GDT: Devils @ Pittsburgh 7:00 PM MSGSN

MadDog2020

10 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Great job finishing the year on a positive note. A huge divisional game awaits on the first day of the new year. Keep the momentum boys. Happy New Year to everyone...even ajsgolf.

Yup, fvck December, time to start anew in 2023. Nice to go out on a high note. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Loughlin really giving it to Brendan Smith 🤣

Missed it…what did he say?  Heh heh 

26 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

He was clearly pushed from behind and the defenseman even used his right leg.  Whatever, dude.  You want to be upset because of the challenge so be it, but don’t tell me he was pushed when he was.

I was never upset about the challenge lol

And i can't tell you he was pushed when he was? what? haha As in i can't tell you it's snowing when its snowing? 

19 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

Dude, I know you don’t know what you are talking about.  It was Mercer’s skate that hit the goalies skate in that play.  And Mercer didn’t have to try and squeeze himself between the Defenseman and the Goalie.

Well dude i can admit when i'm wrong....

And i was wrong about this call when it happened. I also thought Mercer tripped him originally but it was reviewed and it was the Florida player who tripped him, plus it was outside the crease. And it's been pointed out in that GDT here. Its pointed out by various members that it was the florida stick and well it was said during the game by the ref. So yeah, now i do know what im talking about

1792736365_ScreenShot2022-12-30at10_58_34PM.png.7bdbbdc099be6011ce3465f6625061ea.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 10.59.03 PM.png

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The team just went 1-7-1, and he hasn’t exactly had tons of success here…it’s not like seasons haven’t fallen apart under his watch before (though to be fair it’s not ALL on him).

I suspect Brunette’s getting the HC gig next season anyway…Lindy’s not exactly on a long leash.  

I’m not happy with December, but I do believe this a playoff team.  That said, this team is going through adversity right now and it’s up to Ruff to help them through it.  I think he will get them back on track, get to the playoffs,  and they will be a better team for it.  They are one of the youngest teams in the league so we should expect what happened in December.  Calling for Ruff to be fired before game two, then apologizing, now thinking about it in the middle of a tied game is too much.

21 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Great job finishing the year on a positive note. A huge divisional game awaits on the first day of the new year. Keep the momentum boys. Happy New Year to everyone...even ajsgolf.

That was fvcking hilarious, appreciate it, same to you but you guys will still hate me in the new year.  14 more wins to go this year, hate that more than anything, trust me but for whatever fvcking reason this team just can’t be competitive, no one in the world hates that more than me, trust me.  I recently put a hole in my ceiling by taking a hard slap shot and on the follow through the blade went through the dry wall.

12 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

I’m not happy with December, but I do believe this a playoff team.  That said, this team is going through adversity right now and it’s up to Ruff to help them through it.  I think he will get them back on track, get to the playoffs,  and they will be a better team for it.  They are one of the youngest teams in the league so we should expect what happened in December.  Calling for Ruff to be fired before game two, then apologizing, now thinking about it in the middle of a tied game is too much.

I’ve said all along that I’m not really sure how much Ruff is truly contributing this year, compared to his first two seasons…I suspect his assistants are doing much of the heavy lifting.  That’s why I said that even if the Devils did let Ruff go sometime this season, it might not be much more than a “change for shakeup’s sake” kind of move, but given Brunette’s presence, I do think it’s a card Fitz could play if the team doesn’t show signs of stabilizing soon.  It’s going to take more than a one-game winning streak to prove that things are turning back around.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I love that we can argue after a loss or we can argue after a win. If our boys could have this kind of consistency, we’d have no problems. 

Actually I agree with Puckguy in that I think this team (especially when fully healthy) should be good enough to make the playoffs.  They just might need some kind of push or shock to get them there…especially if January bears any resemblance to December.

But at least they’re firmly in the race as the calendar year flips.  Slump or no slump, that’s a big step forward.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Actually I agree with Puckguy in that I think this team (especially when fully healthy) should be good enough to make the playoffs.  They just might need some kind of push or shock to get them there…especially if January bears any resemblance to December.

But at least they’re firmly in the race as the calendar year flips.  Slump or not slump, that’s a big step forward.

1 SOG 3rd line, ...

• Angry 1

4 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

1 SOG 3rd line, ...

Yikes…so only Boqvist?

Reading through the thread and the meltdowns by the usual suspects at 1-0 were priceless. :lol:

Anyway, great to see our best players taking over a game. Obviously Jack, Nico, and Dougie, but guys like Mercer, Boqvist, Severson, and Siegenthaler all had strong games as well. 

Rough night for Bahl and Haula (shocking). I’m starting to look forward to Bahl going back to Utica when Graves or Marino come back. 

37 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

That was fvcking hilarious, appreciate it, same to you but you guys will still hate me in the new year.  14 more wins to go this year, hate that more than anything, trust me but for whatever fvcking reason this team just can’t be competitive, no one in the world hates that more than me, trust me.  I recently put a hole in my ceiling by taking a hard slap shot and on the follow through the blade went through the dry wall.

Hey man, everyone on this board hates losing. We've had great great times with this team followed by unbelievable degradation that's hard to take. But they are coming back and no one promised it would be easy in a tough league and division. Bad teams don't go on 13 game winning streaks, but good and decent teams have tough stretches. I'm not a prophet, but I have a good feeling about their playoff chances even if it takes a wild card fight. 

P.S. Great shots. They need that on the PP

Happy New Year. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Reading through the thread and the meltdowns by the usual suspects at 1-0 were priceless. :lol:

Anyway, great to see our best players taking over a game. Obviously Jack, Nico, and Dougie, but guys like Mercer, Boqvist, Severson, and Siegenthaler all had strong games as well. 

Rough night for Bahl and Haula (shocking). I’m starting to look forward to Bahl going back to Utica when Graves or Marino come back. 

Yeah turns out that Bahl’s like that backup QB with intrigue…which quickly goes by the wayside as soon as you see him get an extended look.  Turns out he’s just not all that good.

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This is actually one of my fav thing to do on this board lol It's guaranteed fun

• Like 1