GDT - Devils @ Sabres 12/2/19 7:00 PM

NJDfan1711

Everybody in the world: wtf was that? hynes: we made more shots. It’s only unluck

btw Buffalo were talented team without defense - all they need was goalie and time to better understand each other. Couple of years for this devils rosters, couple of competent defs and we will look much better. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

I mean if this isn't enough to get someone fired I literally have no idea what is. 

At this point I think Hynes could walk out and take a sh!t on centre ice and nothing would happen. 

Is there any video anywhere of him kicking a player on the bench? That seems to get rid of coaches at the moment. 

• Like 5

Alright, enough time has passed and Shero was allowed to sleep on it - do what needs to be done and start the day off right by firing Hynes.  Bring him a box of tissues, send him a thank you card, let him down easy, I don't give a fvck - just do it.  However you have to do it, and whatever it takes to make you do it, just do it.  You shouldn't be able to eat, shower, or get dressed before picking up the phone and scheduling a meeting with him.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

No clue what else has to be done here. The room.has completely quit on him.

Was listening to the WFAN on the way into work (about 6:00 am), and Boomer basically lumped the Devils and Knicks into the same sh!tbox...basically said it's obvious that there's no cohesion and that each team no longer responds at all to its respective coach. 

It feels like this season has been a bunch of "exclamation point" moments of complete futility...only they keep on getting larger as the rock bottom grows deeper:

! (opening loss to Winnipeg after being up 4-0 at home)     

! (0-4-2 start)   

! (blown leads galore)  

! (4-0 loss to Rangers)  

! (waxed by Buffalo)

How much bigger do the exclamation points need to get Ray?!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Was listening to the WFAN on the way into work (about 6:00 am), and Boomer basically lumped the Devils and Knicks into the same sh!tbox...basically said it's obvious that there's no cohesion and that each team no longer responds at all to its respective coach. 

It feels like this season has been a bunch of "exclamation point" moments of complete futility...only they keep on getting larger as the rock bottom grows:

! (0-4-2 start)   

! (blown leads galore)  

! (4-0 loss to Rangers)  

! (waxed by Buffalo)

Is it possible that Ray's future is riding on him getting an enormous return for Hall?  Forget the money, this just has to be embarrassing for the owners even if another tank is now the plan.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Is it possible that Ray's future is riding on him getting an enormous return for Hall?  Forget the money, this just has to be embarrassing for the owners even if another tank is now the plan.

At this point, nothing that is happening makes any fvcking sense, and the fact that the minutes keep ticking by and DBA is still the coach is speaking volumes to Shero

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think it's more about who he hires as his next coach...and how his picks start faring (we'll soon be getting to the point where the non "no-brainer" picks will have to start making their way on to the big club...it's too early to grade Ray's drafts). 

Ray's taken a hit this year...not enough to the point where I think he should be fired, but enough to where I'm not as confident in him as I was.  He's got a real mess on his hands.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It feels like this season has been a bunch of "exclamation point" moments of complete futility...only they keep on getting larger as the rock bottom grows:

! (0-4-2 start)   

! (blown leads galore)  

! (4-0 loss to Rangers)  

! (waxed by Buffalo)

I normally catch the show from around 6:45 or so usually up until the end at 10, so I generally miss the mornings and the opening segments, but the last two weeks I've been taking my stepson to work and getting up earlier, and I've been catching the show from the beginning lately - Gio's rant about both teams was amazingly hilarious, and sad, and true.  When he was talking about the Knicks being instructed to 'loiter' I about lost it.  It's so true and it's the same with the Devils...our team is an abomination right now and it feels like they just loiter out there as well - they're like a headless snake unable to do anything at all on the rink.

Edited by NJDfan1711

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think it's more about who he hires as his next coach...and how his picks start faring (we'll soon be getting to the point where the non "no-brainer" picks will have to start making their way on to the big club...it's too early to grade Ray's drafts). 

Ray's taken a hit this year...not enough to the point where I think he should be fired, but enough to where I'm not as confident in him as I was.  He's got a real mess on his hands.

I almost see it as his own making though. Even a couple weeks ago, with our record the way it was, I did not have much distrust in the job Shero did. I still saw it as, "Shero did his job, and Hynes, a subpar coach who's used to untalented gritty rosters, is sabotaging it."

Shero could wash his hands of this at any moment and he'd be justified, the fanbase would still be on his side and cheer him on; but the longer he waits, the more of the buck he's starting to absorb for himself. Like others have said, if this isn't enough to get a coach fired, can we have any faith that Shero knows what he's doing in picking a coaching staff?

We didn't need to be in a hole this deep, but it's first week of December now, and his resolve in sticking by his man Hynes is, in so many words, signaling he sees this season as a throw-away already; and that's not really acceptable, Ray.

• Like 1

At this point I am just intellectually curious outside of suffering watching this team as a fan about what its going to take for Hynes to get fired. 

Where is the line? How many more blown leads, and blowout losses do we need? Are we waiting to be statistically dead last in every category?

I HATE to say anything positive about Pittsburgh or their fans but they were right on this one I am starting to think. Shero will not fire coaches. 

Hynes will still be coaching this team in 2028 and the line up will consist of all top 5 lottery picks. And somehow we will still suck.

• Like 1