GDT: Game 2 - Rangers @ Devils - 20 Apr - 730p - TBS/MSG

jagknife

Copying and pasting my post from hf so doesn't necessarily apply to everyone here but most of it still fits...

Can't stand the giving up, gonna get swept comments, I knew I should have just avoided reading anything. It's a 7 game fvcking series, come out tomorrow and win, put some doubt in their heads, pressure is on them to win at home for game 4 then, win that, boom tied 2-2.

fvcking horrifying when my normal negative ass is one of the few positive ones still remaining. They have nothing left to lose, they are gonna go all out tomorrow and grab the win. 

Doing a look at teams that got smacked around at home the first two games to see how they did since 2000...

Washington at Tampa conference finals

Tampa smacked around 4-2 and 6-2 at home in games 1/2 and then won the next 3 but then lost 6/7. 

1st round 

Montreal at Boston

Boston drops the first 2 games at home 2-0 and 3-1. Win the next two and then win in 7. Also win the cup. 

1st round

Washington at Tampa 

Tampa lost the first 2 games at home 3-0 and 6-3 then Tampa won the next 4.

2nd round 

Pittsburgh at Philadelphia 

Philly lost the first 2 games at home 2-0 and 4-1 and then won the next 4

Does it happen a lot? Obviously not but this team has shown heart and bounce back all year. Sure they are in a hole but it ain't over till it's actually over. 

Maybe they'll come out with some pride tomorrow night and score some fvcking goals, maybe they won't. 

Saying you're not gonna watch a fvcking playoff game after nearly a full fvcking decade of absolutely meaningless games is more embarrassing than losing. fvcking grow up and watch the god damn game. 

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 5

@Satans Hockey I'm not giving up and deep down I don't truly believe that anyone else either...but damn those were just brutal losses.  Neither one really offered much to build on, which is the most disheartening part...say the Devils had managed sustained pressure throughout the third last night and the score was 4-3 Rangers, then the Devils pull their goalie and have a couple of almost moments before the Rangers ice the game with an empty-netter...even still being down 0-2, I'd be thinking, "OK, finally breaking through, if they can stay out of the box, maybe they can take the next one, and then we'll see."  There would at least be signs of progress.  

But the Rangers clearly have the Devils figured out at the moment, and it's not like the coaching staff here is renowned for its ability to make adjustments and come up with Plan Bs and Plan Cs as well as some other staffs can.  On one of the power plays, I watched Kreider basically set up unencumbered, going back and forth as needed, just patiently waiting for the puck that he knew was coming his way in time.  With no one near him, let alone attempting to make any contact.

Pretty much a game at a time, more so than ever right now...find a way to make it 2-1.  Then at least Game 4 will have some buzz to it, and we'll see where it goes from there.  But based on what I've seen so far, I'm definitely more hoping for a win, than banking one.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, devlman said:

I have to say that I am grateful for this forum and you all. To know that there are others out there who are absolutely miserable and disgusted is really therapeutic. Because I am absolutely sickened with hockey right now.

Work is tough today. Motivation is low. Just in a foul mood. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

@Satans Hockey I'm not giving up and deep down I don't truly believe that anyone else either...but damn those were just brutal losses.  Neither one really offered much to build on, which is the most disheartening part...say the Devils had managed sustained pressure throughout the third last night and the score was 4-3 Rangers, then the Devils pull their goalie and have a couple of almost moments before the Rangers ice the game with an empty-netter...even still being down 0-2, I'd be thinking, "OK, finally breaking through, if they can stay out of the box, maybe they can take the next one, and then we'll see."  There would at least be signs of progress.  

But the Rangers clearly have the Devils figured out at the moment, and it's not like the coaching staff here is renowned for its ability to make adjustments and come up with Plan Bs and Plan Cs as well as some other staffs can.  On one of the power plays, I watched Kreider basically set up unencumbered, going back and forth

Pretty much a game at a time, more so than ever right now...find a way to make it 2-1.  Then at least Game 4 will have some buzz to it, and we'll see where it goes from there.  But based on what I've seen so far, I'm definitely more hoping for a win, than banking one.  

Definitely more giving up over on HF, just infuriating. I know this sh!t sucks but after the decade of watching some absolute dog sh!t players and absolutely meaningless hockey I'll take this season and playoffs any year over that miserable nothingness and people more excited about the boring ass draft vs actual games. 

I was lucky again last night, no idiots sitting near me and was mainly Devils fans. I've calmed down over the years but if someone threw something at me I'd snap and lose my sh!t and I don't care what the end results are.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, devlman said:

I have to say that I am grateful for this forum and you all. To know that there are others out there who are absolutely miserable and disgusted is really therapeutic. Because I am absolutely sickened with hockey right now.

I'm definitely disgusted with these last two games (and having to deal with one of the worst and flat-out dumbest fanbases in all of pro sports), but not with the overall state of the team.  That one vital ingredient to sustained relevance - TALENT - is here.  More is on its way.  It's hard to imagine fully lost seasons like we saw prior to this one will rear their ugly heads again.  That's a big part of the battle right there.

Now Fitz will have to find a real coach and tweak the roster, especially once the "intended" core fully settles in.  He'll have to assemble the right supporting cast.  Still work to be done, but at least it's not hoping for the lottery to work out in the Devils' favor.  Or bringing in guys we know are simply passing through, to be "flipped for future picks".  It may not feel like it right this second, but things are a hell of a lot better than they were a year ago.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I was lucky again last night, no idiots sitting near me and was mainly Devils fans. I've calmed down over the years but if someone threw something at me I'd snap and lose my sh!t and I don't care what the end results are.

