GDT: Game 2 - Rangers @ Devils - 20 Apr - 730p - TBS/MSG

jagknife

Just now, Nicomo said:

These players aren’t losers. 

Agreed 100%.

The coach is.  Might be a swell guy, but not a guy to lead and not a winner.

• Like 2

Just now, smelly said:

And looking like the last game at the Rock for Wood, Severson, Graves, Sharangovich, Mac. 

Good riddance, all (unless Severson comes cheap which he won’t). 

Tatar maybe also - wouldn’t mind seeing him back on reasonable deal 

I never want to see Miles wood on this team ever again. Everyone but Lindy the Lost knew he was gonna take another boneheaded penalty. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

The Devils just don't know how to adjust and keep playing the same unsuccessful game. Plus Wood and Smith are just hurting the team even more with their stupidity and Palat, Hamilton, Mercer, and Bratt are far from their best. 

Are they playing? 

Just now, Fansinz88 said:

They are getting their a$$es handed to them does it really matter about heart or balls or whatever. They are professionals with a season that brought 112 points and 52 wins both team records and this is what happens? It’s just pathetic. Losing is one thing but losing like this 2 games in a row is effng sad. 

Sad, but wait till brilliant Bruins get kicked out after the first round. The season doesn't matter any more. 

This is the learning curve. It sucks that it's happening against the Rangers. Many, many posters in here didn't want the Rangers as a matchup for this very reason.

Let's see what the third period looks like. I want to be a fly in the Devil locker room to hear what Nico and Jack have to say. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Taking Marino out would be insane. 

Sorry, totally disagree. Sitting here live it is obvious that he has been totally overmatched physically along the end boards EVERY time. He has lost puck after puck because he just gets smashed. Watch that this period I am sure you will see. And his judgment has been horrid. He gets the hook. 

And I love the guy, and have a soft spot for him because we have the same alma mater. 

Edited by smelly

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I never want to see Miles wood on this team ever again. Everyone but Lindy the Lost knew he was gonna take another boneheaded penalty. 

It really does suck having such an overwhelmed amateur head coach in charge of such talent.  The fact that the Devils managed 112 points with such a useless stiff in charge has me optimistic what an actual thinking head coach will get out of them.

• Like 1

I haven’t posted in like a decade maybe more but have followed .  Felt like Ruff got a lot of unnecessary flak here for someone that led (yes many will say he was a passenger) a 49 point turnaround.  And no I don’t think if Hughes Bo or Seigs were in we’d be winning this game.   But I think the Peter Principle is now in effect for Ruff. Time for a cushy front office job.  Brunette hasn’t impressed either.  Hope they go ba**s out for rest of game and series—give Luke some experience and re-engineer the coaching staff. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

This is the learning curve. It sucks that it's happening against the Rangers. Many, many posters in here didn't want the Rangers as a matchup for this very reason.

Let's see what the third period looks like. I want to be a fly in the Devil locker room to hear what Nico and Jack have to say. 

I hope someone threw a fvcking Gatorade cooler across the room.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It really does suck having such an overwhelmed amateur head coach in charge of such talent.  The fact that the Devils managed 112 points with such a useless stiff in charge has me optimistic what an actual thinking head coach will get out of them.

If Tom makes the move. No guarantee there.

1 minute ago, slasher72 said:

Ruff could have the greatest goaltender of all time and still not win when it matters. Oh wait lol

“We all know the truth… NO GOAL” - Lindy Ruff, days after the cup was lost, at a Sabres LOSS RALLY. Loser coach + loser city = solidification of a loser mentality 

Just now, jagknife said:

Lindy Ruff is a regular season coach, at best. He is not a coach you want to lead a team through the post season. The game moves too fast for him to keep up, especially since he doesn’t adjust, anything, other than line blending.

He IS the problem. 

Let me make a prediction. They’ll come out flying, score a quick goal, tilt the ice and Shesterkin will shut the door...at least I'd like to see this.