Timo’s a Devil!! 13 pieces in Trade!

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, Fansinz88 said:

Best teams get bounced early because best teams face off against beat teams too early. With the 8 team format we still faced rivals deep in playoffs. Ramps it up even more. 

I don’t see how the league thinks it’s awesome that two of the top five teams in the league will be home after round 1. How is that good for the sport?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t see how the league thinks it’s awesome that two of the top five teams in the league will be home after round 1. How is that good for the sport?

I agree that the current playoff format sucks, but the playoff matchups are actually the same this year in a 1-8 format as well: 1. BOS vs 8. PIT, 2. CAR vs 7. BUF, 3. NJD vs 6. NYR, 4. TOR vs 5. TB

Only real solution for this year would be a 1-16 format since the East is so loaded this year, but I do want the league to go back to the 1-8 format ASAP, nobody likes the divisional wild card set-up we have now.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

I agree that the current playoff format sucks, but the playoff matchups are actually the same this year in a 1-8 format as well: 1. BOS vs 8. PIT, 2. CAR vs 7. BUF, 3. NJD vs 6. NYR, 4. TOR vs 5. TB

Only real solution for this year would be a 1-16 format since the East is so loaded this year, but I do want the league to go back to the 1-8 format ASAP, nobody likes the divisional wild card set-up we have now.

Isles and Pit are wild card 1 and 2, otherwise yeah it’s similar. The reseeding in the second round is key, it allows the 1-2 seeds to stay separate. I’d love 1-16 but I can’t see the league ever going for that travel schedule 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Isles and Pit are wild card 1 and 2, otherwise yeah it’s similar. The reseeding in the second round is key, it allows the 1-2 seeds to stay separate. I’d love 1-16 but I can’t see the league ever going for that travel schedule 

Yes, I liked the reseeding. 1 through 8 was great. You want teams to be able to face their rival in a conference final.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Sometimes one conference will be that much more loaded than the other...is what it is.  But yeah, 1-8 with re-seeding please...especially since like others have just pointed out, I like the fact that a 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 matchup can't happen until the conference finals.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s stupid. I’ve always hated the format and the 8 team format was by far better. I also don’t like the shootout. I’ll live with 3 on 3 overtime but the shootout has to go. If you can’t score 3 on 3 neither of you deserve the extra point. Most popular sport in the world (soccer/football) which I watch has ties/draws. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I was going by Points% which puts BUF into 7th and PIT into 8th. The reseeding is definitely the big kicker, I remember back when they reintroduced this crappy format it was with the hope the NHL could have it's own Bracket Challenge type thing that March Madness has, but it's just not worth making the playoffs an overall worse product by knocking out top teams sooner into the postseason.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SC Devs Fan said:

To those wanting Tatar, remember his reputation is that of a regular season performer who disappears during the playoffs. I'd like to see him keep his excellent regular season up before committing to him. 

It's not like he's an offensive dynamo now...closer to a pitch-in type.  And I'm definitely not paying too much for him...for me, no more than $3.5 million, and that's only if his play doesn't drop off.  

37 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

I was going by Points% which puts BUF into 7th and PIT into 8th. The reseeding is definitely the big kicker, I remember back when they reintroduced this crappy format it was with the hope the NHL could have it's own Bracket Challenge type thing that March Madness has, but it's just not worth making the playoffs an overall worse product by knocking out top teams sooner into the postseason.

Another example of the NHL trying too hard to be other sports instead of embracing what makes it unique 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It's not like he's an offensive dynamo now...closer to a pitch-in type.  And I'm definitely not paying too much for him...for me, no more than $3.5 million, and that's only if his play doesn't drop off.  

If we could keep him here for two more seasons for $7M total, that would be very good. Given a choice between paying Tatar or Graves (if that's a choice), I would pay Tatar and both guys have been important contributors. 

Speaking of Graves, do you think the Devils will bring back one of Severson or Graves? Or will both be elsewhere with the Devils making room for Luke Hughes and Nemec?

11 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

If we could keep him here for two more seasons for $7M total, that would be very good. Given a choice between paying Tatar or Graves (if that's a choice), I would pay Tatar and both guys have been important contributors. 

Speaking of Graves, do you think the Devils will bring back one of Severson or Graves? Or will both be elsewhere with the Devils making room for Luke Hughes and Nemec?

I think Seves is 100% gone (and I think he knows it too).  I think Fitz wouldn't mind keeping Graves but can't imagine that he doesn't test the market...and he'll get $5+ million in UFA easily.  Don't see the Devils matching that...posted this in another thread but I see L Hughes and Nemec making the team and Bratt and Meier being re-signed for about $18 million combined.  That will leave about $16 - 16.5 million to spend on 9 more contracts.  That's actually very doable (most of the guys needing contracts will be 3rd and 4th liners, and a bottom-pair defenseman), but allocating more than $3.5 million or so to more than one player will be difficult to pull off.  That's why I think Tatar has the better chance to stick around, between Tatar and Graves.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Has anyone posted here that ANA claimed Harrington off waivers?

Guess the Ducks were the first ones to reach into the mystery bag of pucks that came with Timo heh heh...

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Scott Harrington will be remembered alongside such Devils legends as Trent Hunter and Eric Comrie. It’s an exclusive club 🤣

Don't forget Marc Savard.

• Like 1