GDT: Game 4 Devils @ The Bad Guys, 7:00 pm

Colorado Rockies 1976

6 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

What’s up with timo? Do we think he’s not 100%? His physicality has been great but outside of that woof and I hate to have to say that. Some bad passes a sh!t ton of penalties that have to stop immediately.. we need him to start putting pucks in nets or I’m nervous about giving him the kind of money and term he’s going to get. He just looks lost out there half the time 

I think he's still figuring it out here...he also hasn't been given much of a chance to stick with a set group of linemates.  But yeah, the only time I've really noticed him in these four games is when he's making a trip to the box.  I know he' managed 15 SOG but I don't recall many (if any) having me saying "Timo got robbed on that one!"

I'm not really worried about him long-term...it will be interesting to see what both he and Bratt ask for this offseason.  Neither one is screaming "Pay him more than Jack!" to me at this point.  

25 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

What’s up with timo? Do we think he’s not 100%? His physicality has been great but outside of that woof and I hate to have to say that. Some bad passes a sh!t ton of penalties that have to stop immediately.. we need him to start putting pucks in nets or I’m nervous about giving him the kind of money and term he’s going to get. He just looks lost out there half the time 

Jack is really the only guy that looks like he has all the cylinders firing so I am not sure I can point at Timo and just be like "wtf is his problem". The entire offense, save Jack and Haula, has been anemic in comparison to the regular season.

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Jack is really the only guy that looks like he has all the cylinders firing so I am not sure I can point at Timo and just be like "wtf is his problem". The entire offense, save Jack and Haula, has been anemic in comparison to the regular season.

On a side note, man are these Rangers reminding me of Henrik's Rangers, in that once again they're not getting a series over with, and it looks like they could potentially squander more terrific playoff goaltending.  Since the start of last season's playoffs, Shesterkin's put up a .931 save% (.941 so far this year).  His team's record in his games?  12-12.  His numbers are ever better over his last 20 playoff games...not one game with a save% under .900 or more than three goals allowed, and an overall save% of .937 and a GAA of 2.04...the Rangers have gone just 11-9 in those games.  The Rangers can't possibly ask for much more from him...and heaven forbid if he ever had a bad game or two.   

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

tumblr_3e3b8990d0d51a7fc60c8599d73d7fc4_0f4779e2_540.gif.fa64f465da117e510a461704131d4f03.gif

Elimination games are brutal...here's the ones I saw in person:

2002 vs the Canes

2007 vs the Sens

2008 vs the Rangers

2009 vs the Canes 

All of them sucked, but the one against the Rangers...absolute fvcking worst.  Their fans of course were there, wouldn't STFU for five seconds...Devils trail 4-1, eventually make it 4-3, Madden misses a penalty shot and then the Ranger score a late empty-netter to close out the series.  Glad there's no chance of history repeating itself on Thursday.

1 hour ago, Puckbuster said:

This is why Rangers fans are idiots!

Jason Geisenheimer

@jasongeisenheim

What a dull game. Felt like watching the turn of the century Devils all over again.

10:55 AM · Apr 25, 2023

NEITHER team is giving up much through the middle.  Just the way this particular series has evolved...just one of those tighter, more defensive series...not much open ice.    

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

33 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

This is why Rangers fans are idiots!

Jason Geisenheimer

@jasongeisenheim

What a dull game. Felt like watching the turn of the century Devils all over again.

10:55 AM · Apr 25, 2023

·

Views

Ray Ferraro was really close to saying the Devils were playing the trap in the 3rd...   instead something like "it's like they have 8 guys in the middle not letting them in the zone, as they are playing a 1-2-2 and refusing to get out of position.  Really discipline."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aylbert said:

Ray Ferraro was really close to saying the Devils were playing the trap in the 3rd...   instead something like "it's like they have 8 guys in the middle not letting them in the zone, as they are playing a 1-2-2 and refusing to get out of position.  Really discipline."

fvck them. The Rags did the same sh!t to us in games 1 thru 4! When we do it it’s a problem for some unknown reason. That broadcast was so biased.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, aylbert said:

Which is what the Rangers have been playing the entire series.  I know you know, but I say again, fvcking idiots.  

1 minute ago, devlman said:

fvck them. The Rags did the same sh!t to us in games 1 thru 4! When we do it it’s a problem for some unknown reason. That broadcast was so biased.

Where are the Devils analysts?  Not one.

They want it both ways. Devils play a fast paced high offense game but simultaneously play the trap lol.

