GDT - Devils @ Sabres 12/2/19 7:00 PM

NJDfan1711

5 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I’ve met Dano at some autograph event.  He was pretty much an a$$hole and obviously a fvcking moron in his commentary.  Just said they’ve been a lot better since the first period.  Just shut the fvck up and leave like the rest of the staff.

I literally have to hit my mute button everytime he starts talking. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If nothing else, the “FIRE HYNES!” chants at tomorrow night’s game had better be fvcking DEAFENING.  

I'll be there since nobody is going to buy my tickets but I'm also very loud so I'll be doing my part with that chant. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

One big milestone has finally been conquered...the Minus Man himself, the one and only Damon Severson, reached -100 for his career, needing just 387 games to hit this most impressive accomplishment. And to think that I thought he might not get this before his 400th game...well done pal!

And 14 games and counting for PK without a point.  So glad the Devils will be paying you $9 million over each the next two seasons after this one.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

If nothing happens from upper management this week we will know Shero is playing tank commander again under his desk.

tank.jpg

If it doesn’t happen in a half hour from now, we know that’s the case.  

Shero destroyed this franchise.

Same thing met Dano in Trenton when he was there to MC a jersey retirement for a guy that had been with the org since day one. The clown didn't even take the time to learn how to pronounce the guys name. So during the whole ceremony we were subjected to him butchering the celebrated players name. More than a few times someone would tell him he was pronouncing it wrong when he sat down in between others speaking and he ignored them. It was pathetic and mumbles basically ruined the night.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I’ve met Dano at some autograph event.  He was pretty much an a$$hole and obviously a fvcking moron in his commentary.  Just said they’ve been a lot better since the first period.  Just shut the fvck up and leave like the rest of the staff.

Dano was an absolute douchebag to me last two times I met him, I stopped even looking at him anytime I see him at the rock.

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

Same thing met Dano in Trenton when he was there to MC a jersey retirement for a guy that had been with the org since day one. The clown didn't even take the time to learn how to pronounce the guys name. So during the whole ceremony we were subjected to him butchering the celebrated players name. More than a few times someone would tell him he was pronouncing it wrong when he sat down in between others speaking and he ignored them. It was pathetic and mumbles basically ruined the night.

Don’t know if you remember Daneyko Night (not the jersey retirement, this happened well before)...his mike cut out for a significant part of the night.  All this time I thought that was a reflection of how amateur the Devils could be about such things back  then...never occurred to me that someone might have cut power to his mike on purpose...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I was there for that, it really was awful. I always enjoyed watching Bertoli play, which isn't a hard name to say at all. I miss the Titans in general. It's a shame that we lost the ECHL in Trenton and Atlantic City. Those games were always fun to watch. 

I don’t mind Dano as a color guy, but at this point I just wish they’d replace him so we don’t have to hear the constant bitching anymore. It makes me sad that one of the greatest Devils of all time has become so hated by such a large portion of the fan base. 

13 minutes ago, titans04 said:

After listening to his maddening commentary, I find it therapeutic to watch old hockey fights wear Dano loses (especially the Manny Malhotra knockout)

Edited by slasher72

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I don’t mind Dano as a color guy, but at this point I just wish they’d replace him so we don’t have to hear the constant bitching anymore. It makes me sad that one of the greatest Devils of all time has become so hated by such a large portion of the fan base. 

I don't hate Dano but I would rather have Bryce doing color commentary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

I was there for that, it really was awful. I always enjoyed watching Bertoli play, which isn't a hard name to say at all. I miss the Titans in general. It's a shame that we lost the ECHL in Trenton and Atlantic City. Those games were always fun to watch. 

I love going to my local ECHL games (Cyclones). Those guys don’t have the most talent in the world, but they work their asses off considering they play for peanuts. 

• Like 3

Just now, Nicomo said:

I’ll always love Dano the player...I still have my Y2K Dano jersey 19 years later.  I do find him to be a rough listen on TV...not so much that I’m constantly hoping that he’s replaced, but he doesn’t seem like it’s ever going to be suited to him.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

yep he was BART-oli that night.

Same on the Titans Lou and Co really put the final nails into that coffin by riding in on a white horse and proclaiming they were going to paint the town red. Any attempts to revive them were moot after they burnt them down to the ground like Albany x2 , Lowell etc.

3 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

I find it therapeutic to watch old hockey fights wear Dano loses (especially the Manny Malhotra knockout)

eagerly going to search for that right now!

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

During the ‘03 parade when Dano was giving his speech the crowd was chanting “one more year” (yes, I know they were kidding) and I was chanting “re-ti-re”.  When I was at the autograph event and after I got his autograph I put my hand out to shake his and he acted frustrated that I did, he did shake my hand but def always remembered that was a d!ck way to act.  At this point I’d rather have Sherry Ross as commentator (ok, just maybe a bit)