2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

19 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

These conference finals games were not very entertaining unless you were a fan of those teams already. The world championship games have been way more entertaining. The Swiss vs the Czechs today was some wild fun. 

I agree with that.   But I'm still happy for Maroon and his family.    

Hope they pull off the Cup win as I do NOT want to see that "licking" weasel Marchand win a Cup....again.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

I agree with that.   But I'm still happy for Maroon and his family.    

Hope they pull off the Cup win as I do NOT want to see that "licking" weasel Marchand win a Cup....again.

While I couldn't care less about St Louis I can't stand Marchand so I'll be rooting for the Blues.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I want the Blues to win.  However, if the Bruins win I won't be too broken up about it.

I think the Bruins win though in 5-6 games.

Agree with this completely. I don't care, but the Blues are the better story, and Marchand is a douche. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Agree with this completely. I don't care, but the Blues are the better story, and Marchand is a douche. 

One other reason to root for the Blues.... fvck Boston. That city has won enough for the next 100 years. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Blues, but I'm not watching the finals.  Maroon is a whiny crybaby.  I don't care about this stupid son in crime ridden St. Louis.

Boston can lose in all sports for 200 years and that would be fine with me.

Well this went from zero to sixty pretty quick in this post.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Blues, but I'm not watching the finals.  Maroon is a whiny crybaby.  I don't care about this stupid son in crime ridden St. Louis.

Boston can lose in all sports for 200 years and that would be fine with me.

spacer.png

• Like 1

I have nothing against Maroon personally, just annoyed that he jilted the Devils after we went out and moved his sorry ass out of hockey Siberia.  The story about him and his son was way overdone as well.

It reminds me of news where they report the death of reporters or similar.  That isn't news.

Also, I don't detest Boston, just sick of them winning everything. I actually love the city, one of the best I've ever visited.

6 hours ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

I have nothing against Maroon personally, just annoyed that he jilted the Devils after we went out and moved his sorry ass out of hockey Siberia.  The story about him and his son was way overdone as well.

It reminds me of news where they report the death of reporters or similar.  That isn't news.

Also, I don't detest Boston, just sick of them winning everything. I actually love the city, one of the best I've ever visited.

Maroon's decision to go home and play for his hometown team was to be close to his son.   

There's nothing to be annoyed about with that choice, as opposed to Zach Pari$e and what he did (but that's entirely another story).

There are so many players to be pissed at in this league with the Brad Marchands and Staals of the world.....Maroon and , particular, his son, shouldn't be lumped in with them.

Yes, I know the Media has overblown this decision as if Maroon was the only Father out there that would do this....but shouldn't the Media receive your ire instead of Maroon's son?

Edited by glenwo2

2 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Yes, I know the Media has overblown this decision as if Maroon was the only Father out there that would do this....but shouldn't the Media receive your ire instead of Maroon's son?

Yeah, wanting to be with your kid is something every parent should do anyway. His situation was not unique, and he deserves zero credit for doing it. 

But he also deserves zero disdain for doing it. It’s ridiculous to be upset that he left New Jersey when he was here for such a short period of time he probably didn’t even unpack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, wanting to be with your kid is something every parent should do anyway. His situation was not unique, and he deserves zero credit for doing it. 

But he also deserves zero disdain for doing it. It’s ridiculous to be upset that he left New Jersey when he was here for such a short period of time he probably didn’t even unpack. 

I really liked him when he played here. He was the big body in front we all prayed Boyle would suddenly become.

Additionally, I think the fact he came around the same time as Grabs and was pretty much polar opposite success story as Grabs magnifies a lot of emotions. 

• Like 2