GDT: Devils @ Vegas - 6 Jan 18, 4pm Eastern

jagknife

Just now, Neb00rs said:

6 on 4 looked more like 5 on 4. They just don't have any coherent plan out there and they're not moving the puck around well.

The offensive starpower just isn't there without Hall setting everything up.  There's no creativity. 

Palmieri in that god damn shooting position on the top of the circle seems to result in a goal 1 in every 50 tries.

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

The offensive starpower just isn't there without Hall setting everything up.  There's no creativity. 

Palmieri in that god damn shooting position on the top of the circle seems to result in a goal 1 in every 50 tries.

Helps when he doesn’t aim for the goalies logos. I’d almost rather him miss that let the keeper stop and hold 4 of 5 shots from there 

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Helps when he doesn’t aim for the goalies logos. I’d almost rather him miss that let the keeper stop and hold 4 of 5 shots from there 

I don't understand why we don't have him on his off wing in the one-timer slot.

Just fvcking set up that one timer and see what happens.  He clearly isn't offensively creative enough to play Hall's role.

• Like 1

They were trying in cycle on the right half-board to get it to the near post for a cross crease backdoor goal.. only got one good chance for all the effort

These last two losses have done it for me.. season is OVER... hey taylor stay on IR for a good long time.. call cory back  make sure McKenzie is 100% before he sees the ice

Tank city

That was as fvcking a boring game as any $hit I’ve seen...not different from every other Fvcking game...how could a fvcking team be this bad every fvcking year?  Fvck this whole team. I’d rather them get rid of every fvcking player and become an expansion team...they’re pieces of $hit and I mean that 150%.

Just now, Neb00rs said:

Today's .893 from KK will bring him under .900 for the year. At this point in the prime of his career, that's just not very confidence-inspiring. I suppose he's played much more than he can handle by now though.

He has had every opportunity to make something for himself, but he is just straight garbage this year and really getting exposed as a middle of the pack backup goalie. 

• Like 1

RECAP

• Pros
    • Nico scored
    • Lovejoy's goal was nice
  • Cons
    • Kinkaid was bad.
    • Execution on plays was bad.

GOALIE AND DEFENSE

• Goal 1
    • Stupid play by Zacha
    • Terrible goal by Kinkaid
  • Goal 2
    • WTF was Kinkaid even doing?!
    • BTW, the key difference between this call and the Williams call was that Williams was deep in the crease while the Vegas player wasn't.
      • The crease still matters, and the refs have been calling this pretty consistently
        • You cannot screen goalies in the crease like Williams did
      • So both the Williams call and this call were made correctly!
  • Goal 3
    • Amazing what happens when you shoot the puck and crash
    • Not Kinkaid's fault.

5 on 5 POSSESSION

• CF: 55 to 50
  • FF: 38 to 34
  • SF: 31 to 24
  • SCF: 27 to 20
  • HDCF: 6 to 8

5 on 5 SVA POSSESSION

• CF: 56.59 to 47.32
  • FF: 38.94 to 32.17
  • SF: 31.82 to 22.82
  • SCF: 28.56 to 18.72
  • HDCF: 6.33 to 7.18

2 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

They were trying in cycle on the right half-board to get it to the near post for a cross crease backdoor goal.. only got one good chance for all the effort

These last two losses have done it for me.. season is OVER... hey taylor stay on IR for a good long time.. call cory back  make sure McKenzie is 100% before he sees the ice

Tank city

When Mac went down, that really made it feel like it simply might not be the Devils’ year.  Truly felt like there was a little magic going on.  We’ve often talked about how losing Hall would be Armageddon for this team...as much as I want to remain hopeful, it just seems like it’s not going to come together in 2018-19.  Too many things not breaking their way.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

That was as fvcking a boring game as any $hit I’ve seen...not different from every other Fvcking game...how could a fvcking team be this bad every fvcking year?  Fvck this whole team. I’d rather them get rid of every fvcking player and become an expansion team...they’re pieces of $hit and I mean that 150%.

Folks, we have a new BostonNala

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aznjsn said:

I really dislike Zacha.

Glad I missed this game. So another cough up by Zacha leading to a goal huh?

The only solace I have is that with Lou and Conte now collaborating together on the Islanders' drafts it will only be a matter of time before they destroy that organization from within. That will partially make up for the absence of Barzal on this roster.

1 hour ago, Aznjsn said:

Lol looks blank but I can cover it for you. Vegas Knights best plays tonight were made by Pavel Zacha and Keith Kinkaid. 

Yeah next person who talks about how great Zacha is defensively, he’s assisted on an opponent goal in each of the last two. Fvck him. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah next person who talks about how great Zacha is defensively, he’s assisted on an opponent goal in each of the last two. Fvck him. 

He sucks. And at this point (175GP) I don’t think he’s ever going to not suck. 

1 hour ago, slasher72 said:

Glad I missed this game. So another cough up by Zacha leading to a goal huh?

The only solace I have is that with Lou and Conte now collaborating together on the Islanders' drafts it will only be a matter of time before they destroy that organization from within. That will partially make up for the absence of Barzal on this roster.

Basically made a stupid attempt of a pass across behind our blue line and got picked for Kinkaid to sht the bed on a softie. Changed the momentum of the whole game, but this time we couldn't get it back. Healthy scratch this kid.

2 minutes ago, Aznjsn said:

Basically made a stupid attempt of a pass across behind our blue line and got picked for Kinkaid to sht the bed on a softie. Changed the momentum of the whole game, but this time we couldn't get it back. Healthy scratch this kid.

KK should’ve had it, but it never should have been coming his way. He should be scratched, if we had anyone to play in his place. 

And I mean literally, I’ll take ANYONE in his place. 

• Like 1

It's been a long, long time since I've truly despised a Devil.  Pavel Zacha, to me, is just an infuriating player to root for.

I hope his days here are numbered one way or the other - unfortunately I see him being another tweener who sticks around for another decade (a la Josefson).

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

It's been a long, long time since I've truly despised a Devil.  Pavel Zacha, to me, is just an infuriating player to root for.

I hope his days here are numbered one way or the other - unfortunately I see him being another tweener who sticks around for another decade (a la Josefson).

I’m hoping that sh!t won’t fly with Ray. 

2 hours ago, devlman said:

Kinkaid is fvcking awful. Zacha needs to be in Binghamton. Free McLeod!! 

I can't say Kink is awful but he certainly could've stolen more games for us than he did. Isn't it crazy all of us want an AHL goalie in net so bad? I like MB. He's been great for us so far and I have a feeling the team plays with more confidence in front of him. 

Speaking of Zacha, I don't think anybody from Bing can replace him, but Hynes should certainly whip his A$$. It's about time to stop making stupid amature mistakes.

• Like 1