2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

20 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I Haven’t been paying that close attention to them, but I see Laf only has 2 goals since Thanksgiving…

“Breakout season” my ass. 

Can’t wait for the big Ranger celebratory shoutout tweet, when Laf manages to notch his 50th point in the Rangers’ final game this season.  Killer stuff from a 1OA pick in his 4th NHL season.  Progress!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Can’t wait for the big Ranger celebratory shoutout tweet, when Laf manages to notch his 50th point in the Rangers’ final game this season.  Killer stuff from a 1OA pick in his 4th NHL season.  Progress!

Wow 4 seasons already?!  That's crazy.

Preds snap a 1-1 tie with 7.9 secs left and even add an ENG, to hand the Isles a 3-1 loss.  

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 11:15 PM, jagknife said:

“Kevin Hayes and I couldn’t come to agreement about playing but that is a good man!”

say what you will about torts and how he may run cold real quick with players, but things like this show you how he actually does care about the person…

… and how much he hates certain members of the media lol

Frankly, he doesn't let the media get away with anything and it's one of his best traits as a coach. See's everything that happens on the ice and in the locker room as a business and you don't fvck with business. 

Citations for sources comes from academia. The media doesn't have to source anything and I understand Torts frustrations here. I'm surprised that media member had the guts to even say that it was him. Sports media is so bad they look like tabloids sometimes. 

Edited by RizzMB30

3 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

John Hynes, everyone.

The Wild started off 11-3 under him, but yeah, looks like the “Let’s shake things up by changing coaches” MO has worn off.

They’re not only 1-7-1 since, they’re getting caved in…been outscored 38-15.  I saw a good chunk of their game against the Flyers, and that loss was a bad one…they were up 3-1 about halfway through the third and then they gave up two quick ones, on the way tk eventually losing in OT.

Speaking of the Flyers, they have some tough games coming up, but they keep finding ways to stave off eventually sliding down the standings.  Torts really deserves a Jack Adams nomination; he’s done a phenomenal job with that team so far this year, he really has.

123 GP, 28 G, 72 A, -55

That’s what the Blue Jackets have gotten out of Johnny Gaudreau so far.  Keep in mind that this guy’s AAV for the next five YEARS is $9.75 million.  Goddamn that is just brutal…

And there’s this:

122 GP, 21 G, 57 A, -10

That’s Huberdeau’s numbers as a Flame, who’s now in the first year of an eight-year, $84 million deal.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

123 GP, 28 G, 72 A, -55

That’s what the Blue Jackets have gotten out of Johnny Gaudreau so far.  Keep in mind that this guy’s AAV for the next five YEARS is $9.75 million.  Goddamn that is just brutal…

And there’s this:

122 GP, 21 G, 57 A, -10

That’s Huberdeau’s numbers as a Flame, who’s now in the first year of an eight-year, $84 million deal.

Ha, those must have been the comparables William Nylander used to get his 11.5 AAV deal from the Leafs 

10 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

531BFCD8-D6A2-4D58-9308-509AACBFC062.thumb.jpeg.8d50448e73aa3588affeb03378e726bb.jpegBBF71A30-44CD-4709-9132-942BF8B3A085.thumb.jpeg.bed17e988ace0e17796f707e4d6ee14d.jpeg

So I guess Hughes will be on Team Jumpin Jack Cheese?

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

Ha, those must have been the comparables William Nylander used to get his 11.5 AAV deal from the Leafs 

It all really shows how difficult it can be to just pencil a guy into a lineup and automatically expect the same production.

Huberdeau in particular put up 346 points in 286 games in the four seasons prior to coming to Calgary.  Who could’ve seen such a sharp falloff coming?

1 hour ago, Max20Characters said:

Not only do the jerseys suck, but with largest fan base wins voting it's going to be Maple Leafs vs Canucks all star team

Fine be me, I didn't vote, we really don't need any of guys going to this anyway besides the required 1. Most guys would rather not go anyway. I'd rather them get some rest and avoid any even slight chance of injury in a meaningless weekend.

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

I'm getting ready to watch the Rangers Caps game and based on the standings I'm tempted to root for the Rags. 

All I want is a regulation win either way.  No loser points.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Kakko back in the lineup, I know he missed a bunch of games but he's only got 3 points in 20 games for the season....lol

I see the Rags won cause Mr It’s Turnaround Year scored.

Coincidentally, the rangers played such a clean game they were not penalized to give a PP after the first period and the caps had 4 against