2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I suspect he would pay in the $6 millions if Bratt were willing to lock in for a longer term. 

At any rate, at this point, really does feel like he's here for one year, maybe two max.  I could see one year and "I'm not re-signing with you, trade me".  Or of course two years and "I'm outta here and you can't do a thing about it."  I have no idea what's really going on (none of us do), but it feels like this got ugly.  Almost feels like Old School Lou right now.

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

At any rate, at this point, really does feel like he's here for one year, maybe two max.  I could see one year and "I'm not re-signing with you, trade me".  Or of course two years and "I'm outta here and you can't do a thing about it."  I have no idea what's really going on (none of us do), but it feels like this got ugly.  Almost feels like Old School Lou right now.

If that’s the case we should trade him ASAP while he’s probably at his highest value.

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If that’s the case we should trade him ASAP while he’s probably at his highest value.

Until we hear of an amicable resolution, I'm definitely not ruling this out.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I still suspect a deal will be worked out. 

That's still my default at this point (deal gets worked out), just didn't think it was going to get as contentious as it appears.  

Just now, Nicomo said:

We have him for 2 more years, I’m not in a real big rush to trade him for picks, and punt yet another season. If they can get a good NHLer for him that’s different. 

That’s exactly my thought, trading him now probably gets you something better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

My guess is that it’s so low because Fitz doesn’t want it to be accepted. Since it’ll establish some sort of baseline for the arbitrator, Fitz is hoping that a deal gets done and he wants to make the QO as unattractive an offer as possible.

That’s correct. Negotiating 101. 

I read that the arbitration filing is just for the 1 year deal that comes from the arbitration hearing.  Any long term deal offered to Bratt was probably at a lot higher AAV but in the case that this does go to arbitration, the value is just on this next season, which obviously comes in at a lower value as he is restricted.

6 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I read that the arbitration filing is just for the 1 year deal that comes from the arbitration hearing.  Any long term deal offered to Bratt was probably at a lot higher AAV but in the case that this does go to arbitration, the value is just on this next season, which obviously comes in at a lower value as he is restricted.

Yup. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

how can we trade a 4-time 30-point scorer for a “great player”? is he a throw-in?

:) 

Great joke.

Unfortunately it's proving Guadana is right though claiming that you don't know your sh!t though as much as most people here. Or else you wouldn't go silent like you do all the time

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Great joke.

Unfortunately it's proving Guadana is right though claiming that you don't know your sh!t though as much as most people here. Or else you wouldn't go silent like you do all the time

In MB3’s defense, I don’t think anyone that’s a frequent poster on a site like this should be labeled a “casual fan.” A casual fan probably couldn’t name 5 players on the team not named Jack Hughes or Nico Hischier. Some people might not spend countless hours breaking down prospects, or watching league’s outside of the NHL, but that doesn’t really make them a “casual.” We’re all pretty obsessed if we’re here lol. 

15 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

In MB3’s defense, I don’t think anyone that’s a frequent poster on a site like this should be labeled a “casual fan.” A casual fan probably couldn’t name 5 players on the team not named Jack Hughes or Nico Hischier. Some people might not spend countless hours breaking down prospects, or watching league’s outside of the NHL, but that doesn’t really make them a “casual.” We’re all pretty obsessed if we’re here lol. 

That's just me pushing his button desperately trying to get him to at least address that point he 's been ignoring countless times now. It appear like it worked finally. So i'd call that a succesful button pushing

13 minutes ago, MB3 said:

where is the off button on this fvcking wind-up toy? jesus. 

yes, sample size matters. no, you can't just take his point-per game in those seasons and extrapolate it to 82 GP since there's documented evidence that Jesper Bratt cannot score at a consistent rate over 82 GP. In his two best seasons (first and most recent) he had major, head-scratching, "is this guy even playing?" stretches of absolute incompetence. 

But even if you give him the benefit of the doubt and say "ah yeah he woulda kept that pace up all year despite the contrary evidence we have at our fingertips", it still shows a guy who's a fringe 50-point scorer with one good season, and I'm not giving that guy $8m per year. 

I can say that it's fair to say that he wouldn't have necessary hit 53 points in those seasons. But that's what his pace was, which is factual and important to bring up in a discussion when you're trying to establish the value of a player. It's also factual to say that he didn't score more than 35 points in 4 seasons of course, but it's dishonest not to bring up context and that in those season he missed 20 to 30+ games.

He got 30, 32, 33 points in those seasons. Do you honestly think that Bratt playing an extra 20 to 30 more games in those 3 seasons couldn't have scored 6, 4 and 3 points? That's just unfair. 

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I can say that it's fair to say that he wouldn't have necessary hit 53 points in those seasons. But that's what his pace was, which is factual and important to bring up in a discussion when you're trying to establish the value of a player. It's also factual to say that he didn't score more than 35 points in 4 seasons of course, but it's dishonest not to bring up context and that in those season he missed 20 to 30+ games.

He got 30, 32, 33 points in those seasons. Do you honestly think that Bratt playing an extra 20 to 30 more games in those 3 seasons couldn't have scored 6, 4 and 3 points? That's just unfair. 

We know the point he was making even though he didn't explicitly say it.  Take a breath.

Its ok situation. They are talking about one year deal on arbitration. Ot two years deal. And Fitz ofcourse want to down the price. Just imagine how attractive he will be on the 5 mil contract, especially if we will  take a part of this deal. You can easily trade him for multiple first rounds and top prospects. Its one side. Other side, I think, Fitz trying to down the price to make the actual one as low as Bratt will want not to sign because he will lose to much money. Its ok prearbitration game. 

Edited by Guadana

14 minutes ago, Crisis said:

We know the point he was making even though he didn't explicitly say it.  Take a breath.

Well i also simply asked him how many points he personally thought Bratt would score next season. Pretty basic question. Especially after someone making claims that he did.

Still didn't get an answer on that. I'm breathing fine. He's asking people to provide answers for him in order to accept arguing about it. It's the least thing to do to answer questions too then

18 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

I laugh at twitter Devils fans. How much they're willing to give Bratt? Seriously? He's asking for 6.5, Devils 4.1 yet, they'll give him 7 mil?  

Someone here is giving him a blank check so there's that POV as well. Try not to launch whatever you're drinking out of your nose.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

@pumpkin cutter see. It's pretty easy to spot who's reporting to DM 

I've never reported anything, I get a kick out of your narcissistic schtick 

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

@pumpkin cutter see. It's pretty easy to spot who's reporting to DM 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Okay then, Sorry if i didn't

Okay then, Sorry if i didn't