I'm glad that guy didn't lose it, honestly, even if I could've understood why.  I was in 225 (Row 7) and that guy was in 226 (a few rows ahead, on my right)...there were a LOT of Rangers fans there, in 226, and being the dopes that they are, too many of them were ready to get their "comrade's" back, without even knowing what had happened (or in some cases, not even caring that he was clearly in the wrong).  It really could've gotten ugly, with a LOT of people involved.  Concrete steps...metal railing...no security nearby...not to mention there were youngins there...not good.

32 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm glad that guy didn't lose it, honestly, even if I could've understood why.  I was in 225 (Row 7) and that guy was in 226 (a few rows ahead, on my right)...there were a LOT of Rangers fans there, in 226, and being the dopes that they are, too many of them were ready to get their "comrade's" back, without even knowing what had happened (or in some cases, not even caring that he was clearly in the wrong).  It really could've gotten ugly, with a LOT of people involved.  Concrete steps...metal railing...no security nearby...not to mention there were youngins there...not good.

Yeah it’s not worth it. He called him out and made it known he was an a$$hole. That’s enough to stand up for yourself. Violence there is just not worth it over a drink.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Looks like Smith is staying in. Vanecek is most likely starting. Wood who knows. Haula with Hughes again…. I mean Haula has been much better but on the second line over Timo? This is probably fine, I just don’t trust anything Ruff does anymore. 

everyday+im+shufflin.gif

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

“We wanted more physicality, we wanted to get (Smith) in there,” Ruff said. “He’s been a good player for us all year. Lots of heart, physicality, former Ranger. I thought he played well. Really wasn’t anything about his game that was something you would dislike.”

Fire this a$$hole.

fvcking idiot!

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

everyday+im+shufflin.gif

I can’t believe this idiot is still trying to figure out the lines.  The kid line stayed together pretty much all year despite their ups and downs and this guy is shuffling like this team it’s a deck cards.  He’s playing 21 and it’s a bust.

31 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Looks like Smith is staying in. Vanecek is most likely starting. Wood who knows. Haula with Hughes again…. I mean Haula has been much better but on the second line over Timo? This is probably fine, I just don’t trust anything Ruff does anymore. 

It doesn’t matter what he does.  It’s the system.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s an insult to fvcking idiots.

No kidding.  I can’t believe he is still changing lines three games into the series.  He’s not even making adjustments to one line, he’s shuffling the entire roster!  That’s insane!  When are they supposed to develop any chemistry?  I also think that it’s a horrible decision to healthy scratch regulars during the playoffs.  It just shows they are not responding to him if he feels compelled to punish regulars during the playoffs.

• Like 2

Brendan Smith and Miles Wood will single-handedly cost us this series. There is NO way they should be dressed. VV also isn’t looking like he’ll magically turn things around either. Things get more depressing…

Edited by devlman

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Copying and pasting my post from hf so doesn't necessarily apply to everyone here but most of it still fits...

Can't stand the giving up, gonna get swept comments, I knew I should have just avoided reading anything. It's a 7 game fvcking series, come out tomorrow and win, put some doubt in their heads, pressure is on them to win at home for game 4 then, win that, boom tied 2-2.

fvcking horrifying when my normal negative ass is one of the few positive ones still remaining. They have nothing left to lose, they are gonna go all out tomorrow and grab the win. 

Doing a look at teams that got smacked around at home the first two games to see how they did since 2000...

Washington at Tampa conference finals

Tampa smacked around 4-2 and 6-2 at home in games 1/2 and then won the next 3 but then lost 6/7. 

1st round 

Montreal at Boston

Boston drops the first 2 games at home 2-0 and 3-1. Win the next two and then win in 7. Also win the cup. 

1st round

Washington at Tampa 

Tampa lost the first 2 games at home 3-0 and 6-3 then Tampa won the next 4.

2nd round 

Pittsburgh at Philadelphia 

Philly lost the first 2 games at home 2-0 and 4-1 and then won the next 4

Does it happen a lot? Obviously not but this team has shown heart and bounce back all year. Sure they are in a hole but it ain't over till it's actually over. 

Maybe they'll come out with some pride tomorrow night and score some fvcking goals, maybe they won't. 

Saying you're not gonna watch a fvcking playoff game after nearly a full fvcking decade of absolutely meaningless games is more embarrassing than losing. fvcking grow up and watch the god damn game. 

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

I don’t thinks they are getting swept, but the fact that Ruff is still juggling lines is an issue.  I also think health scratching Siegs is ridiculous, especially, in favor of Smith.  Game 1 plenty of players had a bad game and singling out one is a crock of sh!t.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

There has to be someone on this coaching staff who can tell the others that PIMs for PIMs sake doesn't make the team tougher or anything, it just makes us look like fools giving up powerplays left and right. 

Last I saw the Rangers had 6 PP.  That is lack of discipline and that is all Ruff.

6 hours ago, devlman said:

I knew this sh!t would happen. You all wanted the Rags. I prayed for any scenario where we could avoid them.

All our young players experiencing the playoffs for the first time are seeing a crowd of blue at home given every chance to cheer. What a dejecting failure and embarrassing look for our franchise. Why couldn’t we have beaten Buffalo and taken the division??

Honestly i just hope that this doesn’t turn Meier away from wanting to re sign with us.