2021 Trade Deadline Thread April 12, 3pm ET

Chimaira_Devil_#9

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

All I'm saying - we have a sh*t load of cap space and our defensive depth is questionable at best.  Have been very lucky with the lack of injuries back there tbh.

He's (probably) a top4/5 guy at least right now, maybe a change of scenery would do him well.

I mean he's only got two more years left after this year on his current deal.  You could even flip him at some point in the future for something if he bounces back and we retain.  If he fails, just waive/bury him/buy him out.  We're not going to be in a cap crunch for a long while.

I'm not an NHL GM, clearly, but this is a no-brainer imo.

Edit: Assuming the owner group is up for it financially.

I thought he had 3 years left, at 2 years I think it’s even more of a shot worth taking. 

Could also be the answer to trading Kulikov if that is the route we take. 

Edited by mfitz804

55 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Pass. We need defensemen that can actually play D. 

True, no argument here.  We also need a defenseman who can help transition to offense and a defenseman who can....  we just need defensemen.  I think I’d be happy if he could just choose the right guy to take and lay down in front of him at the right times.  

is that lowering the bar too much?

Edited by AEWHistory

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Can we not post random fvckin internet speculation as fact? I thought a major trade happened.

Sure!!

1) Kulikov to Boston for their next 15 1st round picks

2) Milky Way to Nicomo in exchange for a good candy bar. 

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

That's not how you clearly define speculation. There's not even an internet rumor about it. 

"Palmieri on the move to Boston, assuming for a 2nd round pick?"

That's the exact same sentence structure, lol. 

Respectfully, your reading comprehension or lack thereof in this instance isn't my problem.  I'm not interested in getting into one of your famous pissing matches here. 

That's not apples to apples at all - I was pretty simply suggesting that Johnny hockey might be a target if the Flyers are able to move the necessary cap space via a waiver pickup here.  Waiving a roster player like this might suggest the Flyers have something cookin'.

I'll be sure to make it abundantly clear for you moving forward when I may be talking about a hypothetical situation on a freakin' message board.  C'mon man.

Edited by Devilsfan118

10 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Respectfully, your reading comprehension or lack thereof in this instance isn't my problem.  I'm not interested in getting into one of your famous pissing matches here. 

That's not apples to apples at all - I was pretty simply suggesting that Johnny hockey might be a target if the Flyers are able to move the necessary cap space via a waiver pickup here.  Waiving a roster player like this might suggest the Flyers have something cookin'.

I'll be sure to make it abundantly clear for you moving forward when I may be talking about a hypothetical situation on a freakin' message board.  C'mon man.

Fame is fame man, it looks good on you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I thought he had 3 years left, at 2 years I think it’s even more of a shot worth taking. 

Could also be the answer to trading Kulikov if that is the route we take. 

I'll bet Fitz is getting more calls on Kulikov than Sami at this time. We already have an offensive minded D-man sitting all year (Butcher) I wouldn't be pissed if we picked him up. I'm hoping for a Savard type guy or Gudbranson in the future. Maybe even 1 or 2 of our Bingo D men will be able to step in? (long shot)

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Told ya.

These dudes don’t get waived for no reason.

I suppose not. Though its not like nobody has ever been claimed off waivers before. 

Still, I'm surprised nobody took a shot. Dude used to be pretty prolific offensively, I would have thought some team with a hole might've thought it worth a try.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Same as Butcher, I guess. 

Pretty much. But their defense might be even worse honestly. 

Philly 123 GA in 34 GP

NJ 106 GA in 34 GP

now granted some that is probably Hart not being able to stop a beach ball, but still. It’s crazy how badly their defense has fallen apart. 

19 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Pretty much. But their defense might be even worse honestly. 

Philly 123 GA in 34 GP

NJ 106 GA in 34 GP

now granted some that is probably Hart not being able to stop a beach ball, but still. It’s crazy how badly their defense has fallen apart. 

In fairness, Butcher isn’t responsible for any of that lol. 

Philly D isn't that bad. Goaltending has been brutal. This team was pretty darn good at the start of the season. Hart lost his mojo. I love it.  Nothing kills a bench more than letting in softies.  

5 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

Philly D isn't that bad. Goaltending has been brutal. This team was pretty darn good at the start of the season. Hart lost his mojo. I love it.  Nothing kills a bench more than letting in softies.  

Another proof that goalies are simply inconsistent. they can be at the top of the world one year and sh!t the bed the next. we've been incredibly lucky with brodeur all these years

• Like 1