Kaapo Kakko career vs Jack Hughes 2022-23. JACK WINS!!!

Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

Oh wow 40 points how exciting! 

Adam Sandler Reaction GIF

Oh this will be made out to be some major milestone in Rangerland.  Count on it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

For a post that @Colorado Rockies 1976 started in mid-Jan, it’s amazing that this came down the the last shot of the season. Great idea for a thread.   That was fun laughing at the Rangers expense.  

The one real wrinkle that wound up making this so damned close was Jack missing four games.  If not for that, he more or less clinches this thing with 3-4 games left in the season.  But yeah it was fun as hell watching him pull this off…yet another highlight in a season full of them.

• Like 1

I do not pay attention to what NY does for the most part so this post kept me informed the last few months.

Thank you to everyone who kept this up to date and for the amusement.

I also saw today that combined their two lottery wins did not even outscore Nico, he got them by 1 point this season.

Amazing!

Edited by Patrick Sundstrom Ghost
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Interesting. I wasn’t aware he even played in that series. I thought maybe someone captured him trying to get his gold or something. 

Outside of a couple of shots on goal, yeah, barely noticed him.  I'm thinking he and Kakko get one more year, and if they don't show something more, one of them is gone.  

27 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I mean, at least he wasn't a minus!   

What makes it all the more comical is that he came into this series with 216 regular season games and 20 postseason games under his belt.  It's not like he's completely wet behind the ears at this point.

Though of course, not like Timo managed any points...but at least I NOTICED him.  

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

image.gif.94a958d2297d7d4da711efce760196d5.gif

So basically:

Two busts

Two goalies

And two defensemen

Wow that’s bad lmao

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And on a side note, talk about a very meh draft class in 1996…defenseman Chris Phillips was the 1OA in that draft, and wasn’t really expected to provide much offense, which he didn’t…288 points in 1179 GP, but he did spend his entire career with the Sens, suiting up for 17 seasons.

Dainius Zubrus (15OA in ‘96) put up 591 points in 1293 GP.  That point total ranked him fourth for that entire class.  Only one player (Matt Cullen) managed over 700 points for his career, and he needed over 1500 games to do it.  

38 minutes ago, jagknife said:

The. Kids. Are. Alright.

NHL Network assured me of this! Twice!

I know that line kinda sorta had something going for a little bit at one point…but good lord it was as though everyone kept grading them on that one run, and heaven forbid the friggin’ Kid Line should ever be broken up.  From 3/1 on they each played 22 games and combined for a whopping 28 points (Chytil and Kakko managed 9 each, with Lafrenière putting up 10)…and in the playoffs, as a group they collected 6 points in their series loss to the Devils (with Lafrenière of course racking up plenty of zeroes).  So over their final 29 games played in 2023, they managed 34 points.  WTF am I missing here?!

Seriously, if I had a dime for every time I heard or read

“But the Rangers shouldn’t break up the Kid Line!”

”The Rangers really want to keep those three together!”

I say “WHYYYYYYY?!”  Can those who cover the NHL just do the slightest bit of homework?!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

Because it's the Rags and reason and sanity do not apply.

It is funny how the media actually gives Toronto a lot of sh!t but somehow, year after year, the Rags skate by with much less criticism despite, possibly, being managed even more poorly.

Bettman must have gotten tired of Dolan calling him complaining about the harsh criticism so he told his boys in the media to tone it down. It's the rags!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...