GDT: Devil's @ Sens 7:30, MSG+

RunninWithTheDevil

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Pretty sure you can hear him yelling fvck too. I like it. 

Yeah I caught that too.  Multiply that X 100000 and that's what I was doing in my basement.  This team is really developing a frontrunning trend lately.  It's getting to be aggravating as hell to watch.

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I caught that too.  Multiply that X 100000 and that's what I was doing in my basement.  This team is really developing a frontrunning trend lately.  It's getting to be aggravating as hell to watch.

At least we know we can take leads. Just don't know why they can't keep them.

This was strange and incomprehensible. For Ottawa to stomp us after we cruised to a 2-0 lead. What the hell happened? After such a complete win over the Penguins. It's way way to early to talk about back to back game fatigue. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

I like it too but I'm also worried about it for some reason. I kinda feel for him. 

I wouldn't be too worried. It is still early. He is just mad they were embarrassed. He gives a sh!t. If he wasn't mad I would be more worried.

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Something's got to give here. They beat PIT last night but PIT didn't even show the F up. This is def a slump and I am right there with you.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

At least we know we can take leads. Just don't know why they can't keep them.

It's not even a question of keeping them...two goal leads aren't necessarily bulletproof, especially early on in games.  But to then just get curbstomped, and to seemingly be incapable of stopping it...that's just disturbing.  Especially since it just happened twice in three games.  I'm definitely NOT in "That's it, there goes this season" mode, but this is disconcerting, to say the least.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It's not even a question of keeping them...two goal leads aren't necessarily bulletproof, especially early on in games.  But to then just get curbstomped, and to seemingly be incapable of stopping it...that's just disturbing.  Especially since it just happened twice in three games.  I'm definitely NOT in "That's it, there goes this season" mode, but this is disconcerting, to say the least.

Oh yeah I'm with you. What I meant with ''keeping leads'' is basically to stay competitive and play the same way for the rest of the game. Something they did in PIT, but definitely not in Ottawa and TB. Pretty sure this is fixable, but they have to do it quick. If they get out of it quick, they'll be fine. Just need to figure things out.

1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

Oh yeah I'm with you. What I meant with ''keeping leads'' is basically to stay competitive and play the same way for the rest of the game. Something they did in PIT, but definitely not in Ottawa and TB. Pretty sure this is fixable, but they have to do it quick. If they get out of it quick, they'll be fine. Just need to figure things out.

If it doesn't happen quick, I think Hynes becomes the fall guy, and I think that's unfortunate.  Q being out there and having been successful for many years has definitely changed things. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If it doesn't happen quick, I think Hynes becomes the fall guy, and I think that's unfortunate.  Q being out there and having been successful for many years has definitely changed things. 

5 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

What bothers me is that both Bolts and Sens didn't really do anything special to get back in the game. It all starts with a quick goal that cuts our lead in half and then we fall apart. It looks like a psychological issue. Nico keeps saying it's the mindset. Think he's right.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Hynes sounded about ready to strangle someone. 

One thing he often is not is passive or tolerant.  I think games like this one infuriate him as much as us.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Fvck Canada, it’s not even a real country anyway. 

1- I'm looking at this statement...

2- Then I'm looking at the midterm voting results in the US and everyone completely losing their sh!t online

3- Then I'm laughing while chugging my maple syrup 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Thanks 1

D zone coverage was quite ugly tonight.  It wasn't splendid last night but the Penguins missed some of their chances, Kinkaid saved others, and the D were breaking them up - not tonight.

I don't like Miles Wood on RW and they shifted him back to LW by game's end, putting Joey Anderson on Zajac's line.  I like that idea.

I know Wood and Coleman are going to take penalties, that's part of how they play the game, but there's got to be some more discipline there.

Just now, Triumph said:

D zone coverage was quite ugly tonight.  It wasn't splendid last night but the Penguins missed some of their chances, Kinkaid saved others, and the D were breaking them up - not tonight.

I don't like Miles Wood on RW and they shifted him back to LW by game's end, putting Joey Anderson on Zajac's line.  I like that idea.

I know Wood and Coleman are going to take penalties, that's part of how they play the game, but there's got to be some more discipline there.

I've been raging about this since pre-season. This team need more discipline it's fvcking ridiculous. They constantly take dumb, bad penalties and at the worst time. We can't keep momentum

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Triumph said:

Wood also needs to start putting the puck in the net once in a while. 1 goal in 13 games. 

1 minute ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

At what point isn’t it on him? Multiple games this season they haven’t shown up. 

Thats the coach.

It’s not even that they don’t show up, its been more of coming out blazing and getting a couple goals and then completely falling apart. I guess you could still put that on coaching, but bad goaltending, and a bad defense is a lot to overcome. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

It’s not even that they don’t show up, its been more of coming out blazing and getting a couple goals and then completely falling apart. I guess you could still put that on coaching, but bad goaltending, and a bad defense is a lot to overcome. 

Mostly bad defense