GDT - Devils vs Rags Game 7 --Devils move on!

NJDfan1711

4 minutes ago, LIDevsFan1 said:

For all the haters you know this means Lindy is back if he wants it right ?  I for one am good w it. 

He’s earned it. At some point you can’t really be upset about winning too many games. :lol:

And it wasn’t just high end talent that won this series either (though Jack was obviously a big factor). 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He was coming back anyway.  And he and his staff had a terrific series.

Rangers were actually a -1 on their power play over the past 5 games (1 for 18 with two shorties against).  Hell of an adjustment there.

I have no idea what was done, who was put out there, tactics involved, but yes. The PK really came through after game 1 and 2.

Oh man... Lindy Ruff said in postgame that he told the group that this game should be the most fun you've had all year. Apparently he also told the group in pregame, "go out there and be a hero."

Hearing Nico say that this game 7 was the "most fun" game of his career was cool too. Lines up with what Lindy was saying in the locker room. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He’s earned it. At some point you can’t really be upset about winning too many games. :lol:

And it wasn’t just high end talent that won this series either (though Jack was obviously a big factor). 

I agree. The depth players really had to come through with how the top lines were all matching against each other. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Haula, Palat, Siegs, McLeod…LAZAR?!…fair amount of goals from “secondary/tertiary” sources.  

23 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Coaching won this series.

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Coaching, huge step up performances by guys like Haula and Palat, Schmid, etc. It was a multitude of things. 

How about that guy? 4 goals, (6 points) in 7 games and Zacha had zero. 

We win, Bs. 

EDIT: I looked, Zacha can't have been that bad for having 6 assists. Props to him anyway. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

Can't even gather all my thoughts right now about how awesome it was to win this series. The guys made us so damn proud out there. I have absolutely no voice. Can't wait to read through the whole thread later. I kept my phone away the vast majority of the game. 

I'll never doubt Lindy ever again, the first period was so stressful with all the damn penalties that somehow ended up being everyone but Wood lol

I didn't read everything here yet but on the post game radio show Matty read a text that he got that said Haula 4 playoff goals, Zacha 0 playoff goals, we won the trade lol Haula was awesome this series. Who the hell saw that coming when he was so snake bitten for so long. Love that he stuck to it.

Love Akira, love, love, love. The tequila song but doing AKIRA! is amazing. Whoever thought of that, give em a raise. 

Hope Timo is ok, saw him in the hand shake line so maybe that's a good sign, they never showed a replay so I can't really comment on the hit. I saw him with his head down and he really should have known better considering who was on the ice and how he plays.

Have no idea about Carolina, watched the series but who the hell knows. Just so happy the guys stepped up tonight and did this for themselves and us. 

fvck the rangers! So glad to see those sh!t bags sulk out of our arena. Such a satisfying experience that this ended up not even being close at the end. Was a super awesome experience especially for those of us who dealt with the 08 series ending at prudential. 

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 6
  • EvilHeart 3

Ya the announcers were awful and the whole production trash. They showed Matteau matteau at least twice, were visibly depressed when NJ scored, failed to mention blatant non calls, and showed constant rangers stats of the past. I really miss Doc 

• Like 4

That was fun! (once the 2nd and 3rd goal happened.) I couldn't look at the scoreboard until the 2nd goal.  I just wanted the clock to wind down.  no more blue next series except for the wonder bread jersey's😎

• Like 1

Schmid’s final numbers for the series:

4-1

1.38 GAA

.951 SV%

2 shutouts 

He’s a 22 year old rookie ffs. Just absurd. And honestly it was always going to take goaltending like that to match Igor. 

• Like 4
  • EvilHeart 4

19 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

NOCH EIN BIER

Cheers Lindy! I’ve ripped you on several occasions for various things, most recently the first two games of this series, but you adjusted like a champ and made the big decision to start Schmid. My hats off to you and the staff, and the first round is on me 🍺🍺

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Schmid’s final numbers for the series:

4-1

1.38 GAA

.951 SV%

2 shutouts 

He’s a 22 year old rookie ffs. Just absurd. And honestly it was always going to take goaltending like that to match Igor. 

He outdueled Igor on the biggest stage and make no mistake about the Rags, Igor was actually their best player all series long. 

Trocheck is a 3rd line center on other teams. I thought the Rags top 6 and most of the forwards were pretty meh. I think you keep Zib, Panarin, Tarasenko and slowly get that kid line up into the roster and more and more ice time. 

Fox and Miller are phenomenal defensemen, both mobile, fast, and excellent with the puck on their stick. There were times that Lindgren and Trouba really stood out. Trouba was a hound right on top of Hughes most of the series.

It will be interesting to see what the Rangers decide to do in the offseason. If they just need a restart? Do they go with a new coach after Gallant appeared to be thoroughly out-coached? Do they trade to make a move to make the defense even better? I'm very curious to see what Drury does and what he took from this series. I really liked Drury as a player, but it seems like it's a lot of the same-old sh!t, different day kind of management they have over there. 

I think we've seen the last of Patty Kane wearing the blueshirt. I saw Lindy say something to him in the handshake line and I have to imagine it was something like, "Hey, go enjoy Buffalo, you earned it." 

Edited by RizzMB30