GDT: Buffalo @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

Happy birthday Mad Dog. 

In the series against the Islanders the team did make adjustments, improve and learn to compete against them. I'm hoping that if they come out playing against Buffalo like they finished playing against the Isles they should win. Of course this is the Devils, so anything could happen.

LGD!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Seriously. I don’t bet, but if I did I’d lay a substantial amount on Buffalo tonight...

I laid a substantial amount on the Devils tonight.  They can't possibly lose to Buffalo who are on the second half of a back to back.. right?  Guys?

HBD MD! Don't let these garbage hockey teams ruin your day!  But if they do, at least it is socially acceptable for you to pour yourself a shot of Jamo, chase it with a Guinness, and drink straight through until Thursday.

HBD MD! Don't let these garbage hockey teams ruin your day!  But if they do, at least it is socially acceptable for you to pour yourself a shot of Jamo, chase it with a Guinness, and drink straight through until Thursday.

Edit: Double post, but I'm going to leave the birthday wishes twice

Edited by Crisis
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

My bday’s on thurs but for sure no one wants to hear from me so the last thing I’ll ever do is create a GDT.  Happy bday MadDog, hope they get a win for you tonight.

Thanks aj. Happy (early) birthday to you!

Edited by MadDog2020

33 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

You're a brave man lol

31 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

You mean crazy. 

Hey, I have a good feeling about this one, guys.  After the way they lost to the Isles, you have to expect them to come out pissed off and take it out on probably the only team in the league that is in a worse way than we are.  And if they don't, I think it says a lot about the character of the team and reflects directly on what Severson said in his post game over the weekend.

• Like 1

I know Covid is fvcking with this season (and the players unfortunate enough to have come down with it)...but at this point, gotta think that Taylor Hall has firmly put himself in the "overrated" category.

Since scoring 39 goals in 76 GP in that incredibly memorable MVP season, he's managed 29 in 125 GP (19 G per 82 GP).  Two teams played better without him than with him last season...and Buffalo is yet another team that hasn't benefitted from his presence in the lineup.  Gotta wonder how much longer "former MVP" is going to mean something...and when teams start to say, "Maybe he isn't really as good as we keep thinking that he is."  

Sure, he's had some bad luck (2.8 shooting%)...but two goals in 27 GP?!  Nathan Bastian has managed to do that, in two less GP.  Zajac's gotten there in six less GP.

It just seems like for much of Hall's career, there's always some reason why he's not quite as productive as he "should" be.  There's even chatter about him being a possible deadline acquisition...I get why, but should any teams really expect him to make some major difference at this point?  Based on what...one amazing season?  The majority of the last several haven't come close to that.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I know Covid is fvcking with this season (and the players unfortunate enough to have come down with it)...but at this point, gotta think that Taylor Hall has firmly put himself in the "overrated" category.

Since scoring 39 goals in 76 GP in that incredibly memorable MVP season, he's managed 29 in 125 GP (19 G per 82 GP).  Two teams played better without him than with him last season...and Buffalo is yet another team that hasn't benefitted from his presence in the lineup.  Gotta wonder how much longer "former MVP" is going to mean something...and when teams start to say, "Maybe he isn't really as good as we keep thinking that he is."  

Sure, he's had some bad luck (2.8 shooting%)...but two goals in 27 GP?!  Nathan Bastian has managed to do that, in two less GP.  Zajac's gotten there in six less GP.

It just seems like for much of Hall's career, there's always some reason why he's not quite as productive as he "should" be.  There's even chatter about him being a possible deadline acquisition...I get why, but should any teams really expect him to make some major difference at this point?  Based on what...one amazing season?  The majority of the last several haven't come close to that.  

Crazy to think that we were praying for a 7-8 year contract not long ago. It appears we dodged a bullet. He did give us a hell of a fun year though

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Crazy to think that we were praying for a 7-8 year contract not long ago. It appears we dodged a bullet. He did give us a hell of a fun year though

That hell of a fun year is the reason I won't sell my Hall GWs.  I would still wear them to games.  That year was such a blast to watch...it's just a shame that he peaked.

I was willing to roll the dice on extending him, but yeah, dodged a bullet for sure.  He'll never get a mega-deal now.  

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It was pretty stupid of us. Granted his 2 goals in 27 games is low, but the guy never scored more than 27 goals I other than that season. He was only PPG or better 3 times, one being a 33 game season and one being a 45 game season. He was never what we wanted him to be, or what he was during that MVP year. 

That said, as much as we want to sh!t on him, he would be one point behind PZ for the team lead right now. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That hell of a fun year is the reason I won't sell my Hall GWs.  I would still wear them to games.  That year was such a blast to watch...it's just a shame that he peaked.

I was willing to roll the dice on extending him, but yeah, dodged a bullet for sure.  He'll never get a mega-deal now.  

No, I see him getting a string of 1-2 year deals, with good AAV. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

It was pretty stupid of us. Granted his 2 goals in 27 games is low, but the guy never scored more than 27 goals I other than that season. He was only PPG or better 3 times, one being a 33 game season and one being a 45 game season. He was never what we wanted him to be, or what he was during that MVP year. 

That said, as much as we want to sh!t on him, he would be one point behind PZ for the team lead right now. 

No, I see him getting a string of 1-2 year deals, with good AAV. 

Yeah, that’s what I think...short-term deals and a lot of bouncing around.  Think he’ll have played for 8+ teams by the time he hangs em up.

And if the Devils wanted to sign him for a deal similar to what Buffalo signed him for, I’d be fully on board.  Why the hell not?  Plenty of cap space, and if he ever put it together again (say, 50 or so points in 60 or so games) leading up to the deadline, you can get something back for him.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976