2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

That's okay. He's still only got (checks notes) 4 more full fvcking seasons left on that contract. 

I loved that guy. I wept when he left. But damn, thanks for biting the bullet on that one minny. 

He’ll be bought out. That’s a foregone conclusion.

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

That's okay. He's still only got (checks notes) 4 more full fvcking seasons left on that contract. 

I loved that guy. I wept when he left. But damn, thanks for biting the bullet on that one minny. 

Also never got past 62 points in a season in Minny. I thought he'd flirt with 90 again at least a couple of times. 

3 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Also never got past 62 points in a season in Minny. I thought he'd flirt with 90 again at least a couple of times. 

Another big difference (that affected his point total) was as a Devil, he played in 81 or more games six seasons.  Never came close to that many with the Wild.  He became a bit more brittle with that team.

He was pretty good for them most of the time, but the Wild never advanced past the second round during his time there.  Pretty sure that wasn’t the vision when he was signed to his megadeal (along with Suter signing his megadeal).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

7 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I read about this today and I admit in the most petty way it made me happy.  I'm still bitter he left but man that contact is looking bad.  Thankfully our bad contract retired and went to Russia.  Better them than us.

I have no problem with what Ovi did. The dude asked for it, and he got what he asked for. 

6 hours ago, MB3 said:

I’ve always been a supporter of “if they punch your arm, rip their fvcking throat out.”

The concept is called “proportional response”, which I also support, unfortunately my proportion is like a million to one. 

Ovi’s response was definitely more severe than the initial cross checks, but keep your stick to yourself and you wouldn’t have to ice your balls. 

7 hours ago, Crisis said:

The awkwardness of the guy having dropped his glove and then just having to turn and skate away is hysterical. 

8 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

I love the green biscuit puck.. And who says you shouldn't take shots with them

I have no experience with those. When I was a kid the best puck for roller hockey was a roll of electrical tape. 

12 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

I love the green biscuit puck.. And who says you shouldn't take shots with them

When those came around a few years ago I didn't understand the hype and I still don't.  I didn't find them to be amazing for stick handling or passing...to me they just seemed kinda like a regular puck.  Also, if you actually use them for shooting (which I think you're not supposed to do), they come apart and break fairly easily.  

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I have no experience with those. When I was a kid the best puck for roller hockey was a roll of electrical tape. 

I literally starting playing hockey the exact same way - a league on Long Island used rolls of electrical tape for pucks and to this day I still cannot believe that happened.  I have no idea how the puck slid or glided on the concrete/asphalt surface whatsoever.  

28 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

When those came around a few years ago I didn't understand the hype and I still don't.  I didn't find them to be amazing for stick handling or passing...to me they just seemed kinda like a regular puck.  Also, if you actually use them for shooting (which I think you're not supposed to do), they come apart and break fairly easily.  

I literally starting playing hockey the exact same way - a league on Long Island used rolls of electrical tape for pucks and to this day I still cannot believe that happened.  I have no idea how the puck slid or glided on the concrete/asphalt surface whatsoever.  

They are strictly a stick handling tool. For asphalt. Id take my kid down to the tennis courts with his reebok (RIP) roller blades and have him stick handle and pass with me. The physics were that the puck was in 2 pieces so the vibration were mainly in the bottom half and the top mass was dampened keeping it more stable .. Imo it work real well. Not a game puck

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EdgeControl said:

They are strictly a stick handling tool. For asphalt. Id take my kid down to the tennis courts with his reebok (RIP) roller blades and have him stick handle and pass with me. The physics were that the puck was in 2 pieces so the vibration were mainly in the bottom half and the top mass was dampened keeping it more stable .. Imo it work real well. Not a game puck

Gotcha, that makes sense.  I didn't play around with them a lot or give them much of a chance, so that's probably why I didn't find them particularly useful.  I do remember a few guys would bring them into our locker room and just mess around with them which is where I first noticed them, so it probably wasn't the right setting.  

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

But it did. Once you used it a while, the layers of tape would get fused together and it was super smooth on the top and bottom. Only issue was playing in the summer, when a hard slap shot might make it less round because it was so soft from the heat. i also lodged one in a goalie's mask once.

• Like 1