GDT - Devils at Nashville 1/26/23 - 8pm MSGSN

Satans Hockey

Is it just me, or did it seem like dougie would litteraly rather be anywhere else tonight? Completely uninterested play, pucks passing him, turnovers from what looked like he was just going through the motions out there. I'd make him watch this tape and sit in the managers box next game.

Just now, SeanMac16 said:

Is it just me, or did it seem like dougie would litteraly rather be anywhere else tonight? Completely uninterested play, pucks passing him, turnovers from what looked like he was just going through the motions out there. I'd make him watch this tape and sit in the managers box next game.

It’s called a bad game

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

We’re on to Dallas

First a bag practice for the defense. We are going to get chewed up 5-1 or 6-3 again if the defense is that bad. 

I'd even call up someone else to play with Bahl tomorrow and sit Okhotyuk and Smith. Horrible. 

Edited by RizzMB30

1 minute ago, SeanMac16 said:

It's just you. There are plenty of defenders who deserve to sit and Douglas isn't one of them

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SeanMac16 said:

I felt he was our best D-man out there, a few turnovers, but he was the only D man who could get the puck up the ice for us tonight. Nobody else could make a tape to tape pass. 

If there was a turnover that he caused, he worked to either get it back or up the ice. Okhotyuk on the other hand looked outclassed, wasn't winning his board battles, and was particularly slow coming out of or off of the boards. Horrible game for him. He's looked okay and even looked like a decent possesion/shooting driver the last few games with some solid pinches here and there and just getting the shot on net. Not tonight. 

Edited by RizzMB30

Just now, Devils01 said:

It’s called a bad game

A bad game would at least still look like you're trying l, but just not getting the bounces, he was gliding around out there like I said "going through the motions" 

1 minute ago, SeanMac16 said:

A bad game would at least still look like you're trying l, but just not getting the bounces, he was gliding around out there like I said "going through the motions" 

Bruh he got 3 assists and won us the last 2 games what do you expect from the guy? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

It's just you. There are plenty of defenders who deserve to sit and Douglas isn't one of them

I agree our whole defense was trash, I know the hype on Douglas is high right now with the last two games and I was expecting to get flamed a bit but it looked like to me he really wasn't trying. I'm bringing him up because he's our #1 on defense. Being the best defenseman on the ice that we saw tonight is still pretty rough

6 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

First a bag practice for the defense. We are going to get chewed up 5-1 or 6-3 again if the defense is that bad. 

I'd even call up someone else (maybe his name rhymes with sammich) to play with Bahl tomorrow and sit Okhotyuk and Smith. Horrible. 

Lindy will never bench smith because he’s known as a “leader” and someone with “experience”

2 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

Bruh he got 3 assists and won us the last 2 games what do you expect from the guy? 

I said this game he was bad, not this season. Sure he was a hero in the last two, but TONIGHTS game since that's the topic we're talking about, he looked pretty unamused. We can agree to disagree, im just giving my opinion like we all are here. 

Oh well…this was their third road regulation loss.  That I can’t get mad about.

The sloppiness was infuriating.

I’m pretty sure what few remaining supporters Seves might have still had (wherever they may be) have jumped ship.  Just finish your career out with bad teams…that’s where you belong.

I give Mac a pass tonight, he got left out to dry to an absurd degree.

Kinda sucks knowing the Devils still employ a head coach even more worthless than DBA, but there’s solid assistants here at least and there’s some fine young talent…they will keep banking points.  Just looking forward to when the job is Brunette’s.  

• Like 2

I said this game he was bad, not this season. Sure he was a hero in the last two, but TONIGHTS game since that's the topic we're talking about, he looked pretty unamused. We can agree to disagree, im just giving my opinion like we all are here. 

Wtv you say.. I only said he had a bad game compared to his other games. Realistically speaking he didn’t have a terrible game. Sure he was out of position and got caught a few times. But the whole D was slow. Again, 3 assists and +2 tonight. Graves and serverson were much worse tonight if you wana sh!t on someone.

11 minutes ago, SeanMac16 said:

I think the combination of his size and the way he skates, he’s always going to be one of those guys that looks like they are giving way less effort than they really are.   Jeff Carter was like that too.   

Edited by Lateralous

Just now, Devils01 said:

Wtv you say.. I only said he had a bad game compared to his other games. Realistically speaking he didn’t have a terrible game. Sure he was out of position and got caught a few times. But the whole D was slow. Again, 3 assists and +2 tonight. Graves and serverson were much worse tonight if you wana sh!t on someone.

Yeah I mean you're not wrong they were worse, like I said I only really brought him up because he was the guy I was practically staring at when he was on the ice (because of the last 2 games heroics) and what I saw in those final minutes is what made me go after him I guess. But I in no way think he was the worst player out there tonight, those words kind of just got put in my mouth after my first comment.

Yeah I mean you're not wrong they were worse, like I said I only really brought him up because he was the guy I was practically staring at when he was on the ice (because of the last 2 games heroics) and what I saw in those final minutes is what made me go after him I guess. But I in no way think he was the worst player out there tonight, those words kind of just got put in my mouth after my first comment.

Never put any words in your mouth. I made a statement not an assumption. 

1 minute ago, Devils01 said:

Never put any words in your mouth. I made a statement not an assumption. 

I didn't say you did, But it seemed like the narrative was that I thought dougie, was the worst player out there today based on some of the responses. 

Edited by SeanMac16
I'm dumb

4 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

That I’ll agree with you

It's nice to debate with another fan. I know there's been some rivalries on this board, im taking none of the flaming to heart and obviously respect you and your opinions of the game, I usually never post, I lurk though almost every game. I should post more I feel like I always see you guys talk and I know all of your opinions but you guys barely know me and I've been on this board since like 2011 lol

Edited by SeanMac16
I'm still dumb
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SeanMac16 said:

I agree with you. He looks disinterested with defensive responsibilities at times.