Habs @ NJD

Devils01

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Make that 3 of us.  Weird thing is, if it wasn't in their zone because of the ensuing PP, I thought it might be in our zone, because pretty sure we iced the puck there which is what drew the whistle on the penalty.

Yeah, this is why, the Devils iced it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

Not happy about the win . ... so much for the tank but I’m happy at the same time fvck you habs lost to an ahl team down 2 forwards hahaha

We aren’t going to finish badly enough to have a great chance in the lottery. The sooner we all get over that the better.

What we will get is a look at some guys who could be our future, and checking on Cory’s status. 

As a former goalie, I study goalies, and especially their movement. Its plain to see that Cory is moving significantly better now than he was at the start of his season. It’s obvious now that last year and the start of this year, he was still suffering, and he’s feeling much better. 

That is a positive where he’s still under a $6m annual contract for a while longer. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I like that we went from "Cory is garbage" to "Cory is ruining the tank."

Yup, only took 3 games to get there too lol.

People are ignoring that the “tank” wouldn’t come from the play of the players, but from the front office. They put a terrible team on paper on the ice tonight, but they won. 

Anyone who has seen Major League knows, deciding to tank doesn’t always work out. 

53 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, only took 3 games to get there too lol.

People are ignoring that the “tank” wouldn’t come from the play of the players, but from the front office. They put a terrible team on paper on the ice tonight, but they won. 

Anyone who has seen Major League knows, deciding to tank doesn’t always work out. 

im pretty sure most people here pushing for us to "tank" is not saying that we should throw away all the game. Personally i'm just saying that we need to understand the situation that we're in and that we need to put ourselves in the best situation to be able to make the team better for the future. Not make "all-in moves" pushing for the playoffs and the "once you're in anything can happen" non-sense. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

im pretty sure most people here pushing for us to "tank" is not saying that we should throw away all the game. Personally i'm just saying that we need to understand the situation that we're in and that we need to put ourselves in the best situation to be able to make the team better for the future. Not make "all-in moves" pushing for the playoffs and the "once you're in anything can happen" non-sense. 

I think everyone is just joking around and fully understands the situation. 

Somehow, just like that, Cory is on the cusp of posting a .900+ save% for the season.  He’s currently at .898.  

• Like 2