Race To The Bottom II - 2018-19 Edition

Triumph

10 minutes ago, Triumph said:

It's going to be impossible to catch Ottawa now that Duchene is gone and Stone and Dzingel are going - they are simply atrocious.

Yeah, last night's game was like seeing how other teams see us. 

Edited by mfitz804

tonight's relevant games:

NJD: 56 PTS

OTT (49 PTS) @ CBJ (to be honest this game is mostly irrelevant. we all saw how OTT performed without their big three. they're now 7 PTS behind the Devils. regardless...)

COL (61 PTS) @ CHI (61 PTS)

MIN (62 PTS) @ DET (55 PTS)

ANA (57 PTS) @ CGY

decent tank results last night. congratulations rags, ya played yaselves. NYR now 6 PTS clear of the Devils

FLA won, now 6 PTS clear of the Devils. Unfortunately it was LAK on the losing end, they remain 3 PTS back of the Devils

EDM won, 2 PTS up on the Devils. would have been nice if that was a 3 PT game but it wasn't, so ANA remains 1 PT ahead of the Devils.

COL won, 9 PTS up on the Devils

BUF won, 10 PTS up on the Devils. Don't think we have to worry about making up that kind of a gap.

PHI won, 9 PTS up on the Devils.

Devils remain in 4th from the bottom with 56 PTS.

DET 55 PTS

LAK 52 PTS

OTT 49 PTS (have been shutout twice in a row, traded Dzingel & Duchene, with Stone left to go. they won't win another game this season)

RELEVANT TANK GAMES TODAY:

NYR (62 PTS) @ WSH

DAL (65 PTS) @ CHI (61 PTS)

SJS @ DET (55 PTS)

STL @ MIN (64 PTS)

CGY @ OTT (49 PTS)

WPG @ ARI (61 PTS)

Go Rangers, Blackhawks, Detroit (SJS on a back to back where they got shutout by CBJ last night... maybe there's a chance?) Wild, Sens, and Coyotes

• Like 1

At least the Rangers got a point. If Hall misses the rest of the year, I can't see the Devils winning many more games. Their bottom six has been atrocious for awhile. Also, don't underestimate the loss of Lovejoy. While he's not an amazing player by any stretch, he was a lynchpin in the PK unit, which has been basically the team's only strength. Him being gone means you have someone much worse at the PK taking those minutes

TRADE DEADLINE DAY

The tank rolls on... mixed bag of results last night, not really that positive concerning teams trailing us but a few teams ahead of us made headway.

NYR got a loser point with 30 seconds left. NYR now at 63 PTS, 7 PTS up on the Devils

MIN beat STL, MIN now at 66 PTS, a full 10 PTS ahead of the Devils

ARI beat WPG, ARI now at 63 PTS, 7 PTS ahead of the Devils

CHI (61 PTS), DET (55 PTS), and OTT (49 PTS) all lost despite being competitive. That's too bad.

Today's Relevant Tank Games

MTL @ NJD (56 PTS) - Kinkaid slated to start this game, so it could probably be penciled in as an L... but a lot of smoke that he could possibly be traded, especially with the Devils securing extra goalie help in Bingo by giving Cormier a 3 year deal after a strong performance in the AHL since being brought back from the ether. Seems like the only reason the Devils would have to do that would be if they are calling up Blackwood. So we'll see. Obviously, we are expecting that MoJo will (sadly) be gone, barring some crazy circumstances where Ray isn't offered enough value. That seems highly unlikely. Never know what else could happen either with nobody seemingly safe outside of the obvious folks. We may also see the first NHL game where noted best friends McLeod and Bastian play together, as well as the potential debut of Carrick. Should be interesting at least.

LAK (52 PTS) @ TBL - Really difficult to see this going well for us. LAK have been atrocious and the Lightning should be handed the Stanley Cup now.

EDM (58 PTS) @ NSH - Again, really difficult to see this going well for the Devils, especially with McDavid suspended.

FLA (62 PTS) @ COL (65 PTS) - an overtime win for Florida here would be cool, though both teams are probably far enough ahead of the Devils that it doesn't matter

ANA (57 PTS) @ VAN (60 PTS) - again, an overtime win for the Ducks would be legit. but either way one of these teams will likely be distancing themselves from us so.

also in action: BUF (66 PTS) @ TOR

25 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

image.thumb.png.187c0726b16d07de65cc4832ebcafa12.png

So, assuming we win at least half of our games (thanks to Cory's resurgence), we're realistically looking at drafting anywhere between 5th through 9th.

Really need to remain down in the bottom 5. Seeing a lot of draft previews talk of a pretty solid top 4 to 6 elite prospects and then a drop off. 

• Like 1

Stunning performance by the tankers last night. Really going to be difficult to keep up if this level of performance continues. These teams just seem to have what it takes. 

Detroit crushing it with an 8-1 loss

Senators jump out to a 2-0 lead before showing up and losing 7-2 to the Capitals

Kings with a strong 6-1 loss

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steadevils said:

Stunning performance by the tankers last night. Really going to be difficult to keep up if this level of performance continues. These teams just seem to have what it takes. 

Detroit crushing it with an 8-1 loss

Senators jump out to a 2-0 lead before showing up and losing 7-2 to the Capitals

Kings with a strong 6-1 loss

I think it's pretty clear those teams are way worse than we are.  We're more on par with the Anaheim, Chicago and Vancouver's of the league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I think it's pretty clear those teams are way worse than we are.  We're more on par with the Anaheim, Chicago and Vancouver's of the league.

Guess I should start learning about the guys in this draft after Hughes, Kakko, and the Russian kid...

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Guess I should start learning about the guys in this draft after Hughes, Kakko, and the Russian kid...

Yeah, as much as I would like any of those 3, I hardly even rely on or hold out hope that we're going to get a pick in the top 3 - even when we won the lottery two years ago that was an outside chance that just happened to work out, and especially this year with us likely picking somewhere between 5-10, the rest is just a pipe dream.

Anaheim blows a late lead and then loses in regulation of all things - tank's still on, though

24, 25:  VAN, CHI -1

26:  EDM -4

27:  NJD -6

28:  ANA -7

29:  DET -9

30:  LAK -10

31:  OTT -13

I think falling under Anaheim is very possible, falling under Detroit will be tough - I can't see any farther than that but who knows, if Schneider's bad again they could go a long way down.

37 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Anaheim blows a late lead and then loses in regulation of all things - tank's still on, though

24, 25:  VAN, CHI -1

26:  EDM -4

31:  OTT -13

I think falling under Anaheim is very possible, falling under Detroit will be tough - I can't see any farther than that but who knows, if Schneider's bad again they could go a long way down.

true, with the lineup they are icing at the moment it is going to be hard to beat anybody.

There's a gap opening up.

26:  EDM -3

31:  OTT -15

So yeah, it's looking like the bottom 5 teams are close to locked in - I think Anaheim is clearly better than this group of 5 and may pull themselves out.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Triumph said:

There's a gap opening up.

26:  EDM -3

31:  OTT -15

So yeah, it's looking like the bottom 5 teams are close to locked in - I think Anaheim is clearly better than this group of 5 and may pull themselves out.

I could see the Kings winning a few. What is more likely Cory wins some games or Quick? Kings and ducks play 3 more times..Would be nice if those games go to OT. 

Edited by Steadevils