Why do they think the Devils have looked so off this series? The Rags are doing well at shutting down the Devils high paced transition game by.... Wait for it...clogging up the neutral zone haha. If any team is guilty of slowing the game down it's the Rags, no hate towards them for doing what they gotta do but F off for trying to blame NJ every time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

He can be a lot better, but he's drawing penalties as well as taking them. He's also wearing the villain hat quite well as far as the Rangers and their fans are concerned, ala Claude Lemieux. Now let's get some clutch goals to go along with that!

• EvilHeart 2

49 minutes ago, devlman said:

Thank you! The Rangers played the trap most of games 1 and 2! It’s insanity that we can’t call it the trap when half the league does it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

2002 vs the Canes

2007 vs the Sens

2008 vs the Rangers

2009 vs the Canes 

I was at the 2002 game. For me, the 1999 Game 7 loss to the Penguins in the first round was a very bitter pill to swallow, and the guy who threw his jersey on the ice after the game felt the same way. Three years in a row as a #1 seed, and one playoff series win to show for it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

They want it both ways. Devils play a fast paced high offense game but simultaneously play the trap lol.

Why do they think the Devils have looked so off this series? The Rags are doing well at shutting down the Devils high paced transition game by.... Wait for it...clogging up the neutral zone haha. If any team is guilty of slowing the game down it's the Rags, no hate towards them for doing what they gotta do but F off for trying to blame NJ every time.

I'm surprised at the Rangers fans who said their team didn't put forth a good effort yesterday. That team was checking as tightly as the Devils were, but their players wore down in the third period, especially after Siegenthaler's goal. It was hard for the Devils to generate anything out there.

20 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I'm surprised at the Rangers fans who said their team didn't put forth a good effort yesterday. That team was checking as tightly as the Devils were, but their players wore down in the third period, especially after Siegenthaler's goal. It was hard for the Devils to generate anything out there.

Gallant ripped them publicly. Called out their effort.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

2002 vs the Canes

2007 vs the Sens

2008 vs the Rangers

2009 vs the Canes 

Oh geez this is a fun one lol, I was at those as well but also at these... 

2004 vs the Flyers in Philly, this one really sucked lol

2006 vs Carolina in Carolina, Gionta scored like a minute into the game and all down hill after that

2010 vs the Flyers, very similar to the 08 Rangers series, terrible performances and out in 5

I was at a bunch of closeout games they actually won in 00, 01, 03 and 12 and other years so it does balance out lol 

Edited by Satans Hockey

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Gallant ripped them publicly. Called out their effort.

Yeah, I saw that, too. I just know what I saw .... they checked the Devils tight. There wasn't a lot of room to make plays. Offensively, they didn't adjust to what the Devils were doing, though, and that may have been what Gallant was upset about.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Thank you! The Rangers played the trap most of games 1 and 2! It’s insanity that we can’t call it the trap when half the league does it. 

Who am I?

[If the Devils wind up winning the series]:  "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuh, yous guys couldn't beat us widout playin' the trap!  Dat's all yous got!"  

[If the Bad Guys win the series]:  "Duuuuuuuuuuuh, yous guys couldn't handle our D!  We wur all over yas!  Smuthad ya!"  

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

No offense but none of us are that important, if all this stuff actually worked we should all be retired off all our winnings for gambling lol

Every playoff game since 1988 that either I didn't watch or stopped watching was a  Devils win. Yeah, I'm superstitious. Problem is back then I could record the game and watch. Those days are gone.

The 1st two games we tried to play "playoff hockey", match their grit and it didn't work. Next 2 while there were issues and we're not scoring as much as I'd like, there were elements of the 52-win Devils. I guess we should just play our style from here on out?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

2002 vs the Canes

2007 vs the Sens

2008 vs the Rangers

2009 vs the Canes 

All of them sucked, but the one against the Rangers...absolute fvcking worst.  Their fans of course were there, wouldn't STFU for five seconds...Devils trail 4-1, eventually make it 4-3, Madden misses a penalty shot and then the Ranger score a late empty-netter to close out the series.  Glad there's no chance of history repeating itself on Thursday.

NEITHER team is giving up much through the middle.  Just the way this particular series has evolved...just one of those tighter, more defensive series...not much open ice.    

Exactly, but to say it was a dull game because it was a low score and the Rangers lost is stupid.  It should be expected that the Devils will tighten up after giving up 10 goals in two games.  I’ll bet comments like this wouldn’t happen if the result was reversed.

• Like 1