Kovy.

Mitico12

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Jack is on his way to becoming the most dynamic Devil, if he can stay healthy.  Last year he was a hell of a lot of fun to watch.  

I think he’s already there tbh. He takes over games and tilts the ice even more than prime Kovy, imo. 

There’s a million reasons to hate Kovy as a Devils fan and absolutely pass on bringing him in at age 39, but I will say this:

That man gave us the greatest non cup season in franchise history. Defeating the Phailures and Rags in back to back series is every Devils fan’s wet dream. Forever a legend.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, nessus said:

You really wonder how his career could have been different if he had spent more time surrounded by some talent.

I don't think that was his problem. The guy played with Marian Hossa, Slava Kozlov and Marc Savard. Maybe a year or two with Dany Heatley, too. He would have had a Hall of Fame career had his 30s been like his 20s.

6 minutes ago, devlman said:

There’s a million reasons to hate Kovy as a Devils fan and absolutely pass on bringing him in at age 39, but I will say this:

That man gave us the greatest non cup season in franchise history. Defeating the Phailures and Rags in back to back series is every Devils fan’s wet dream. Forever a legend.

We'll always have 2012. The stretch pass to Ponikarovsky to beat Philly in OT .... great moment.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

We'll always have 2012. The stretch pass to Ponikarovsky to beat Philly in OT .... great moment.

The insanely good powerplay goal at home against the Rags. Henrique it’s over. The goal vs Philly game 3. He was absolutely unstoppable that year.

Also I believe he fed Zajac for his ot goal game 6 v fla.

Edited by devlman

11 hours ago, devlman said:

The insanely good powerplay goal at home against the Rags. Henrique it’s over. The goal vs Philly game 3. He was absolutely unstoppable that year.

Also I believe he fed Zajac for his ot goal game 6 v fla.

And lets not forget, he was this phenomenal with a fvcked up back and its crazy he was even playing at the time!

11 hours ago, devlman said:

I will always appreciate what he did in 2012. No doubt. 

Edited by MadDog2020

On 6/10/2022 at 7:07 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

but yeah, not always “logical” who individual fans gravitate to.  

Colin White for me.
Bobby Holik until he signed with the Rangers for 9mm a year in 2002...  couldn't blame him, but also never forgave him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aylbert said:

Colin White for me.
Bobby Holik until he signed with the Rangers for 9mm a year in 2002...  couldn't blame him, but also never forgave him.

If you know your NJDevs history, you know I didn't forgive him lol. 

On 6/10/2022 at 11:38 PM, Jerrydevil said:

The dude was a highlight machine that playoff, in no particular order that come to mind:

Setup on Travis Zajac's game 6 OT goal against the Panthers: 

This badass goal against the Flyers, making Bryz his bitch:

Snipe from the point that really put the Flyers to bed:

This sick snipe against the Rangers:

Obviously, this insanely beautiful PP goal:

Just to pick a few of my favorites.

To the OP though - no.  He looked cooked with LA / Montreal, nothing left in the legs.  It's a faster game than it was during his prime.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, aylbert said:

Colin White for me.

I was a big Colin White fan, too. Some people might remember him more towards the end of his time in NJ, but those early years (especially pre-eye injury) he was actually really good. Guys like him, Madden, Pandolfo, etc really exemplified what those Devils teams were all about. 

I actually just got back a jersey from EPS not to long ago that I had done into a White - with a A. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I was a big Colin White fan, too. Some people might remember him more towards the end of his time in NJ, but those early years (especially pre-eye injury) he was actually really good. Guys like him, Madden, Pandolfo, etc really exemplified what those Devils teams were all about. 

I actually just got back a jersey from EPS not to long ago that I had done into a White - with a A. 

He was a favorite of mine as well. 

36 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Whitey was actually my friends’ kids’ hockey coach for a couple of seasons. He’s a really good dude. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

The dude was a highlight machine that playoff, in no particular order that come to mind:

Setup on Travis Zajac's game 6 OT goal against the Panthers: 

This badass goal against the Flyers, making Bryz his bitch:

Snipe from the point that really put the Flyers to bed:

This sick snipe against the Rangers:

Obviously, this insanely beautiful PP goal:

Just to pick a few of my favorites.

To the OP though - no.  He looked cooked with LA / Montreal, nothing left in the legs.  It's a faster game than it was during his prime.

That last powerplay goal… what a beautiful set up. Clarkson in the slot pulled everyone up leaving that seam cross crease to Kovy wide open. Thank god Recchi is gone.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Whitey was actually my friends’ kids’ hockey coach for a couple of seasons. He’s a really good dude. 

That’s awesome. I never hear anything but good things honestly. I love when Gomez talks about him on Chiclets lol. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

His early years were great but all things considered, he was a hell of a defenseman most of time even after the injury. He brought something this team has been lacking for a long time. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

His early years were great but all things considered, he was a hell of a defenseman most of time even after the injury. He brought something this team has been lacking for a long time. 

Yep. He was just flat out hard to play against for most of his career. 

Omg. I didn't read topic well. Trading 2nd for Fiala or Debrinkat, sign Gaudreau. Now that! I believe we should give Kuemper 7 years deal and hire Brodeur as a head coach. And of course bring back Lou as GM. I believe we should deal Holtz, Gritsyuk, Okhotiyk and Daws for Quinn Hughes. With unprotected first next year. 

Let's make crazy bingo.