NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

Last  night they had a game ('09) us against Blackhawks. Parise on a line with Langenbruner. Mottau & Sal together. I think it was St. Patty's day. Didn't stay up to watch the whole game, but didn't get the significance of why they chose that particular game.

7 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Last  night they had a game ('09) us against Blackhawks. Parise on a line with Langenbruner. Mottau & Sal together. I think it was St. Patty's day. Didn't stay up to watch the whole game, but didn't get the significance of why they chose that particular game.

Marty 552.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

haha I thought this was satirical. yeah, man, that's Marty's 552 and Patty passing Johnny Mac. 

My #1 favorite non-playoff Devils game I've ever been to.

Glad to hear it man.

Today I feel no symptoms at all for the first time in a week and a half. I'm back at work (working from home of course) and pretty positive it's all behind me. Something I won't ever forget, though.

Love you guys for all reaching out. Meant a lot. 

Glad to hear that you seem to have gotten through the worst.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MB3 said:

haha I thought this was satirical. yeah, man, that's Marty's 552 and Patty passing Johnny Mac. 

Glad to hear it man.

Today I feel no symptoms at all for the first time in a week and a half. I'm back at work (working from home of course) and pretty positive it's all behind me. Something I won't ever forget, though.

Awesome to hear brother! Hope you continue to feel good!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Glad to hear it man.

How's your wife doing?  Any symptoms or do you think your self isolation was successful?  I'm sure it's still a bit of an open case though.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Glad everyone's doing better!

Some games on today on MSG+

vs Florida from 1/16/12 at 5pm

at Edmonton from 1/11/12 at 9pm

03 cup and DVD were on earlier on NHL Network. Not gonna lie, though, wasn’t a fan of the DVD, whoopie was bad choice to narrate.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MB3 said:

Glad to hear it man.

Good job kicking it’s a$$.

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

03 cup and DVD were on earlier on NHL Network. Not gonna lie, though, wasn’t a fan of the DVD, whoopie was bad choice to narrate.

I didn't think the DVD itself was poorly done besides her narration. I don't know why they couldn't get Kevin Smith to narrate since he's actually a fan of the team.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I haven’t the foggiest idea how she got picked, but did not care for it.

Understandable. Whoopi Goldberg doesn’t instantly come to mind when I think about hockey.

Kiefer Sutherland would have been good. 

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Understandable. Whoopi Goldberg doesn’t instantly come to mind when I think about hockey.

Liev Schreiber did those “Road to the Winter Classic” docuseries, he was excellent. 

44 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Kiefer also had that interview during the first period of Game 7 when he was trying to be political and say “i hope they give us a good game”

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I didn't think the DVD itself was poorly done besides her narration. I don't know why they couldn't get Kevin Smith to narrate since he's actually a fan of the team.

Whoopi was a fan of the team. I remember seeing her on tv attending the finals. She was a NJ resident, I believe.

11 hours ago, devlman said:

Whoopi was a fan of the team. I remember seeing her on tv attending the finals. She was a NJ resident, I believe.

Attending the finals means nothing to me, "celebs" love to pull that bs all the time..... She was probably just there promoting the view since that is on ABC and most of the finals at the time were on ABC too. I don't ever remember her attending games in the past and she certainly hasn't since then. It was awhile ago but I'm pretty sure the Ducks dragged out Emilio Estevez for that finals too. It's all nonsense. 

Hell Patrick Warburton would have been better to narrate the DVD, he's got a great voice for narration and at least has a real connection to the team. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, MB3 said:

Even though my symptoms are gone i’m still sleeping in the guest room and using the guest bathroom. We won’t really know, i think i’m still contagious for 14 days after the symptoms stop? That’s what the on call doctor told me. So with her, it makes more sense to be extra cautious. So far she’s exhibited no symptoms and we’re hoping it stays that way. 

one weird thing — i still can’t really taste. smell either. i made my wife’s and my dinner (using gloves) and she spat out the chicken because she said it tasted like ocean water. i kept adding salt because it tasted so bland. it’s a weird ass virus, man. 

I wasn't around here lately as i had too much to handle in my own house... but just see that you were sick ! Sorry to hear that and even more glad that you are going fine now ! Great news ... and keep staying safe.. This sh!tty virus is famous for having some unexpected rebound so take care ! 

On 3/30/2020 at 9:48 AM, NJDfan1711 said:

So the NHL season has been officially cancelled. That sucks.  Can't believe they made the decision without figuring out what to do with the draft and other key deadlines. 

Kinda surprised the NHL is the first league to officially cancel things too, especially when the NBA postponed their games first. 

Was watching part of the Ayres game on NHL Network and they had in the scroll “KHL announces season cancelled” and whatnot. But, in their infinite wisdom, it has the NHL logo on the left side. 100% where you were confused cause I had to rewind to be sure too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I have heard over the past week or so anecdotally that for NJ, the areas/towns that are the biggest hotspots are the ones that have an NJ transit station.  Just judging by my county (Somerset), that is largely true.

Any passage through a major travel hub drives an immediate 14 day quarantine for my squadron right now. Needless to say we are not authorized to travel far at all anymore.

NOT A POLITICAL POST: President Trump is having a telecon with all commissioners of the major sports at noon Eastern. I honestly wonder if he’s going to ask the feasibility of playing in empty arenas/stadiums to give people something to do while at home. 

14 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i’m desperate for this but they should wait another month. all it takes is 1 positive and we’re back to an entire sportswide lockdown 

Agreed. Especially with multiple on Ottawa and at least one on the Avs already popping, no need to risk it.

Hope your family is still symptom free!

• Like 1