn't mind moving are Johansson, Noesen, Boyle, Stafford, Zacha, Q, Lovejoy, Greene, Mueller, maybe Santini, KK, and Cory.  I'd hang onto the young guys like Seney, Rooney and Yak since we still don't know much about them yet.  Anyone else I'd prefer to hang onto, but among those that are likely to bring back someone who will make an impact on our team?   I'd have to say probably only Boyle - someone looking for a big body, who can play PP minutes, is a great team guy, and a veteran that other players can lookup to and learn from.  Mojo and Zacha are the only other two that might fetch something, but you could just as easily make an argument that they wouldn't, so I'm not even going to include them.  Pretty sad that we have one tradeable player worth a damn at the moment. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I have zero problems with Coleman being shopped as well.

Really?  I was not initially a huge fan of his, but last season, and especially this season, he's won me over.  He's everything I want a player to embody as a Devil.  He can't control his God-given talent, but he appears to have the right attitude, the right drive, and he isn't terribly expensive either.  

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Really?  I was not initially a huge fan of his, but last season, and especially this season, he's won me over.  He's everything I want a player to embody as a Devil.  He can't control his God-given talent, but he appears to have the right attitude, the right drive, and he isn't terribly expensive either.  

You just listed every reason why his return would be better than any of our players outside of Hall, Nico, Palms and Ty Smith.

Plus it is very doubtful he will repeat this year's performance.

1 minute ago, sundstrom said:

coleman is a glue guy who is worth much more to NJ than he will fetch in trade. it makes no sense to deal him.

You may think differently when he goes back to being a 10-15 goals a season guy.

I like Coleman a lot too, but how many times do we wish we would sell pieces when their stock is at their highest?

21 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I have zero problems with Coleman being shopped as well.

9 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

coleman is a glue guy who is worth much more to NJ than he will fetch in trade. it makes no sense to deal him.

I wouldn't want to move him for sundstrom's exact reason. 

But, as is the case with any player, what's the offer? Like the Million Dollar Man said:

0514572f13380152225d4ef24ce3a9d8665da-wm

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

And plenty of time to disappoint more.

I'm glad you were able to sense my sarcasm and realize I was not making a pro-Zacha post. I didn't want anyone to be confused. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I wouldn't want to move him for sundstrom's exact reason. 

But, as is the case with any player, what's the offer? Like the Million Dollar Man said:

0514572f13380152225d4ef24ce3a9d8665da-wm

I'm glad you were able to sense my sarcasm and realize I was not making a pro-Zacha post. I didn't want anyone to be confused. 

I am not talking about giving away Coleman for peanuts.

However, I do find it funny when we always talk on here wishing we would have traded x player back in y year because their value was at an all time high and now when faced with that decision at the moment, people want to stay pat.