GDT: Game 4 Devils @ The Bad Guys, 7:00 pm

Colorado Rockies 1976

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I’ll admit I got pretty down after game 2 and felt like it was probably over. I’ll gladly take my walk of shame!

image.gif.22f8989654ded6d3c56d057596657249.gif

I was definitely remaining stubbornly hopeful, but I can understand why some fans got down and felt like this thing might end in 4 or 5...as someone who went to both of those losses, I can tell you it was probably more brutal watching that sh!t in person than it was watching it on TV.  Especially with the most abrasive fanbase in the NHL making their presence known.  And seeing friggin' punchable-faced Kreider just hanging out near the net with no fear of contact...

I get on Lindy plenty obviously, and swapping out Siegs for Smith in Game 2 was damned near unforgivable, but going to Schmid and benching Wood and Smith for the last two games were terrific personnel decisions.  On some levels I do feel a little for VV, but like many have said, the playoffs come at you fast, and Lindy did give VV a redemption game...sometimes you gotta make that bold call and just hope that it works out.  At least Lindy (with input from others) was willing to make it.  

• Like 3

Dear New Jersey Devils players:

As a sign of appreciation for last night's victory, I would like to shower you all with kisses on the face and mouth.  Please contact my assistant for scheduling.

Ah, what the heck...coaching staff, too.  But forehead only...except for Lindy.

Yours,

NJCroMag

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I was definitely remaining stubbornly hopeful

I'll admit, after game 2, I was not.  I was just dead inside.   

In fairness, I don't remember ever seeing a team so ill prepared for playoff hockey figure it out so quickly.    This group is pretty amazing

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Sorry, I'm going lol

So if they lose...it's YOUR fault!  Heh heh

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I'll admit, after game 2, I was not.  I was just dead inside.   

In fairness, I don't remember ever seeing a team so ill prepared for playoff hockey figure it out so quickly.    This group is pretty amazing

Yeah I can't say I was feeling confident.  Just blindly hopeful.  Didn't want to believe such a fun and promising season was going to end on such a down note.

Yeah, they went from looking like a team that was going to need to learn a very tough lesson for future postseasons to settling in and looking relatively comfortable and seasoned, pretty much overnight.  Hell of a turnaround.  

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Not a superstitious person, that stuffs not healthy and this series has been stressful enough lol

I'm not really either.  Not most of the time.  I would probably go but I spent a boatload on Games 1 and 2 already.  I'm hopeful that I might need some money for the next round...

• EvilHeart 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm not really either.  Not most of the time.  I would probably go but I spent a boatload on Games 1 and 2 already.  I'm hopeful that I might need some money for the next round...

Should keep an eye on the prices, I feel like they could really drop before the game since nobody can win the series 

16 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Should keep an eye on the prices, I feel like they could really drop before the game since nobody can win the series 

The other reason is that my daughter takes tennis lessons on Mondays and Thursdays...I've pulled her out of practice here and there for the Devils (including last Thursday).  Don't want to make TOO much of a habit of doing that, heh heh.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJCroMag said:

Dear New Jersey Devils players:

As a sign of appreciation for last night's victory, I would like to shower you all with kisses on the face and mouth.  Please contact my assistant for scheduling.

Ah, what the heck...coaching staff, too.  But forehead only...except for Lindy.

Yours,

NJCroMag

Really good to see you again. Been way too long. 🙂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, devlman said:

I wonder if the two days off instead of one hurts or helps us. On one hand you’d like the momentum to continue while the Rags are reeling. But then again you also want to practice some things..

If we blew the Rangers out, I'd be more worried.    We got our asses kicked in the first two...   we slugged it out for the next two to tie it up.   I'm hoping we can have a fresh start and play our game with Game 5...   and end this thing in 6.

• Like 2
  • EvilHeart 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The other reason is that my daughter takes tennis lessons on Mondays and Thursdays...I've pulled her out of practice here and there for the Devils (including last Thursday).  Don't want to make TOO much of a habit of doing that, heh heh.  

Ok I caved.  I bought tix.  Not going to tell her until just before we leave.  Make it a total surprise.

• Like 2
  • EvilHeart 2

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Not a superstitious person, that stuffs not healthy and this series has been stressful enough lol

I’m very superstitious… I put the shirt back on that I was wearing when we won Saturday, it will be back for Thursday, too. And no, it won’t be washed either…

I’m mental

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I’m very superstitious… I put the shirt back on that I was wearing when we won Saturday, it will be back for Thursday, too. And no, it won’t be washed either…

I’m mental

I wore a GW #26 Red Elias for Game 1.  Went with a GW #26 Red Albelin for Game 2.

Will NOT be wearing anything with a #26 on it for Game 5!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I’m mental

No offense but none of us are that important, if all this stuff actually worked we should all be retired off all our winnings for gambling lol

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

No offense but none of us are that important, if all this stuff actually worked we should all be retired off all our winnings for gambling lol

Do we REALLY believe deep down that whatever jersey we wear or being present for some sporting event is going to help our team win?  Of course not.

But just remember that even many PRO ATHLETES themselves are superstitious.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I deserve the bell too - I was about as negative as I've ever been here and elsewhere.

I actually get why some people were shell-shocked into extreme negativity.  Outside of Jack's penalty shot goal (in a game that had LONG been decided), and the Devils turning in a decent first period in Game 2 (and even scoring on the power play), there was SO little to cheer for and feel good about.  They looked young, unprepared, and overwhelmed.  Some Devils fans definitely have absurd expectations of course...when the Devils went 21-2-1 for a stretch earlier this year and then dared to lose, almost right away there was some bitching.  But this is one time that even if I wasn't looking to jump off the cliff myself, I could understand why some fans were teetering off the ledge.  It's not easy to see such a hated rival waltz into your building and own your team.    

On the other side, the Ranger fans in attendance for Game 2 clearly thought that this thing was a mere formality as that game wound down...and of course, that brought out the worst of the douchiness that resides within damned near EVERY Ranger fan is capable of, especially in OUR presence.  So glad to see them suddenly have to be nervous about Thursday night's game and beyond.  

What’s up with timo? Do we think he’s not 100%? His physicality has been great but outside of that woof and I hate to have to say that. Some bad passes a sh!t ton of penalties that have to stop immediately.. we need him to start putting pucks in nets or I’m nervous about giving him the kind of money and term he’s going to get. He just looks lost out there half the time 

• Like 1