Sergei Brylin hired as Assistant coach

Nicomo

So Ruff is the head coach, Brunette is the associate coach, and McGill and Brylin are the assistants.  Are there any other teams with 4 coaches on the bench?

I can honestly say I've never paid attention to that.

Edited by Crisis

4 minutes ago, Crisis said:

So Ruff is the head coach, Brunette is the associate coach, and McGill and Brylin are the assistants.  Are there any other teams with 4 coaches on the bench?

https://www.nhlcoaches.com/nhl-coaches/

Senators have a head coach, two associates and an assistant

7 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Looks like they are keeping the leash on Ruff very short. They have a full crew if/when Brunette gets moved up. 

Also I love this move. Seems like a layup with how much Brylin has helped players coming up through the AHL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Looks like they are keeping the leash on Ruff very short. They have a full crew if/when Brunette gets moved up. 

Also I love this move. Seems like a layup with how much Brylin has helped players coming up through the AHL

Welcome aboard Howdov Doodov!

Yeah agree, the ice under Ruff's feet can't be much thinner.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Welcome aboard Howdov Doodov!

Yeah agree, the ice under Ruff's feet can't be much thinner.  

Thanks for that, now everyone at work is probably wondering why I am uncontrollably laughing out loud. 

I was already thinking Howdov Doodov, and it still landed anyway lol. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I could be wrong but i seem to remember that Guadana will not be a fan of this move

How? Brylin? He was helped players to develop.
He and Minsk guys help Sharangovich a lot.  Devils organisation have 7 russian players in KHL\MHL\VHL. And Okhotiuk in AHL. + Yegor. And only Zaitsev is look like he will not travel to NA. 
Even Maltsev wasnt look lost in his NHL time here. In general, he is a very well-mannered and intelligent person who played good positional hockey, and he has everything to share this experience.

Brylin is a typical person I like very much. Have a little chat with him.  But even more than with Gritsyuk and Barabosha.  Very happy for him. He was my number three candidate for stuff this year after Brunette and Warsofsky. I like McGill too. Fitz made a good job.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 7:48 PM, Guadana said:

How? Brylin? He was helped players to develop.
He and Minsk guys help Sharangovich a lot.  Devils organisation have 7 russian players in KHL\MHL\VHL. And Okhotiuk in AHL. + Yegor. And only Zaitsev is look like he will not travel to NA. 
Even Maltsev wasnt look lost in his NHL time here. In general, he is a very well-mannered and intelligent person who played good positional hockey, and he has everything to share this experience.

Brylin is a typical person I like very much. Have a little chat with him.  But even more than with Gritsyuk and Barabosha.  Very happy for him. He was my number three candidate for stuff this year after Brunette and Warsofsky. I like McGill too. Fitz made a good job.

I believe someone brought up an ex-devils as a rumour or suggestion to be an assistant coach and you said you didn't want that guy as an assistant coach. I thought it was him

Maybe i hallucinated the whole thing or maybe it was another player that i can't remember? Does that ring a bell at all to you?

Either way sorry for getting it wrong

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1