GDT: Devils @ Lightning - 11/25/18, 7:00pm

NJDfan1711

Just now, slasher72 said:

Why is it that Tampa is so damn deep? Oh that's right, they had have a GM and scouting department that knows how to draft well. Something we were missing the past 15 years with King Lou and that idiot Conte. 

Stevie Y is gone now at least, but unfortunately he built them to be competitive for years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I know I can’t be the only one who knows cory (won’t give him the respect of capitalizing his name) ended up being an atrocious acquisition. Think about it, what has he ever done for this team?  He was never a game changer for them, people were so excited when they got him from vancouver but what the hell has he done for them?  He’s been awful and he shouldn’t even start for a high school team, that’s putting it nicely...send that loser greene with him wherever he goes which should be to outer space.

I won't go that far. That's pure revisionist history. Cory was the only guy giving us hope for a couple of years. He was Taylor Hall for this team before Taylor.

But his game took a dive off a cliff and now that contract is a mess. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I know I can’t be the only one who knows cory (won’t give him the respect of capitalizing his name) ended up being an atrocious acquisition. Think about it, what has he ever done for this team?  He was never a game changer for them, people were so excited when they got him from vancouver but what the hell has he done for them?  He’s been awful and he shouldn’t even start for a high school team, that’s putting it nicely...send that loser greene with him wherever he goes which should be to outer space.

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I won't go that far. That's pure revisionist history. Cory was the only guy giving us hope for a couple of years. He was Taylor Hall for this team before Taylor.

But his game took a dive off a cliff and now that contract is a mess. 

I'll echo this, he did well when he first got here and was trying to play out from under Mary's shadow. Then he sh!t the bed. And if you want to get technical, when he finally got the net back in the playoffs, he played solid.

23 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I know in anger people are going to rewrite history.  Cory was plenty good in his first three seasons here.  He was also quite good through late December last season.  Where the hell that guy has gone, I don't know, but at this point, I don't know how the Devils can afford to keep putting him in games when every one else gets screwed as a result...sure, there's guys who share blame (Andy "Untouchable" Greene), but Sad Sack Cory gives his team damned near no chance to win.  It's not fair to his teammates.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

to be fair Cory was pretty awesome the first 2 years. To make things worst... without him though we may have landed McDavid AND Matthews

11 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Probably time to send Cory to the AHL and let him try to work this out over 15-20 games.   If someone actually picked him up off of waivers, that wouldn’t be so bad either.   

I’m not sure he could win in the ECHL at this point...

31 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I mean he kept us out of the McDavid and Matthews sweepstakes so... That's... Something.

In hindsight, he was an awful acquisition and a bad decision by Lou.

9 minutes ago, jagknife said:

And Dano, blaming Zacha for the 2nd goal, and not the dipsh!t who was horrendously out of position. Defender mafia I guess

Can't criticize the captain. Because captains are immune to anything like that.

• Like 1