2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

In other news, Panarin is now 3rd in the NHL in points. Big yikes for us.

Rags danced right around us in the rebuild game, didn't they?

They are currently a 7th-place team...Panarin was obviously a killer grab, but doesn't mean that greener pastures are right around the corner just yet.  

One advantage that they'll always have is their brand...they can suck for 10 straight years and there will STILL be star players happy to sign for top dollar for play for an Original 6 team in NYC.  It is what it is...and as we've seen, that doesn't always pay off.  Devils will probably never have that kind of sex appeal to many players (and there's other teams in that boat with us), but as we well know, that doesn't mean that the Devils can't ever win.  Just gotta nail those draft picks.      

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I hope for that guys sake it was a setup or he had a ring and made a proposal later in that evening in spectacular fashion , otherwise he isn't getting any for a looooooooong time. 

Lol if my girl reacted like what you say I'd drop her ass like a hot plate. 

I hope for that guys sake it was a setup or he had a ring and made a proposal later in that evening in spectacular fashion , otherwise he isn't getting any for a looooooooong time. 

Welp, editing is absolutely sh!t on mobile so someone break out the Goodfellas meme

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

In other news, Panarin is now 3rd in the NHL in points. Big yikes for us.

Rags danced right around us in the rebuild game, didn't they?

Let’s not get carried away, Panarin is a stud, but the Rags are still in 7th place in the division. 

Cory Schneider talks about joining the team on the road after his call-up from Binghamton. “It’s great. Obviously, a lot has changed since I’ve been here. You can feel the energy, the guys are playing well. I’m excited to be back in the NHL and start with a clean slate.”

https://twitter.com/NJDevils

Well no offense Cory, but that makes one of us...

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Until Greene (not that he’s been terrible this season) and Cory are off this team it’s not going to feel like we’re truly moving forward. 

At least Zajac is still playing well...

Will be stunned if Cory's not bought out at season's end.  Devils will have nearly $4 million in dead money next year (the final season of Cam's last dead money + Kovy's recapture + Cory's dead money)...then $2,250,000 the next three years (Kovy + Cory).  Can't see this being an issue, as it's really hard to imagine the Devils being up against the cap anytime soon.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

38 minutes ago, MrBreeze said:

Nico Hischier has replaced Kyle Palmieri as the New Jersey Devils’ representative for the 2020 NHL All-Star Game. (Palmieri suffered an injury blocking a shot during the Devils’ upset win over the Lightning on Sunday.)

I'll bet he's pissed. He was all set to go an exotic Island w/ #63 & # 37 to find some wild & crazy girls!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Let’s not get carried away, Panarin is a stud, but the Rags are still in 7th place in the division. 

Better than 2nd to last or wherever we might find ourselves currently - but point taken.  They're not lighting the world on fire, yet.

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Who cares.

I mean, I do.  I hate seeing the Rangers succeed at all, especially when the Devils are trash.

51 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

I'll bet he's pissed. He was all set to go an exotic Island w/ #63 & # 37 to find some wild & crazy girls!

Nico:  "Daaaaamn Zachs, how can you still be alone here?  Me and Jesper are just about spent from all the girls we've been...uh...talking to!  You mean you haven't hooked up with ANYONE this whole time?"

"Well...ALMOST"

"Ouch...well, guess you might as well help me and Jesper out here and there...you may not score, but you're doing pretty good with assists this year at least!" 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

All jokes aside, Zacha's girlfriend is thicker than a snicker. Nothing almost about that girl. 

Never heard the snicker saying before and I'm too old to say something like that in public without sounding ridiculous, but I like that one a lot. 

40 minutes ago, MB3 said:

All jokes aside, Zacha's girlfriend is thicker than a snicker. Nothing almost about that girl. 

Evidence?

As for Panarin,  I had no idea he was this good. He makes the game look so easy.  Pretty amazing how many shots he passes up too.  

yeah he'll always suck etc.

7 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Welp, editing is absolutely sh!t on mobile so someone break out the Goodfellas meme

Ok dude we get your point....... Lol

Haha seriously though I don't know many women who would take that sort of thing that well when it comes to proposals.  Good for her though if it's genuine, she is probably a keeper. 

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:
9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I mean, I do.  I hate seeing the Rangers succeed at all, especially when the Devils are trash.

No one likes to see the Rags have any success, particularly while the Devils are in the state they’re in.... but I can’t worry about them. I’ll worry about them again in April when we’re battling them in the lottery.