Trade: Devils acquire Toffoli for Sharangovich and a 3rd

jagknife

3 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Where's this guy sit in the lineup now?

Probably 3rd line, makes us just that much deeper.. but if we know ruff he will constantly shuffle sh!t around so i can see him ending up all over the line up

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Probably 3rd line, makes us just that much deeper.. but if we know ruff he will constantly shuffle sh!t around so i can see him ending up all over the line up

I’d honestly think he’ll be top 6

I will definitely miss Rango. I hope he does well in Calgary… when we aren’t playing them of course 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

And wood on his way out too.

I’m so pumped for the season, like ecstatic

Me too, I'm trying not to get my expectations too high but barring ridiculous injuries there's no reason it shouldn't be another awesome season. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

If Fitz gets Timo re-signed on a reasonable deal (all signs point to that happening) I’ll already consider this offseason quite a success. 

Oh, and no crazy Hellebuyck trades either ofc. 

• Like 2

That's kinda what I was thinking. He's definitely at least a 2nd line caliber player. It's so crazy to see the depth on this team and the off-season isn't over yet either! 

In the games I've watched him play, he's usually pretty noticeable. Very excited for this trade. Yegor will definitely be missed, but it's hard to make a stink over this deal.

Cheers! October can't come soon enough!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I feel this in my bones right now, my cousin, a ranger fan just texted me and told me he feels NJ is getting a cup this coming season and damn it i hope hes right.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

If Fitz gets Timo re-signed on a reasonable deal (all signs point to that happening) I’ll already consider this offseason quite a success. 

Oh, and no crazy Hellebuyck trades either ofc. 

Honestly im not even against going out and getting helle that will put us over the edge imo. But i wouldnt want to extend him to anything more than 5yrs

1 minute ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

This move shocked me, in a good way. Solid performer everywhere he's played except Vancouver where he was injured.

And really that’s his only true injury stint. Don’t think he missed a game for LA nor Calgary. Even MTL was I think a full year with the COVID season

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

He’s a really good kid; hope he does well in Calgary. 

4 hours ago, jagknife said:

I’d honestly think he’ll be top 6

I will definitely miss Rango. I hope he does well in Calgary… when we aren’t playing them of course 

Same. I wish Shango the best of luck in CGY. I hope he figures it out and plays Toffoli's ice time. I really really like his game and it does feel like he got outshined this year pretty severely, but I really hope he and his family like it and he does really well there. 

As for the rest of the trade. Holy sh!t Fitz. I don't know how he pulled this one off. Getting the 6th for Blackwood was fine and probably goes to show that his value wasn't high around the league. 

How the fvck did Fitz pull this one off? This is another top 6 forward who is a right handed right wing. He is Holtz's and Mercer's competition for top 6 time going in to 2023-24. I'm fine with a 3rd pick going the other way to get a guy like this. I cannot believe that Shango fetched Toffoli. I didn't think that he had THAT much more value than say Blackwood. I don't know if CGY sees him as a top 6 guy. 

Huge deal. This is a guy who, like Palat can play anywhere in your top 9. Has a reputation of being an excellent shooter/sniper. I think he'll be huge on our second PP unit. He's also won a Stanley Cup with LA in 2014 (We got ourselves another Ranger-killer). His raw stats look like he's been a career secondary scorer and last year seems like the anomaly. Middle six RW. 

Bratt-Hischier-Mercer
Meier-Hughes-Toffoli
Palat-Haula-Holtz/Boquist
Foote-McLeod-Bastian

Here's this too. Just evidence that it's kind of make or break for Holtzy next season. NHL or bust.  https://www.nj.com/devils/2023/06/what-devils-told-alexander-holtz-at-exit-interviews-career-defining-offseason.html 

Good to hear that they got Bratter on top of Holtzy and really pushing him. Sounds like the entire management team wanted to send him a message. I think the tools are there in the toolbox for him. I think if he figures out his "play away from the puck" as Lindy would say, I think he'll stick. That being said, Toffoli is literally insurance for us in case Holtz is a bust or not the top 6 sniper we drafted him as. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Probably leaves about $10 million for the other 4 RFA’s after paying Timo. 

Yep. I slot Bastian in a 1.2-1.4 for 1-3 years.
McLeod will likely make 2-2.5 for 3-4 years. 
Bahl will probably be 1.5-2.5 for 1-4 years.
Boquist I am not sure. Can't see him being more than 3m and 1-2 years. Might not even be worth 2 tbf. Maybe will be included in another move. 

Just need Timo to come in under 9. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1