GDT: Devils @ Islanders: Round 2 7:00 PM MSG+, MSG+2

MadDog2020

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Dude, Kyle Palmieri is a fvcking straight up b!tch. Third time this game he went after Hughes away from the play, this time Hughes finally slashed him back. 

Can’t wait until that lazy fvcking scrub is out of the league. 

If the Devils resign palmieri for any dollar figure I will fvcking screech. 

There's zero chance we re-sign Palmieri

In Colorado and was unable to see this.

That’s a good thing.

What happened with Palms?  

11 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Lol, tumbleweeds. Everyone really is over this season.

Not much to talk about after that one but I’m excited to hopefully finish out on Monday against the Flyers on a high note.   As a fan, hopefully we get something like that one year where we killed Toronto the last night with Henrique and Palms both hitting 30, Zacha getting 2 points in his debut and Elias scoring at the end 

• Like 3

Just now, Lateralous said:

Not much to talk about after that one but I’m excited to hopefully finish out on Monday against the Flyers on a high note.   As a fan, hopefully we get something like that one year where we killed Toronto the last night with Henrique and Palms both hitting 30, Zacha getting 2 points in his debut and Elias scoring at the end 

I’m hoping for a 4 point game from Jack Hughes and Zacha stays off the scoresheet. 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In Colorado and was unable to see this.

That’s a good thing.

What happened with Palms?  

He ran into Blackwood on the goal. Seemed to say something to him after though, I imagine apologizing, but some others said he was being an ass away from the play too. I didn't see that myself so I can't comment on it.

Edited by NJDevils1214

6 hours ago, MB3 said:still worried about vancouver but it would take an epic losing streak for them to leapfrog the devils. 

Devils can’t control everything. They only think I worry about in that case is Hughes brothers story in van. I don’t like idea to draft Hughes, hope he will drafted before us and van. L Hughes is a great skater and I think he will “offense” pretty well, but he is a bad defenseman and  don’t understand how to do some standard things.  I don’t like idea to have two offensive type puck movers on the same left side, when we have so much defensemen on this flang for now. I know he can grow, but I saw Quinn Hughes games, and Vegas tortured him in playoff. And Quinn was a much better D in Luke years. If Devils didn’t draft Smith, I could say another words about needs and wishes. But we did draft Smith, we did draft Shakir after. Shakir is a way better D in pretty same age with better experience and play in better league. He will never have LHughes offensive potential, but he has a way better first pass. And we have Smith for another things. 

11 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

Man, why's Palm being such an ass tonight

Saw a replay of his goal and it looks like Bahl pushed him.

Can’t speak to the rest, but it sounds like he was going after Hughes quite a bit?  Guess he was trying to play with a little extra snarl (but coming off d!ck-ish in doing it)?

Guessing he’s frustrated...he clearly wanted to stick around and the Devils were only interested in keeping him on their terms (the right move), and now I think they’ve moved on completely...I thought there was a chance that Fitz could bring him back, but I think that ship has sailed (and I think Palms knows it).  But this has been a bad year for Palms all-around...if he doesn’t get on some kind of roll in the playoffs, he could very well become one of those guys who doesn’t get signed until late in the offseason...and when he finally does, it will be a “That’s it?” kind of deal.  

2 hours ago, Guadana said:

Devils can’t control everything. They only think I worry about in that case is Hughes brothers story in van. I don’t like idea to draft Hughes, hope he will drafted before us and van. L Hughes is a great skater and I think he will “offense” pretty well, but he is a bad defenseman and  don’t understand how to do some standard things.  I don’t like idea to have two offensive type puck movers on the same left side, when we have so much defensemen on this flang for now. I know he can grow, but I saw Quinn Hughes games, and Vegas tortured him in playoff. And Quinn was a much better D in Luke years. If Devils didn’t draft Smith, I could say another words about needs and wishes. But we did draft Smith, we did draft Shakir after. Shakir is a way better D in pretty same age with better experience and play in better league. He will never have LHughes offensive potential, but he has a way better first pass. And we have Smith for another things. 

I’m preparing for the inevitable Board meltdown when Hughes is still on the board and we pick someone else. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m preparing for the inevitable Board meltdown when Hughes is still on the board and we pick someone else. 

Bonus points if he gets picked up by Vancouver after we let him go

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Guadana said:

Yup, we need a complete defenseman, someone who is strong in board battles and can leverage, then find the open man. Only two guys who come somewhat close are PK and sometimes Sevs..  murrey?? Eh.. Oh yeah and someone who can put fear in a forechecker..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Saw a replay of his goal and it looks like Bahl pushed him.

Can’t speak to the rest, but it sounds like he was going after Hughes quite a bit?  Guess he was trying to play with a little extra snarl (but coming off d!ck-ish in doing it)?

Guessing he’s frustrated...he clearly wanted to stick around and the Devils were only interested in keeping him on their terms (the right move), and now I think they’ve moved on completely...I thought there was a chance that Fitz could bring him back, but I think that ship has sailed (and I think Palms knows it).  But this has been a bad year for Palms all-around...if he doesn’t get on some kind of roll in the playoffs, he could very well become one of those guys who doesn’t get signed until late in the offseason...and when he finally does, it will be a “That’s it?” kind of deal.  

I think Palmieri simply wanted to show his new teammates that he's turned the page, and what better way to do that than to knock around your old teammates (and score, too). You could tell that our guys, who are a little green around the gills, didn't know how to react to this situation.

Edited by Jerrydevil
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I think Palmieri simply wanted to show his new teammates that he's turned the page, and what better way to do that than to knock around your old teammates (and score, too). You could tell that our guys, who are a little green around the gills, didn't know how to react to this situation.

Yep. Nothing wrong with it either. There are no friends on the ice. The Islanders are trying to get in a playoff mindset. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

Yeah I’m sure he very much wants to salvage something out of what has been a very lost season for him.  For the last five seasons he’d been pretty consistent, in by the end of the season you knew what his rate numbers were going to be.  This year started slow and just never really got going for him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1